News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Huts Are Now Available At The Ramseur Range

Started by wildman, August 16, 2011, 12:37:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wildman

Hut Rules

These rules where updated on 1/5/2012. These updates are more clarification than change.

We now have two 12 x 16 insulated and air-conditioned huts available for use by anyone attending events at the Ramseur Range. These hut are nice but aren't Hilton Hotels, think of them as primitive. Families or groups 4 persons can rent a hut for their exclusive use if available. The cost for exclusive use of a hut is $45.00/night and limited to families or groups of 4. Single persons or groups of less than 4 can rent a space in a hut for $15.00/night. Please note singles maybe sharing the hut with others. One hut contains a full size air bed and the other hut has three cots. Be prepared to bring your own cot.

Hut space is available by reservation on a first come first serve basis.  Send a PM to me (wildman) and I'll send you the mailing address. Reservations must include a deposit.  When requesting hut space please provide me with arrival and departure dates plus the number of persons in the party. The reservation will be limited to those dates and number of persons. Please don't ask for space without providing that information. The deposit for single person in a shared a hut is $15.00. The deposit for the exclusive use of a hut is $45.00.  The reservation is not valid until the deposit is received. The deposit will be refunded with a 48-hour cancellation notice. Deposit will be applied to cost of stay.  Rental fees not covered by deposit are due upon arrival.

Requests for reservation maybe sent 60 days prior to the date the event will be held. Example: I'll accept reservations on May 15th for a July 15th  event and so on. Please remember the Appleseed program is completely staffed by volunteers many of us have jobs and families. I ask for your understanding if it takes a couple of days to answer your PMs.

There is no charge for instructors that are working the Appleseed event for the same time period.  Instructors should contact me (wildman) ASAP by PM in advance to insure availability.

Each guest staying in the hut must sign the guest register.

There is no maid service! Guests are expected to sweep and clean huts prior to departure, leaving them the way they were found. If there are multiple guests all guests are expected to insure hut has been cleaned prior to departure.

Floors are to be swept then damp mopped. Brooms and mops are provided for that purpose.

There is to be no smoking in huts.

Pets are not allowed in huts.

If a guest wishes to lock hut during their stay they must provide their own lock.

Guest that refuse to follow the above rules can be barred from huts.

Huts not for you? You can always bring your own tent and camp for free.

RWVA Staff.
This is my rifle. There are many like it but this one is mine.... "My Rifle" the creed of a US Marine by MG WH Rupertus,USMC

TheIronMantis

Excellent!  How many people will each hut sleep?  Are there any sort of bunks in them?

wildman

Right now there is a double bed air mattress on a frame in hut #1 and a GI cot in hut #2.  Suggest you plan on bringing what you want to sleep on. I think four/hut for right now would be good but we would have no objections if a group greater then 4 wanted a hut.  There is talk of putting in bunk beds and going to 8 we will have to see. Best thing to do is communicate with me via PM before coming to check on availability or make a reservation. I already have a family sign up for the AS in October.
This is my rifle. There are many like it but this one is mine.... "My Rifle" the creed of a US Marine by MG WH Rupertus,USMC

hawkeye

I am still looking for a deal on a used dorm type refrigerators for the huts.  Hopefully I can find one soon. Building the showers may be next?
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student

7.62BBQ

Hey Hawkeye, I have a used dorm type frig. the range can have. It still works too.

hawkeye

Bring it to the range any donations would be great. It seems all the college students have bought the used ones around here.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student