News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Gibsonburg Aug 27/28

Started by posterboy, August 29, 2011, 07:52:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

posterboy

Well........

Busy day here I will fill in more later but we had a phenomenal group out this weekend from the students to the instructors. September decided to pay us a visit instead of late August so the weather was amazing. All the ingredients combine in the fertile loins of Then Great Black Swamp to produce another great shoot..

Feel free to comment..I'll be back

pb

nmercorella

This was a great experience and I spent a good part of my monday workday telling people how great it was.  The instructors were outstanding!  Of course my 10 year old daughter is very happy that she hit the 500yd target and I missed...  we look forward to coming back and bringing more people back with us.

Gordon

Hey nmercorella it was great having you and Elizabeth out there. Hope to see you again soon. Spread the word in the meantime!

Thanks to everyone who came out. Beautiful weekend. Oh and the weather was nice too. :)

-G

Fives

I brought my daughter Samantha this past weekend for her first Appleseed. She really enjoyed herself, and I saw  improvement in her shooting the second day. A special thanks to Cadence for letting her use the extra rifle. This was my second Appleseed, and many more to come. All the instructors where top notch!!!!

Until next time.
"A hero is no more brave than an ordinary man, he is braver five minutes longer" RWE

badelve

Another great weekend in Gibsonburg.
   Beautiful weather & eager shooters. Bummer that there's only 2 more shoots this year at G'burg.
Hope to see everyone back out in September (Bring a friend or two!)

George Hacker

Quote from: nmercorella on August 29, 2011, 08:40:40 PM
This was a great experience and I spent a good part of my Monday workday telling people how great it was.  The instructors were outstanding!  Of course my 10 year old daughter is very happy that she hit the 500yd target and I missed...  we look forward to coming back and bringing more people back with us.
Marksmanship is indeed a level playing field as a sport.  Young and old, male and female can compete competitively.

Glad you and your daughter had a great time.  It sounds like you had one of those priceless memories together.  The RW history and this kind of kinship is what brought me back to Appleseed after my first shoot.

- ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

Jonesy

I managed to get 1 photo while working the line

Great shoot and the weather cooperated! Everyone was working hard toward the goal, and lots of folks knocking on the door....lots of AQT's right around the 200-206 mark.  Keep practicing and it wil come!

The number of shooters certainly kept everyone busy, and I for me personally, I ecountered lots of equipment issues - 1 loose scope mount, 1 loose rear tech sight base, and several each double feeds/stovepipes/misfires. It was a challenge keeping up!  O0

MilSurp

This was an awesome experience.  It was my first formal rifle training, and I really enjoyed the history lessons.  I've told several of my friends about the program.  I will be back again, and will bring more people with me!