News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: New Philadelpia, Ohio - Aug 20-21, 2011

Started by ak47sharpshooter, August 22, 2011, 09:07:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ak47sharpshooter

First off, it's Tusco Rifle Range, so what else needs to be said? Covered range...cement pad...lunch provided...and best of all, a 50" LCD TV in the club house for us campers, for us to watch Braveheart. ..:..

What a great weekend! My first shoot as a Orange Hat, and it's an amazing experience. Congratulations to our rifleman, and great job to the others. You all have the skills. Just keep trying!! PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE!!!
Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
John F. Kennedy

posterboy

Yep Ak...an awesome shoot

What a wonderful group of Americans that assembled in New Philly this weekend !

Many were repeat seeders so that made the COF go quickly and the refining of skills sharper.  Mike,Sarah Richard,Laura,Matt, Rob and Dale it was awesome to have you on the line !

Congrats to Mike /"coop" for scoring a moist 210 on Saturday and A HUGE thank you for deciding that the Appleseed mission is important enough for you to join us as an IIT ! Huzzah !

EVERYONE improved and as AK said PRACTICE and you will hit the 210 mark...I am 100 % sure of it ALL of you have the skills to do so it is just a matter of time.

Special Thanks to Derek and the Tusco Rifle club ...wonderful facility and great people there ..thanks for being such a great appleseed friend and host !

see you on the trail !

PB

chippendale

The patch shall be mine!

Thanks, once again, to the volunteers. 

Patriot Gal

What a beautiful range! 

May need to schedule some border raiding.....   ;)

Congrats to Mike for his Riflemen score and new IIT orange hat!!!  May you wear it well!!  O0

See you all on the trail!!!!
Patriot Gal
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan

farmguner

Yes a big congrats to Mike for shooting the 210 and taking up the orange hat. O0   Tuscon is defiantly a great place to shoot. :--- Those covered ranges are nice rain or shine. This was the first time back on the trail for me, since accepting my orange hat. I want to thank all of the Tusco Range Members for letting us tie up to of their eight ranges for 5 weakends this year already and one more on the schedule.  Poster Boy, thanks for bringing that Steel target. Also for the opportunity to fire that wonderful 30 cal MBR.  If my memory is correct, every body that shot i,t rang the steel at 500yrds. Poster Boy did warn us, IF you fire my M1a you will likely feel the need to own one. He was not kidding.

RPD

Quote from: posterboy on August 23, 2011, 10:39:58 AM
Yep Ak...an awesome shoot

What a wonderful group of Americans that assembled in New Philly this weekend !

Many were repeat seeders so that made the COF go quickly and the refining of skills sharper.  Mike,Sarah Richard,Laura,Matt, Rob and Dale it was awesome to have you on the line !

Congrats to Mike /"coop" for scoring a moist 210 on Saturday and A HUGE thank you for deciding that the Appleseed mission is important enough for you to join us as an IIT ! Huzzah !

EVERYONE improved and as AK said PRACTICE and you will hit the 210 mark...I am 100 % sure of it ALL of you have the skills to do so it is just a matter of time.

Special Thanks to Derek and the Tusco Rifle club ...wonderful facility and great people there ..thanks for being such a great appleseed friend and host !

see you on the trail !

PB

Inquiring minds want to know, Did Coop shoot the 210 with the stock Ruger sights that he shot in the 190s (or was it low 200s?) with?

Congrats Coop!  I knew you'd get the "patch" the next time out!
-RPD
*The true danger is when liberty is nibbled away, for expedients, and by parts.
*The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.
*Whenever separation is made between liberty and justice, neither, in my opinion, is safe.
-Sir Edmund Burke

tink

Quote from: farmguner on August 24, 2011, 12:27:33 PM
...  Poster Boy, thanks for bringing that Steel target. Also for the opportunity to fire that wonderful 30 cal MBR.  If my memory is correct, every body that shot i,t rang the steel at 500yrds. Poster Boy did warn us, IF you fire my M1a you will likely feel the need to own one. He was not kidding.

hearing "clang" in my sleep now... or is it the Mrs. hitting me w/ the frying pan? (& something about you want to buy what??)   ++)

Even though the "patch" eluded me again... it was too cool to pick up an unfamiliar rifle, iron sights and put a "clank" at 500yds.
- great testimony to the Appleseed program, building solid skills.  ^:)^

now back to practice practice practice ...
-Rick

Coop

RPD, not with the stock Ruger sites, I installed Tech sites almost immediately after the Appleseed in June.  AK was kind though and only got me wet instead of soaking me, since I shot exactly 210.

Tink, picking up both of the unfamiliar rifles and making the target clang has me grinning still now.

Farm Guner, you are correct about wanting to own one, just gotta figure out "how to."

Was another great shoot and looking forward to the next.  Have to check my schedule and plan it soon! :D

Mike