News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Medical Lake, WA July 30/30 2011

Started by Joni, August 01, 2011, 04:55:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joni

Wow, what can I say, another wonderful Appleseed Shoot! New Riflemen/many Riflemen scores reassuring Riflemen that yes, the skills learned still work!! There are several who are so close they can taste it and I look forward to working with them again, possibly  as soon as Castle Rock, WA on Aug 20/21.  Congratulations to all, more specific info will be forth coming from those who keep the records!

The weather was good, average temps of 90, a bit too much wind though! Glad to have some, but keeping up with the paper in the wind was just another challenge!!

Thank you Jack, your range is a wonderful place, loved it and am looking forward to many more shoots there!

Heather turned 16 on Sunday and took on the Red Hat, she looks awesome in it! She also took lots of pictures and I am sure she will get those up soon.

A special Thanks to Earl for coming over to this shoot! We all enjoyed having you there and look forward to seeing you more often! ?   :)

Congrates to Winkin not blinkin on taking the blue hat, it was a pleasure to work with you and I am confident that any shoots on this side of the mts. will be taken care of in style!

Joni

Earl

I was invited and I even drove five hours to show up, Lone Pine Range is a fine little operation, and our host, Jack, was great!

http://wmearl-justthelibrarykeeper.blogspot.com/2011/08/re-creation.html
My Blog post from the weekend, can't express how good it is to have people that share the joy of shooting and camping and improving Earl. Thank you for being there, now next time bring a friend or two.
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

Rizzin

https://picasaweb.google.com/113135752993733636241/AppleseedMedicalLakeJuly2011?authuser=0  --  Appleseed, Medical Lake July 2011 Picasa album

Fantastic weekend!

Took 3 teenagers with me and all of them are shooting in the high 180s to low 190s.

Told my 1st 1st Strike (and didn't botch it up too badly as my own worst critic)

LOTS of sunshine and a little bit of wind left me about as red as ES's new hat   ^:)^
Everybody seemed really excited and upbeat by the end of the weekend and it always fun to come home and see who has been making free with my camera and leaving me lots of little gifts, thanks this weekend was no different. The whole album should be accessible through the link at the top of the post.

Reformed Redneck

To all,

Thanks to those who have already posted to get this thread going.

This was a very good shoot at a very hospitable range. Jack is a great guy, and really endorses what we are doing in this program.

We had two new Riflemen, Eric and MacArthur. They are brothers, and only their younger brother has not made Rifleman. Not yet, but he is working on it. We had quite a number of repeat Riflemen. Those who were new (or newer) to Appleseed really came along in their quests for the patch. We saw some really dramatic improvement in a number of folks.

The weather was hot for this part of the world. Staying hydrated was almost a full time job. The camaraderie was great. And Earl is right, everyone should be looking to bring someone else next time.

Looking forward to seeing you all on the Trail.

Reformed Redneck
I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the chains.

"...Of Zebulon, such as went forth to battle, expert in war, with all instruments of war...which could keep rank: they were not of double heart..."

Joni

Here are the pictures Theophilus got with our camera.

Joni

and more!

Evenstar

Wow....

What a weekend! I've got to say, there is no better way to spend your birthday than at an Appleseed with the best kind of people there are. My Appleseed family (both instructors and attendees) made this weekend one of the best events I've been to.

First I want to thank Jack for the use of his Lone Pine Range. Jack, I just love doing Appleseed there at Medical Lake. Beautiful location, great facilities, wonderful people. Thank you!

Thank you to all the attendees who came out to brave the heat and made the weekend a success. I'm looking forward to seeing you all back at an Appleseed. Bring along a friend!

Mr. Peterson, it was great to see you out on the line again. O0

MacArthur, Erik, congratulations on those Rifleman patches! ^:)^ Now that the pressure is off, work on beating your own record!

Alex, you're almost there with those 190's! You'll get it. I know what it's like to be the only non-rifleman in the family!

Mrs. Peterson, thank you so much for everything. I thoroughly enjoy spending time with you on the line. Congrats on re-qualifying! Thank you for making a point of being there for this special weekend, and thanks for bringing the cake! Looking forward to working with you again soon! :D ^:)^

Rana.... you showed me what real persistence is. You went from being afraid of guns in general to having a blast with that 10/22. Going from AQT scores on Saturday of 120's to shooting a 194 on Sunday just goes to show your persistence and willingness to listen, learn, and put into practice what that Evenstar person was telling you. ;) Thank you so much for putting up with me. You were fantastic; you'll have that patch in no time. I hope to see you on the line again soon. O0 This quote from you is one I'll never forget: "I really used to hate guns.... but I LOVE that there rifle!!!!" ;)

Kiddos: Lauryn, Megan, Sam, Isaac, Hayden, Trevor, you little ones are future Rifleman. I just love seeing your progress! :cool2:

Instructors....

What can I say? Thank you all so much for making it to Medical Lake. Having each of you there meant a lot. You all have helped me along my Appleseed Trail in one way or another. ALL of you. Thank you.

RL, congrats on that purple patch! 8)

Heather, happy birthday to you too. ;) Thanks for bringing more cake!

Scott, thanks so much for letting me borrow the camera; I thoroughly enjoy practicing with it! Thank you for letting me shoot not one, but TWO AQT's with your M1A. THAT was fun, even if I nearly got knocked backwards by the recoil in standing. ;)

Earl.... thank you. Thank you for making the 5+ hour drive over from the 'wet side'. This shoot took me back to the 'old days' of Appleseed in CdA where the lines were so full that people were playing footsies in prone, when the line was mostly centerfire, when you persisted in working on me to get on that line, shoot a Rifleman score, and take on the orange hat. You did it, Earl. I cannot thank you enough for convincing me to get involved in Appleseed. I have never looked back. Even though you may be too modest to admit it, you have taught me most of what I know of being an instructor. And it meant everything to me for you to give me that red hat. Thank you. I'll see you on the Trail. (Oh, and Riflemen DO cry. Sometimes.)

To those instructors who couldn't be there but have helped me in many ways along the Trail and in bettering myself as a person (and you know who you are), THANK YOU. You may have been missing this weekend, but you were right there in spirit.

Wonderful shoot.

I am blessed.

(Pictures soon.)
'Pictures... or it didn't happen!' &)

"What we do in life echoes in eternity.

"All we must decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

"She is worth the wait. When she lifts her head - she smiles!" - Earl

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11
Medical Lake, WA - July 31, 2011

Roland

Great shoot, sorry I could only be there Sunday.

Erik, Mac, congratulations on your patches, and it's great to know your hard work paid off.

Alex, four down, one to go... Dry fire every night!

Congratulations to all the re-qualifiers, including instructors.

I'm sure there are more people, but I'm bad with names...

Instructors, my nakama, it's always a pleasure and an honor. Evenstar (pronounced EvUHNstar, needless to say ;) ), congratulations again.

+1 one on the thanks to Earl. He inspired me as well, and I hope to work with him again.

Signing off for now,

Roland/Dirk
The doorway to freedom is framed by the muskets that stood between a vision of of liberty and absolute anarchy at a place called Concord Bridge--Charlton Heston, 1997

"Be a man of principle. Fight for what you believe in. Keep your word. Live with integrity. Be brave. Believe in something bigger than yourself. Serve your country. Teach. Mentor. Give something back to society. Lead from the front. Conquer your fears. Be a good friend. Be humble and be self-confident. Appreciate your friends and family. Be a leader and not a follower. Be valorous on the field of battle. And take responsibility for your actions. Never forget those that were killed. And never let rest those that killed them." -- Major Douglas Zembiec

Western Rose

Pictures!!!

;)

Here's the link to a full album: https://picasaweb.google.com/116159849346002620591/MedicalLakeWAJuly30312011?authuser=0&feat=directlink

Here are a few (::)) of the pictures...

This was a history making event for sure!

Jack (left) is the owner of the Lone Pine Range. Scott (right) talked to Jack about having an Appleseed there. Thank you to you both!

Megan spent most of her time watching, but once in a while she would shoot for a bit.

Great friends!!!

06en demoing as Evenstar explains

Kristan, it was wonderful to work with you!

Lauryn pays close attention

Trevor and Rana listening carefully

Wren learning

Part of the line on Sunday

Alex studying

Hayden

Isaac

Sam

On the line:
Scott, an instructor

Gina

Trevor and Wren

Evenstar shooting Scott's M1A!

ModeMama (Scott's wife) shooting the M1A!

RL concentrating

Gina won the star target challenge!

And earned a "Shoot Like A Girl... If You Can!" hat!

Sam wanted to shoot for a little while

Evenstar earned her Red Hat!

Winkin not Blinkin is going to be a Blue Hat too!!!

The two Heathers (also the two birthday girls!!!)

Clean up time

And just for laughs, Scott decided to make sure the recoil wasn't to much for me! ;D Thank you for the chance to shoot your M1A, Scott!!!
Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

Western Rose

Last batch of pictures to be posted...

The "junior" Instructors of the weekend

The Medical Lake Instructor Crew

Three Northwest State Coordinators discussing next years plans

Theophilus and Joni, it was wonderful to see you two again. Thank you for driving all the way over.

OnlyHitsCount, thanks for spending some time talking!

Rizzin, thanks for the use of your camera and for letting me shoot your AR!

06en and Winkin not blinkin, it is always a pleasure to work with you two.

Earl it was fantastic to see you out on the trail!!!

EERT, always great to work with you!

Shoot Boss, good shoot!

ModeMama, thank you for all your help!

RL, congrats on the purple patch. You earned it.

Roland, you might need to brush up on your pronunciation. ;)
Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

Evenstar

Thanks for all the pictures everyone! (Do I dare add my own to the mix? ;D)

Here's the link to my full album: http://s1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd511/Evenstar95/Medical%20Lake%20WA%20Appleseed%202011%20July%2030%20and%2031/?start=all

I'll post up some here too.

Parking lot crew

Western Rose and Isaac

Lauryn and her pink rifle

Gina

Earl was here!

Kristen

06en teaching IMC

RL preping mags

Alex and his dad during 'carding the sights' drill

More carding the sights

Ball and dummy drill

Husband and wife team

Posting targets

Rana!

Smile!

MacArthur and Erik

Hayden scored rifleman as our designated marksman, so we rewarded him with and oval patch, and challenged him to take it a step further and score following the COF.

Da girls!

And little Sam!

The Blue hats made this weekend so smooth! Thank you!

Megan got to shoot a little

Congrats Erik and MacArthur!

Earl told some AMAZING DOMs.

What's WR up to...?

Congrats on the purple patch RL!

Pat

Gina learning how to score targets

Hayden dared to shoot the pink rifle

Earl coaching

Dirk

Scott re-qualified with his M1A

WR and Earl

Earl and Evenstar (Thanks Earl!)

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11

Evenstar

A few artsy shots and I'll get outta everyone's hair. ;) There are a lot more great pictures on the photobucket links.

Muskets and powder horn

The flag

Lots of .22 ammo

Front sight, squeeze!

Part of the line

Ammo and mags in a McDonald's coffee cup

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11

Evenstar

Here's a video of Earl telling Dangerous Old Man Hezekiah Wyman: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KStm699muc

Video of Western Rose shooting Scott's M1A (the other Heather got this video): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDB6kYIBQR8

Video of me shooting Scott's M1A: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDzFB25LVdI&feature=related
(We were having trouble with a bad magazine, so yes, the 8 round mag went in first.)

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11

Roland

That's a lot of pictures, even by our standards!
The doorway to freedom is framed by the muskets that stood between a vision of of liberty and absolute anarchy at a place called Concord Bridge--Charlton Heston, 1997

"Be a man of principle. Fight for what you believe in. Keep your word. Live with integrity. Be brave. Believe in something bigger than yourself. Serve your country. Teach. Mentor. Give something back to society. Lead from the front. Conquer your fears. Be a good friend. Be humble and be self-confident. Appreciate your friends and family. Be a leader and not a follower. Be valorous on the field of battle. And take responsibility for your actions. Never forget those that were killed. And never let rest those that killed them." -- Major Douglas Zembiec

OnlyHitsCount

This was such a fun weekend!  So many old friends, great new people, and WOW, look at all the kids!!   ^:)^  It is such a joy watching these kids learning rifleman skills and enjoying the history.

Hayden really enjoyed the shooting.  Isaac enjoyed playing with the other kids and playing catch after hours (thanks RL!).  Both boys love to camp!  Our thanks go out to Jack for being such a wonderful camp host.   :)

Congrats to Evenstar for donning that Red Hat!  We all know you have earned it!   O0

@ Gina - Woman, you rock!!  Four rifleman scores in one morning?   :o  Love the new 'shoot like a girl' hat.  You certainly deserve it.

And Rana, I can't wait to see you on the line again!  Maybe in Yakima?  Shoots near you lined up for Oct, Nov, and Dec.  Fantastic progress continued all weekend.  Great Job!   O0

I enjoyed working with all the instructors, and even meeting a few for the first time.  Hope to see you all on the trail real soon!   :~
That I may proclaim with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all Your wondrous works.  Psalm 26:7

The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand

Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.  - John the Baptist

God doesn't believe in atheists.  (Romans 1:20)

Earl

That is a lot of pictures, I didn't even post all I had.

If you can't find a picture of yourself having a great time, you do need to come to another Appleseed with the photographers from this one - they make you smile and then catch it on film. No better way to bail and save a sinking ship... Appleseed!
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

Scott

Thanks for the videos on your Blog Earl.  They turned out great!

Scott