News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Cloverdale Aug. 27-28, 2011

Started by techres, August 29, 2011, 10:49:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

techres

What a great weekend!

We had a great group of students come and spend time learning history and heritage as well as rifle marksmanship.  The weather was great, the fellowhip excellent, and marksmanship after instruction was spot on.

A few pictures from the weekend:

And our newest rifleman:

On Sunday, West came to practice as a shooter and we were back into the AQT & KD action:

We had so many who were knocking at the door that it was heartbreaking to see the 208's, 199's and such.  But I know that with some practice at home the next will be 220's!

It was an honor and pleasure to spend time with each of you this weekend. 

I hope to see each of you again real soon on the line,
Techres (Joshua)
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

hooky

Great weekend is exactly what it was.  Thanks to all the instructors who gave their time to teach us history, heritage and marksmanship.  This was a fantastic experience for me, a first time Appleseeder.  I maxed out just short of rifleman, but I know I'll be eating bacon at the next one if I keep practicing what was taught.

It was really fun to be able to ring steel with a .22 at 100 too. O0  There's no way I could have done that before.

Thanks again to Joshua, Dave, Todd, John and Swanny.

Eddie

We had great weather and a very enthusiastic group of students.  It was nice to have that kind of Instructor to student ratio because everyone got lots of one on one instruction time.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

yellowhousejake

Arggg! I woke up early Saturday and almost went since I had all my honey do's finished for the weekend. Looks like I missed another dose of Cloverdale's Magic. I almost went as a shooter too!

YHJ
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

RBKL

As usual I had a great time at the latest Appleseed.

Shooting the steel at 100 yards was fun.  It was good to shoot the targets and adjust the sights - and see that it really worked.  Too bad I didn't do the proper correction when moving the scope back.  Note to self - do the opposite of what is written on the paper in your pocket to adjust back.

I want to thank all of the instructors for taking the time to teach and tutor.   I do appreciate all the history, information, skills/techniques and patience.

Thanks fellow Appleseeders for being such great people!

Planning for & looking forward to the next one.   Hope to see you around.