News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Pittsburg Kansas - Sept 17\18 AAR

Started by Scarecrow, September 19, 2011, 11:45:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scarecrow

A very successful but moderately soggy Appleseed event completed at Pittsburg KS this weekend.
It was not the worst weather for a shoot that I have experienced though and we were fortunate to have a covered
firing line. The overhead cover made the weekend a pleasant experience instead of an endurance challenge.
Many thanks to Bone Creek range for hosting the event.
Approximately twelve shooters showed up. All but two were first time attendees.
Some traveled 7 hours one way just to attend.
All shooters but one returned for Sundays proceedings and no one dropped out because of weather.
All attendees displayed a positive attitude and everyones marksmanship skills improved to one degree or another.
We had three of our first timers take instruction well and earn their Rifleman patch with
expert score above 210 points.
I was impressed with our two youth shooters this weekend.
They are two very fine young men with positive attitudes.
Participants please feel free to make your comments on the weekend here.
Pictures will be posted later when I can find the cable for the digital camera.

4bfox

WOW...three first time AS Riflemen!  O0 Great job guys....thanks for coming up Henschman and Scarecrow! Y'all may get spoiled by that covered firing line though....thanks to the fine folks at Bone Creek Sport and Gun Club.
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money" G. Gordon Liddy

Eureka, KS RBC 05-11
Eureka, KS RBC 07-10

gpbbiker

Wow!
and given that we needed the rain so badly, I bet no one complained either!! :)
Sounds like you had an Excellent shoot. Many Thanks to the Oklahoma Crew!!
"Never pick a fight with an old man, if he's too old to fight, he'll simply kill you."
Loosely attributed to both Ernest Hemmingway and John Steinbeck
"Life is nothing more than the pursuit of stories worth telling to children" - Me

johndeereboy24

Thanks to the OK men for coming up to pittsburg KS. great instructor had a blast at this Appleseed .
Shoot high miss high

Scarecrow

pics

Scarecrow

more

Scarecrow

The ][rishman

The people at Pittsburg are always a great crowd.

Thank you Hensch and Scarecrow.  Another job well done.

][
III
"Thou shalt never be a perpetrator.
Thou shalt never be a victim.
And thou shalt never, but never, be a bystander." Yehuda Bauer

An Phoblacht abĂș
KD0OHT

FreeCelt

Excellent job every one! Do you happen to know if any of the shooters heard about AS from the preparedness expo in Springfield?
Though the cause of evil prosper, yet the truth alone is strong;
Though her portion be the scaffold, and upon the throne be wrong;
Yet that scaffold sways the future, and behind the dim unknown,
Standeth God within the shadow, keeping watch above His own.

Scarecrow

Uncertain on that.

Quote from: FreeCelt on September 20, 2011, 12:20:41 PM
Excellent job every one! Do you happen to know if any of the shooters heard about AS from the preparedness expo in Springfield?

henschman

It was another great event with some skilled and attentive students, as I have come to expect from Pittsburg events.  Everyone showed a lot of improvement over the weekend.  Congrats to our 3 Riflemen.  Now at Appleseed we are hardcore, and we will run an event even out in the pouring rain if we have to... but MAN it sure was nice to have that covered firing line!  ;)

Paul and Ben, you are welcome, and it was my pleasure.

I hear the other Kansas shoot over in Oxford went well, even if you were a little wetter!  :D

Shooters, I hope to see you all soon somewhere down the trail.  Riflemen, think about those orange hats, will you?  It really is the best way to take your skills to the next level, and plus, think about how fun and exciting it was to earn those patches... well it is even more fun and exciting to train others and hand those patches out! 
"Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual."
-- Thomas Jefferson to Isaac H. Tiffany, 1819

run4b33r

Had a great time over the weekend. Thanks again to all of the instructors and the fine people who run the range. Excited to attend the next one in Pittsburg and earn my Rifleman badge! I plan to bring a few more friends with me too. And maybe something a little quieter than an AR15 :)

Does anyone know if Daniel can validate our Rifleman Opportunity Card?  I left before he came back and didn't catch him. Hope it's not too late!

Scarecrow

Your next shoot boss should be willing to validate.
Just contact the SB ahead of time and have him PM "Henschman".
That is Daniels screen name here.

Quote from: run4b33r on September 21, 2011, 12:09:11 AM
Had a great time over the weekend. Thanks again to all of the instructors and the fine people who run the range. Excited to attend the next one in Pittsburg and earn my Rifleman badge! I plan to bring a few more friends with me too. And maybe something a little quieter than an AR15 :)

Does anyone know if Daniel can validate our Rifleman Opportunity Card?  I left before he came back and didn't catch him. Hope it's not too late!