News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Lewiston, ID AAR - August 27-28, 2011

Started by Western Rose, August 28, 2011, 05:33:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Western Rose

Since I'm not at this event today, I thought I'd kick of the AAR.

A huge thank you to the Lewis-Clark Wildlife club for hosting another Appleseed!!! And a tremendous thanks to Chef Bob for making burgers for us!

Sadly, I had some homework to do, so for most of the day I was inside finishing it up after the admin duties were done. When I was finally able to get out on the line (or take breaks from the homework ::)) I was greeted with a group of very teachable attitudes and a HUGE amount of persistance.

Eric, work hard on that trigger finger and blink! Remember to relax and get your support elbow under the rifle. We all know you are flexible enough to be able to.  ;)

Cleve, work on that bucking/flinching and trigger finger. Dryfire will help a lot.

Clyde, remember to focus on the front sight, get the elbow under the rifle and follow through.

It was a pleasure to be on the line with you, even for that little time.

Looking forward to hearing all about today!!!

Feel free to add more to this, folks!
Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

Western Rose

And now for the Saturday pictures...

Shoot Boss demoing prone

Clyde and Cleve (left to right)

Eric

IMC

Eric showing us how flexible he is

Shooting the last Red Coat of the day

A few more pictures and the "artsy" shots will be up momentarily: Lewiston, ID Appleseed Photos

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

50th Appleseed

kenjo

Looks like a nice range--LWS is on my list of future Appleseeds. Of course, the weather is always perfect, too  ;D .
"At what point then is the approach of danger to be expected? I answer, if it ever reach us, it must spring up amongst us. It cannot come from abroad. If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide."  Abraham Lincoln

Western Rose

Quote from: kenjo on August 29, 2011, 12:39:10 AM
Looks like a nice range--LWS is on my list of future Appleseeds. Of course, the weather is always perfect, too  ;D .

We'd love to have you come over! I suppose having weather in the 100s could be considered "perfect"...  ;D

50th Appleseed

Roland

The doorway to freedom is framed by the muskets that stood between a vision of of liberty and absolute anarchy at a place called Concord Bridge--Charlton Heston, 1997

"Be a man of principle. Fight for what you believe in. Keep your word. Live with integrity. Be brave. Believe in something bigger than yourself. Serve your country. Teach. Mentor. Give something back to society. Lead from the front. Conquer your fears. Be a good friend. Be humble and be self-confident. Appreciate your friends and family. Be a leader and not a follower. Be valorous on the field of battle. And take responsibility for your actions. Never forget those that were killed. And never let rest those that killed them." -- Major Douglas Zembiec

kenjo

Quote from: Western Rose on August 29, 2011, 10:23:21 AM
Quote from: kenjo on August 29, 2011, 12:39:10 AM

We'd love to have you come over! I suppose having weather in the 100s could be considered "perfect"...  ;D

But it's a dry heat...   ;)
"At what point then is the approach of danger to be expected? I answer, if it ever reach us, it must spring up amongst us. It cannot come from abroad. If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide."  Abraham Lincoln

Piker

Quote from: Roland on August 29, 2011, 02:06:53 PM
Is that a bayonet? And nice hat!

Roland

Awesome hat!! and that looks like a Mosin-Nagant M44. They were designed to shoot with the bayonet extented. BTW, what was the fireball comming outa that M44 like?
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Willy Pete

Well folks, I'm (Erik) bound and determined to get that expert score.  I've spent the summer trying to get back into the kinda shape I enjoyed in my early twenties (with limited success) and now that pursuit includes the rifle scores I got way back in the day.  I've been spread out in the prone every day, and today I found my sitting position.  Once I fell into it, I knew I had it.  I look forward to giving the AQT another whirl soon.
I'd really like to thank the good folks who put on our Appleseed, coached, administrated, and offered their weekend and patience.  Similarly, the range officers who both held the event and who fed us deserve an enormous thanks as well.  This has been a great experience and I'm trying to spread the word where ever the ground seems fertile.

TruTenacity

Another weekend spent on the range with great students!  Too bad the Sunday Instructors forgot the camera.

Bob (from LCWC) - We think you should open up shop "Bob's Burgers".  Thanks for your kind cheerful service to both the Instructors and students.  It's always a pleasure seeing you.

Cleve - nice job hanging in there all day Sunday working that nice Mosin of yours.  Get the bucking under control as well as your trigger finger and you'll see your groups shrink. 

Clyde - you're trigger control improved immensely over the course of the weekend.  Now, just keep that elbow under the rifle and your eye on the front sight and you'll get that rifleman's score in no time.

Erik - You were quite the attentive listener.  It was fun watching you assimilate all we were teaching you and then attempt to put it to practice.  I'm glad to hear you found that sweet spot in sitting.  I look forward to having you on the line again to see the results. 

John - You were oh so close with a 204.  Trigger control and getting all your rounds off will most certainly get you over the hump.

Lynne - After a whole year it was nice having you on the line again.  Your willingness to implement all we taught gave you a 30+ point improvement from Sunday am to Sunday pm.  Keep up the good work.  Hope to see you sooner than a year.

All - thanks for being attentive not only during the rifle marksmanship instruction, but during the history presentations as well.  Don't forget to study this era of our mutual history then go out and make wise choices as our Founding Father's did.  Remember, they counted the cost and were willing to stand-up for liberty.  How can we not do the same?

If we did our job properly you'll help spread the word.  Come again and bring a friend.
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9