News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR West Baden IN Aug 20-21

Started by Mudcat, August 21, 2011, 08:53:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudcat

We rolled in early saturday morning in a fog so thick we could hardly see the front of the truck. We found it with no trouble though. We got the line set up just in time for the shooters to show up. 1 old hat at Appleseed, 1 that had attended before and 4 new shooters. Not a lot of shooters but lots of heart for sure. Some of the highlights were Avery being able to repeat my instructions pretty much word for word. That kid really pays attention, and has the best trigger control I ever seen with a youth heck even adults. Bill with his grunting and groaning his way to a 222 and backing it up with a 221. Way to go Bill, thanks for bringing Avery! You guys were a lot of fun.  Ken the barefoot Rifleman way to go, and thanks for driving up from KY. to attend out shoot. Donnel when you got down and put 1 round in each black squareI was not going to say anything about it. I was happy. You improved a lot but the timed stages were hard for you. By the time you go to where you were getting your rounds off in time you were worn out I know. But you got the ROC so come back and see us again. I know you will be sporting a patch soon.Abe sorry you couldn't come back on Sunday but maybe again soon. Corbin was fighting a moving scope all weekend, I know that is frustrating. Hang in there though!

A special thanks to POC and his Dad for the use of their property and allowing us to have an Appleseed there. Thank you Thank You!!

Poc has some pics and I am sure he will post them soon.

I had another great weekend with my fellow Americans. Thank you for getting off of the couch and joining us.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Modhydro

I'll second the fog note.  It was thick in the morning, but cleared quickly. 

I was amazed at what an attentive line it was.  Everyone progressed throughout the weekend very well.  It is nice to see everyone open to new ideas and learning new things.  It was especially nice to see everyone so interested in the history.

Special thanks to POC for a very neat family "homestead" to share our time on.  Hopefully we can be back there some time soon.

Remember to bring along a friend.  Lets all bring at least one new person to each shoot we attend and share the experience.

Modhydro  IIT-0

yellowhousejake

I wish I could have been there! But, duty called elsewhere and that was one of Indiana's "triple header" weekends, we have two more this year.

I like the growth, but it seems I will give up the ability to be everywhere, meet everyone, and see everything as the growth continues.

Were there any pictures? Any at all?  :'(

YHJ

I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

Mudcat

POC took a bunch of pics but he has been MIA he sent me a PM saying he was swamped with his new job.

Here is 1 of 10 year old Avery with a great looking seated position.

Here is one of XDman giving history.

The only 2 pics I snapped all weekend.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington