News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Noblesville, IN AUG 20-21, 2011

Started by hawkhavn, August 20, 2011, 11:59:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawkhavn

Great shoot, almost full line, tomorrow the shoehorn comes out if anyone new shows up!
Outstanding, unusually good off hand score on today's AQTs.

More tomorrow!

HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

kate

Had tons of fun meeting everyone and leaning new things... like how to chop up a watermellon with a machette  ;D  I hope to see all of you on the line again sometime. Between now and then, have fun sending lead downrange!

Anybody ever want a shooting buddy, just call me up!
P.S.  I'll bring the cookies!

kate

slim

yellowhousejake

Niecie and I had a great time in IL, but I knew I should have been at Noblesville, to see Kate and Diana again!

Glad you had a good time, how is the practice coming along?  O0

YHJ
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

SPQR

"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

hawkhavn

Chocolate chip cookies warmed in the sun and tasting just like they had come out of the oven...yeah you had to be there!

Thank you ladies!

Pictures later tonight!

HH

Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

kate

yhj: practice is going great! Got a new high score of 195 on AQT  ;D  My ten round mags just got in today and I'm super excited to pick them up tomorrow!! Brought my best friend Kaitlyn to the line with me and she had a blast too! can't wait untill I get to see everyone again, hopefully I'll be at a shoot soon! Going to become a blue hat!! YAY!!!  ^:)^

Yes, cookies!! I'm going to bring them to every shoot because they're YUMMY!! :D 

kate

AuntieBellum

kate - congrats on the new high score!  I have no doubt you'll get well past that 210 very soon!  Can't wait to see you under a fancy new hat!   ^:)^
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

hawkhavn

First set of pics!
Four Riflemen out of 13 attendees, 2 of whom were first time Appleseeders!

Dr. Jerry Pournelle

---Robert Anson Heinlein

hawkhavn

More pics from the line:

Dr. Jerry Pournelle

---Robert Anson Heinlein

Bull13

Sorry I missed the cookies. And what appears to have been an awesome weekend at the range. Good to see you, your Mom and a friend along! Keep up the hard work and you'll have that well earned title(Rifleman). See you next time!
Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!
Patrick Henry March 23,1775

HQ

Kate!  So glad to hear you had fun AND that you brought a friend!  A 195 is excellent!  I can't wait to see what you can do with smaller mags!

kate

Me either! I'm super excited to get to a range and try them out!!   ^:)^   

Hopefully I'll see some of you guys soon!!!

yellowhousejake

We have no shortage of events in Indiana for you to choose from. September and October both have triple header weekends. I think the next two weekends are the only ones without a Appleseed until November.

You could drop by Carrolton KY and visit Niecie, Auntiebellem, and I next weekend.  ^-^

YHJ
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

kate

I'D LOVE TOO!! I'll try to get my mom to take me  ;D

kate

Sorry, I can't come. we are celebrating my Moms birthday at my grandparents this weekend.

AuntieBellum

Quote from: kate on September 01, 2011, 08:50:49 PM
Sorry, I can't come. we are celebrating my Moms birthday at my grandparents this weekend.
Tell your mom Happy Birthday for me!
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

kate

Will do!

She say "Thanks I guess, i would rather not get older"  **)

sleepy Joe

I would of liked to make it up there
By the numbers