News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Wells, MN - AAR - Sept. 17 & 18, 2011

Started by BuzzG, September 17, 2011, 10:13:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BuzzG

We're off to a great start in Wells, MN this weekend! A cool and blustery morning greeted seven dedicated shooters as we got started on Saturday morning. They are proving to be good students and their groups are getting getting tighter.  The Wells Rifle and Pistol club greeted us with hot coffee in the morning and fresh grilled hamburgers for lunch. Hugh thanks got out to the club for being such gracious hosts.  Johnnyappleseed and I are grateful to have an outstanding group of Americans on the line and the Founders are smiling tonight as the shooters rest up and prepare for tomorrow.
More information and pictures will follow soon.

BuzzG

AFTERMATH

So....  Uh....  Any Riflemen yet?  Just asking since, well... You know...  We're kinda competing for MN's 100th Rifleman!   :cool2:
As of this evening, no new Riflemen at Hinckley - Though one or perhaps two were getting there.  ^-^
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Johnnyappleseed

Glad you asked  :D  in fact Randy has achieved the score of RM O0

We were waiting for sun am for presentation as time was late when I scored the target .

Congratulations Randy for being Minnesota's newest Rifleman and being the 100th !

Whoo Hoooo
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Cooper

"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

Kosciusko

Congratulations on making RifleMan #100

I suppose it falls to the state coordinator to arrange for the creation/purchase/distribution of the new state rocker?

BuzzG

Sunday greeted 4 shooters back to the line on this rainy day. We hung fresh Redcoat targets and started our day. On the first ATQ of the morning, Randy proved yesterday's target wasn't a fluke and brought in a 226! Nice job! The shooters worked their tails off all day and both Spencer and Joe were so close to shooting to Rifleman's standards. Lots of 190's.. some 205's... one or two in the five. They have the heart of a Rifleman and I'm convinced that the next shoot they will make the score. Mitch came down with a flu type bug and was unable to be with us on Sunday. He shot his Garand all day on Sat. and made good progress bringing his group size down. Dave, we'll get you back on the line at the next shoot!

Nick and Cassie both made good progress on Sat. but another commitment kept them away on Sunday. Hope to see you both on the line again soon!

The Wells Rifle club served up grilled hotdogs for lunch today. Thanks to Dale and John for being great hosts!

Thanks to all the shooters who chose to spend their weekend with us. You all have the heart of a Rifleman and I hope to see you all again soon!. Rochester, MN and La Crosse, WI are 2 and 3 weeks away..

JohnnyAppleseed will have pictures along soon.

Buzz

warhog

Thanks everybody, I am glad to be a part of appleseed and a tip of the hat to BuzzG and others that helped me get started on this path!! 
Fortes fortuna adiuvat

BuzzG

Quote from: warhog on September 18, 2011, 10:24:38 PM
Thanks everybody, I am glad to be a part of appleseed and a tip of the hat to BuzzG and others that helped me get started on this path!!

Minnesota has a new IIT!

Randy agreed to accept the Orange Hat and start bailing. Johnnyappleseed will have the pictorial proof later. After lunch on Sunday, we put a hat on him and had him call the line. He's jumping in with both feet. Thanks Randy!

Buzz

Johnnyappleseed

It my honor to announce Buzz G has achieved RedHat.
Thanx for all your efforts Buzz.

Minnesota has men and women who truly know what they are about  O0
Thank You for allowing me to be part of it.

Will post pic's later in the week .

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Kosciusko

Cooper

CONGRATULATIONS, BUZZ !!
HUZZAH !!!  ^:)^   ^:)^  ^:)^

Guess I don't need to ask you if you wanted to take a shot at it in Dubuque!

Coop
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.

AFTERMATH

Johnny Appleseed, I must ask you to come to MN more often.  Every time you're here, our program grows by leaps and bounds!

Thank you for doing this - Wish I had been able to make it down there, Hinckley had other plans, however.

Congratulations Buzz!  I knew it wouldn't be long.  O0

Congratulations as well to Warhog, and THANK YOU for stepping up. 

Thank you to all the shooters, and come back soon!
Don't forget about the beauty of the fall colors in the great north woods this time of year...  Hinckley's coming up! ;)
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

tegz

Big Thanks to Buzz and JonnyAppleseed, you both were great instructors.  It was great to get my wife out for a shoot even if it was only one day. 

Congrats Buzz, you definitely earned the red hat!

Also congrats to Randy, look forward to attending a shoot with you instructing.

I'm planning to go to the Rochester shoot Oct. 1st and 2nd.  My wife has other plans, but I'm bringing my nephew with... I'm sure that will lead to his dad joining us in the spring for a shoot!

Cooper

JA,
I wish there had been some sort of advance warning.   Because of my job I am forced to make time commitments several month's ahead of time, and I placed myself in the wrong place at the wrong time.  I am envious of my colleagues, but I remain most appreciative to not have been on the receiving end of the Redcoat's bayonets.

Coop

colycat

I keep reading about pictures.  Are you sure this event even took place?

Welcome aboard, Tegz and Warhog O0
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

SavageShootr

CONGRATULATIONS on the RED hat!

This sounds like you all did a great job. One day I hope to get back to MN for an event.

Like coly said, we want to see the pics!
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

Johnnyappleseed

coming soon PICTURES -----
Now where is that lady who knows all about posting them  :D

Oh at a LADYSEED in Washington  ::)
Calvin Coolidge