News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Rexburg ID Sept 10-11 2011

Started by Mark Davis, September 12, 2011, 09:30:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Davis

Many thanks to Jen, Andrew and Angelica, for their work setting up the shoot and help runnig it!
More to come...

ID_Hezekiah

A very good shoot - weather was very good (except for a bit of heat and some stiff breezes on Sunday afternoon - but nothing a Rifleman couldn't handle). No patches awarded, but several shooters just on the edge of breaking the 210, including some first timers! I'm certain that I saw the rifleman's perseverence in the Sharpshooters and expect them to be Riflemen soon.  I was doing a bit of line calling, so I only snapped one quick cellphone photo - Clodhopper and her father assist not only a first time Appleseeder, but a young lady doing her first shooting ever with a little single shot bolt action.  It was heart-warming to see her light up at seeing her first hits ever on a target.
The British learned to dread the frequent appearances of this dire rider at unexpected points along the route of their passage, for his aim was true, and the economical principles in which he was trained forbade his wasting powder and ball.

Mark Davis

14 shooters on the line Sat morn, only three repeat appleseeders after demoing prone it took some extra time to get sling out, on rifles and shooters using them.
Of five young women on the line, Angelica was the only appleseed vetran. Ole clod was much impressed with the determination of these girls. The youngest, depicted in the photo by ID_Hezekiah was started with a bipod and very shortly demanded a sling like every body else.
Another young lady was shooting dad's 10-22 despite it being to long and heavy for her size. She wanted the badge of the rifleman!
A mother and two daughters had considerable shooting experience, were plagued by equipment problems. Their shooting was good but rapidfire strings were often short of rounds. They could not be back on Sunday they are well on the way to becoming riflemen
Will and Mike, the CZ will do you two just need to practice the motions and make every shot count on the 400 yard target.
Kristina, I believe the skill is there. The shooting, before fatigue set in was excellent. P.S.  I love moose salami.
Jason, bring that girl back she had had fun and she is a tough one.
Ray glad to meet you see again somewhere out there.
Gaila, another day at appleseed and you will be hammering nails with that rifle.
Rory, great meeting you send a PM to me via this web site for more info.
Brian and Jane, good meeting you and hope you two can come back for more.
Jen, remember to pick up your feet for natural point of aim shifts. Beyond that your barrier, could tension. Once you break through 210 will be easy...uhhh..211 will be easy!
If any of you have questions send them via PM.
Please post you comments.
Thank all of you for the great weekend.
Mark

Deflexor

Well I still have not achieved rifleman  :wb:

I only went on Sun this time (mostly because of the hours that I work), got a high score of 197 for this shoot.

Finally an appleseed 15 min from my home  ^:)^

I enjoyed myself as always, please lets do another shoot here in the future (though Blackfoot is fine too..grasssssss!!!!!).

Ray

Mark Davis

Thanks to Tom for borrowing and hauling target backers, the time on the line and good advice for shooters.
Thanks to John a watchful eye and another perspective are great help in having a successful shoot.

Jen123Rex

A Safe Rifle and A Safe Shooter

Jen123Rex

Rexburg Pictures

Jen123Rex

More Rexburg Pictures - It will only let me post a few at a time.

Jen123Rex

Look at all those patches.  I wanted one, but noooo he had to put them all away.  We will all just have to keep at it.

Mark Davis

BEEMER

Thanks for making us welcome , a few pix
Hezikiah demonstrating which corner to shoot .
a line getting ready
Beemer

BEEMER

NICE shade for storytelling
Beemer