News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Quick question,Hubertus shoot

Started by madbodhi, August 12, 2011, 05:50:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbodhi

Going to the Appleseed in Hubertus tommorow. Just a few last minute questions.What am I looking at for round count since it's a one day.I'm low on SA 7.62 so I may need to run some chicom steel case iv'e never fired that I have a good quantity of.Hopefully it will run well and give decent accuracy.Will there be time to sight in? I'm bringing a new shooter that i'll be loaning a new rifle to and have simply not had time to bring the two together.

Trisha

Hello madbodhi,

Welcome to Appleseed! I would recommend bringing 250-300 rounds just to make sure you will have enough for the day. There will be time to sight in, in the morning since it is part of our instruction. If you have any other questions please just let us know! Enjoy your Appleseed tomorrow, and who knows I might meet you there, I am thinking I might swing by to instruct.  ;D

madbodhi

Had a great and rather humbling time  ??? .Haven't fired a rifle in about 3 years and it definitely showed.Definitely a kick in the ass to get out on the line more.I'll definitely be back for more punishment.Besides,I liked the range.Not too far from me and abunch of goings on.I'm going to look into joining.For those who were there,I was the large,scary yet incredibly handsome Hispanic guy in the black skull shirt with the old Dodge crewcab firetruck  ++).

Trig

Glad you enjoyed the day!  It was nice to have some centerfires on the line too!  I hope to see you around.  :---
1st Appleseed - Osage Beach MO, 4/17/10- special thanks to Longshot, ThorsHammer, and JungleGeorge
2nd Appleseed - Lodi WI - Rifleman/Orange Hat 4/17/11 - special thanks to Dragonfly, Mr. Natural, Lady Vetch, and Trisha
IT1 - Hubertus WI, 5/7/11
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11
IT3 - Suamico WI, 6/18/11
IT4 - Racine WI 8/7/11     ***KD Rifleman*** special thanks to Colycat and JoeZ
Red Hat - Hubertus 8/13/11
Shoot Boss - Lodi WI 6/10/12  *thanks to all I have learned/stolen from on my journey* Special thanks to Dfly and Coly *
********************Better Americans today, better America tomorrow!********************

madbodhi

Indeed.Congratulations again on the spiffy new hat.Whole lotta dry firing in my future.I'll likely practice with a scoped .22 just to get solid on my positions and npoa,them move to my beloved NM M1a.I'll be taking advantage of the Riflemans Opportunity Card and trying to do an Appleseed at least every other month.The Hubertus one works well for me since it's a one day and not too far.

JoeZ

Check out the AAR just posted for this shoot and add comments there. Also see the WI board to congratulate our new red hat.
"What is she, that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the Moon, elect as the sun, terrible as the army of a camp set in array?" Canticle of Canticles 6:9