News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR - Eureka, KS August 13-14th

Started by 4bfox, August 16, 2011, 09:15:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4bfox

Fantastic! What a great weekend.....almost 20deg cooler than last month! That alone was a BIG plus.

We "patched" 3 Riflemen.....Brian, Kevin and Dave. Yes, Dave persisted after his Hutchinson Appleseed, and qualified! We had a couple others "knocking at the door"....come on back and get it done next time.

AnnieOakley did a great job calling the line, Bowmaker Baker's Dozen and Cap'n Cook were excellent RSOs. And of course 'biker was his usual phenomenal self....a very useful guy to have around!  O0

We also had two Riflemen take the Orange Hat to begin their journey in Appleseed as IITs....Dave and Keith! See you down the road....

THANK YOU to Audie and Bonnie at Christian Hills Camp! We REALLY appreciate your excellent facilities...dorms with showers/restrooms, swimming pool and breakfast!

I have a few pics below...feel free to post yours, too! Hopefully SOMEBODY got a pic of Dave with his patch....somehow I didn't get one....  :(
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money" G. Gordon Liddy

Eureka, KS RBC 05-11
Eureka, KS RBC 07-10

khamill2000

4bfox

There we go....I KNEW somebody had this!  O0
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money" G. Gordon Liddy

Eureka, KS RBC 05-11
Eureka, KS RBC 07-10

4bfox

Even 'biker got a chance to shoot!

Eureka, KS RBC 05-11
Eureka, KS RBC 07-10

ksuguy

Sorry I missed it.    I got stuck with work stuff yet again.   Just seems like something is coming up every time we have one scheduled this summer.   I'm really hoping it doesn't happen again in September since I'm supposed to car pool over there with one of the guys from work.   

He's all set to try out his new 10/22 and really looking forward to it.

gpbbiker

Yeah! It was fun to get the .308 on the line. I'd been a lot happier if it hadn't shot an inch and a half high at 25 yds!! Oh well, a little time, a little ammo, some sighter squares and a little IMC and I will be there!!
"Never pick a fight with an old man, if he's too old to fight, he'll simply kill you."
Loosely attributed to both Ernest Hemmingway and John Steinbeck
"Life is nothing more than the pursuit of stories worth telling to children" - Me

4bfox

Yeah, BUT you had a nice group!  O0

I had FUN banging away with my "commie rifle"...not bad for an old fat guy....

Eureka, KS RBC 05-11
Eureka, KS RBC 07-10

gpbbiker

"Never pick a fight with an old man, if he's too old to fight, he'll simply kill you."
"Life is nothing more than the pursuit of stories worth telling to children" - Me

Mauser

Hey All,
Thank you everybody for getting this event together.  It feels so right to wear the badge of Rifleman, although according to my wife...I'm still doing the cooking... Nevertheless, I can't wait to sport the orange hat at a future event and help to perpetuate the program.  I really think it makes a difference and I want to do my part to payback the momentous efforts that it took to turn this trigger jockey into a proper Rifleman.  I had a great time and everybody involved with running the event was great!   

See Ya'll next time.

Dave

4bfox

Thanks Dave...so glad you enjoyed it! O0  See you down the road.....

Eureka, KS RBC 05-11
Eureka, KS RBC 07-10

davecampperry

Please forgive this off topic, but... I will be attending the Eureka AS Sept 24/25. and will be staying in the dorm Friday and Saturday night. However, if I have to room with a smoker or a snorer I might as well stay home. Don't tell me to get to sleep first so I won't hear the snore, as a snore 'rips' me awake instantly. And tobacco smoke stops my breathing reflex, and I have to use a CPAP because of working in other people's smoke all those years. Help???
"Any one who attempts, or even wishes, to disarm me is my mortal enemy, and is guilty of Treason." Jeff Cooper
Let's stop calling it 'gun control' and start calling it what it is-Treason.

gpbbiker

Hi Dave!!

You are in luck, Christian Hills Camp has a "no alcohol" and a "no smoking" in buildings policy so you are good to go there. As far as the snorers go, yipe!! We have a few, but no worries there either because the Bunk House has four separate wings and If we need to I bet we could get one of the cabins open. Best to PM 4bfox and make arrangements in advance! We will work with you!!

4bfox

Hey davecampperry:

As John said...plenty of room in the bunkhouse...sleeps 40-50 I think. I'll check on the individual cabins and PM you with the pricing. The bunkhouse is $10/night and  each section has its own bathroom.

Ben

Eureka, KS RBC 05-11
Eureka, KS RBC 07-10

davecampperry

O0Outstanding. Thanks for the encouragement. I hope I didn't sound like a 'prima donna'  @)but loss of sleep is dangerous. It is 530 miles round trip for me.
"Any one who attempts, or even wishes, to disarm me is my mortal enemy, and is guilty of Treason." Jeff Cooper
Let's stop calling it 'gun control' and start calling it what it is-Treason.