News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR July 23-24 Eaton Employee's Gun Club, Hutchinson Kansas

Started by The ][rishman, July 25, 2011, 04:08:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The ][rishman

We had a great turn out.  We had two new rifleman and several who were very close.

The air temp was 104 and we welcomed any slight breeze we received. 

Once again the Kansas Instructors did a great job of not only instructing but also making sure the shooters were well taken care of. 

Keith shot the first Rifleman score of the weekend on Sunday.  A perfect 210!  You know what that means.  See Pics below.

Keith asked if I would mention that it was 104 Deg and he used open sights.  This is a jab at his friend Dave, who shot a 201 and had a scope.  (We all knew, and I explained, that a scope does not always make the AQT easier.)

Dave will not be discouraged by this in fact I think this will only steel his resolve.

Annie, Jolly and Bowmaker did a fine job calling the line and as RSOs.

Kelly shot his rifleman score on the last AQT of the weekend.  Great job Kelly.   And thank you for working to make it possible for Appleseed to use the Eaton Employee's Gun Club for the weekend.
I look forward to working with you and the club to bring more new shooters to marksmanship and Awakened Americans to our culture.

Please post your experience and pictures here.

Sincerely,

The ][rishman
III
"Thou shalt never be a perpetrator.
Thou shalt never be a victim.
And thou shalt never, but never, be a bystander." Yehuda Bauer

An Phoblacht abú
KD0OHT

The ][rishman

more pics
III

An Phoblacht abú
KD0OHT

The ][rishman

more pics
III

An Phoblacht abú
KD0OHT

The ][rishman

Last of my Pics.
III

An Phoblacht abú
KD0OHT

4bfox

HEY...WAIT A MINUTE....Keith appeared to be ENJOYING his "dousing" WAY too much!

Congrats to both new Riflemen...way to go ][rish and crew!

"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money" G. Gordon Liddy

Eureka, KS RBC 05-11
Eureka, KS RBC 07-10

The ][rishman

I got the official temp was 107!

][
III

An Phoblacht abú
KD0OHT

ksuguy

Wish I could have made it.  Unfortunately I got stuck being the backup on-call guy at work this weekend and couldn't get away from the computer.   On the positive side,  one of the guys I work with might be coming out to Eureka in August.  Been working on getting him out there for 6 months now.   

khamill2000

Quote from: 4bfox on July 25, 2011, 04:45:37 PM
HEY...WAIT A MINUTE....Keith appeared to be ENJOYING his "dousing" WAY too much!

Yes I did.

Already have Dave signed up for the Eureka shoot and at least 1 more guy (possibly his daughters also).  I am planning on attending as a spectator to "help" them pass. ~~:)

4bfox

Spectator?! There may be a hat attached to that job....
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money" G. Gordon Liddy

Eureka, KS RBC 05-11
Eureka, KS RBC 07-10

Mauser

Hello All,

This being my first post I would like to thank everybody who has brought this program to fruition.  I had the time of my life! Who would have thought that shooting a .22LR would be that much fun!!  Nevertheless, I did not go home with a Riflemans patch...so that is my goal for next time.  I have as Keath,(AKA Keith) mentioned I have already signed in for the Eureka shoot and will be practicing the skills that I picked up this past weekend.   Bring on those Redcoats!!! :---

Keith - I still hold to my resolve that by me licking your bullets it passed my mojo onto your rifle.... :wb:

Thanks to all
Dave Watson

4bfox

QuoteBring on those Redcoats!!!    :---

Now THAT'S what I like to see....ENTHUSIASM!

Eureka, KS RBC 05-11
Eureka, KS RBC 07-10

AnnieOakley

Dave - glad to hear you had a great time!

It doesn't look like I can post a video of the baptism, so if anyone would like a copy, send me your email address in a PM. 

khamill2000

Quote from: AnnieOakley on July 26, 2011, 09:38:00 PM
Dave - glad to hear you had a great time!

It doesn't look like I can post a video of the baptism, so if anyone would like a copy, send me your email address in a PM.

PM sent

4bfox

Eureka, KS RBC 05-11
Eureka, KS RBC 07-10

gpbbiker

Cup Holders!?? You guys had coolers with cup holders? Man.... Now I have cooler envy :'(
Great video by the way!! It's not often you see shooters actually TRYING to hit 210!
"Never pick a fight with an old man, if he's too old to fight, he'll simply kill you."
Loosely attributed to both Ernest Hemmingway and John Steinbeck
"Life is nothing more than the pursuit of stories worth telling to children" - Me