News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

OTTAWA ILLINOIS AAR. Split weekend shoot / Day Two 23 July

Started by Pappy, July 26, 2011, 04:05:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pappy

Hello Group; Ottawa Illinois Appleseed event have a long history of interesting weather, this past one was no exception.
We had a strong Instructor base that made all work go much smoother.
During the course of the day plenty of time for staff skill level PC`S that were due. Watch your PM`s for the reports or advancements.
Congratulations to Big Mike Illinois newest Rifleman and Orange hat. Mike told us that this was his 4th Appleseed event, he shot a 222. Watch for off site photos.
The most consistant and persistant of the shooters was Amber, though eluded by a Riflemans score if you are a gambler on sure things bet on Amber making a Expert score next time she gets the chance. My money is on her. O0 O0
Many Thanks to the members of Team Illinois who made the choice to attend the Shooting Ottawa event this weekend in the HEAT. Passing on the camaraderie glue that makes us want to do this sort of mission when we can.
Team Illinois Staff and family who attended, Garand 69, Charlie 06, M1, M2, Gumballhead, Ewald, DougJeep, Brown Bess Ed, Tornado, Amber waves, Boomer_EOD, Mrs Pappy.
All together we had a nice line of up to twelve shooters at times. This is one strong reason to do this right? Shooters and shooting better are the backbone of this programs growth.
Thank You to our host Buffalo Rock Shooting Park & range outside of Ottawa Illinois. The Staff have been more than professional, many of whom have attended our course and can attest to the needs of many shooters they encounter.
Thank you for looking, Pappy
Which has greater value?...... Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo..

Missouri Brigade

Congrats to Big Mike on the score and orange hat.  We always need new instructors.

I agree family and camaraderie are very important to what we do in this program.

EEL

Wow!  Sounds like you had a fantastic group of shooters and a gung ho group of instructors.  Makes for a great combination.  Nicely done guys !!   O0

EEL
Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

Gumballhead

Agreed!  it was HOT out there, but all persevered! 

Congrats Big Mike, well earned patch & hat.  Looking forward to having you on the line.

Amber, you're there.  I sincerely believe, without the oppressive heat, you would have made the grade.  just think how much nicer it will be once you crak that 210, and earn that patch.

See you all soon (Hopefully @ Waterman in August)

Ewald

Yes it was good to see Mike get that Rifleman score. Rummor has it there is an Orange Hat in his future.

Ottawa/Buffalo Rock is kind of an old home shoot for me. Great to see Boomer home on leave. It was also good to see the Garand clan with yuts. It was fun working with John during his first Appleseed.

For the heat we had, and the shooters we had, we had perfect number of instructors. I know sauna-seeds are common in other parts of the nation, but us Illinoisians just aren't acclimated to upper nineties with humidity to match.

Buffalo Rock doesn't allow pictures, but where there is a Will there is a Willma. We found an interesting backdrop when we stopped for dinner. We couldn't help but wonder if anyone was looking out a window nearby.

BigMike

"In his future" in this case, translates to "After Ewald left the parking lot...."   8)

Wurstmacher

Congratulations, Mike.  Both for the Rifleman's Patch and the Orange Hat.  Look forward to working with you. 

BrownBessEd

Mike, glad you took an orange hat.  Welcome aboard!

Tornado

Congratulations Big Mike!  Look forward to working with you.

We really enjoyed Ottawa (other than the heat/humidity) and the great group of shooters and instructors. I learned something new from each of you. Ottawa feels like home for us since it was our first shoot last Aug. And it's been fun to get back to our AS roots.

Amber, you're soooooo close. Keep practicing. I'm certain you'll do it next Appleseed.  :---  :---

-Tornado
"Great things have been affected by a few Men well Conducted."

George Rogers Clark

Gumballhead

Ottawa is like home to many IL instructors.  I began my trail there as well, and it was one of the first IL ranges around!

Great job working the line, and hope you can make it next weekend.

Be sure to say hello to the queen for us when you are on your recon mission to the UK  **)

Garand69

Another GREAT OTTAWA Shoot  ^:)^

Congrats Big Mike, and welcome to Team Illinois!!

The firing line in this heat was perfect! While we would always prefer a sold out shoot, a 1/2 capacity shoot isn't all bad when it was as hot as it was! But despite the heat, we were very lucky, severe weather was just to the north of us all day, and I'll take the non-stop sun heat combo over thunder and lightning any day!

About 1/2 the shooters were Rifleman improving their skills, so that taken into account, plus the non-Rifleman at Day 1 of this Split Weekend Appleseed and the 2 Rifleman it created, gives us a great Rifleman Percentage of 33.3333333% ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

Great work Team Illinois O0

Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz