News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: New Philadelphia, OH - July 23rd, 24th

Started by RedNekEngr, July 24, 2011, 10:46:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedNekEngr

Just a short post to get things started.  Awesome shoot though. Way too exhausted to elaborate until tomorrow.  Let it rip guys and gals.
RNE
"If we did all the things that we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves." - Thomas Edison
"No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is as formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women."- Ronald Reagan

ak47sharpshooter

Well, after 3 shoots, I FINALLY made rifleman, at a 216, and what a feeling it is! Great event. Great range. Great people. I'd like to thank all of the instructors for all the invaluable help, and attention given. Can't wait to come back! I'm even interested in becoming one of those orange hats myself sometime :)

Thanks again guys!

AK47Sharpshooter (or now Rifleman  8) )
Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
John F. Kennedy

Bull13

Sounds like you got the bug! Welcome! Please do pick up an orange hat. You wont regret it.
Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!
Patrick Henry March 23,1775

ak47sharpshooter

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
John F. Kennedy

Ratchett

ak47ss,  CONGRATULATIONS!!!  O0 O0

if I am assuming correctly, this is Adam?? I will send you a PM with all the necessary information and then you can get started on the ITT trail  ^:)^ ^:)^
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

ak47sharpshooter

John F. Kennedy

KAH

Congrats to both Adam and Matt N. on earning the Rifleman patch!

It was a great weekend to see SO MUCH PROGRESS being made by ALL the shooters! 

Alyson, Madison, and Liam - great job taking in all the instruction.  It was a HOT weekend, but you all did a wonderful job of listening and applying what you learned.  I was amazed that you knew ALL the answers when you had a "pop-quiz" question thrown at you.  You are all on your way to the Rifleman (Rifleperson  ;)) patch like your dad. 

Matt - you are the true definition of persistence.  I've worked with you at a couple of AS events, and you've demonstrated consistent improvement.  It was great to see a couple of "a-ha" moments this weekend when the lightbulb clicked on and you made another step along the progress journey.  It was truly rewarding to have you shoot the final redcoat on Sunday afternoon, and have such success.  Congrats to you.  I look forward to seeing you again.  Don't forget to pick up the Rifleman Opportunity Card!

I only got a couple of pics from my cell phone.  Here they are.  Ishy - it's all up to you to post the rest of the photos!

take care everyone and see you along the AS Trail,
kah
"We are in reality common Americans teaching our fellow common Americans to shoot uncommonly well. In addition we teach them their heritage." TaosGlock quoting SamD

Dougum

Hey AK,

Ever thought about getting a blue hat as well? ;D You can do both if you want to. Pm me and we'll see about it,

Doug :---
Love your country, but never trust its government.

-- Robert A. Heinlein

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"

-- George Washington

You say drake I say Brantley gilbert

You say T-Pain I say Jason Aldean

You say Kanye I say randy houser

You say Pink I say Kenny Chesney

You say Pop I scream COUNTRY

You say Justin Bieber I rip your head off

RedNekEngr

Oh just when you want to feel sorry for yourself and gripe about driving 2 1/2 hours for an Appleseed away from your home and much of your family, you arrive at New Philly.  ^:)^  This special place never disappoints.  Always great people, great support, great facilities, and great memories.  This weekend just reinforced why I enjoy Appleseed.

We had some of the best mannered and attentive youth you could imagine.  You guys have a blessed family.

After just a few squares, it was very apparent we had some serious shooters in our midst.  Everyone was shooting very well.

Two riflemen were hammered out on the AQT anvil with another special young lady virtually there with a high of 206.  Oh so close.  Her sister (a very polite and special lady too) consistently improved after every AQT until she peaked in the 190's.  Great job you two.  Little brother proved to be a worthy sniper  also.

Congrats to our two new riflemen Matt and Adam and to Adam on accepting the Orange Hat. 

The other Matt, don't give up.  After dealing with annoying equipment issues up until the end, you really started pulling things together at the end.  I can't wait to see what happens when you can shoot a reliable rifle set up correctly for you for a whole weekend.  I'm sure you will be spot on.

I hope we can get  a ladyseed arranged for you ladies, your mother, and your friends to attend in the near future.  If not, please come to  a regular seed.  You are too close not to finish  the race.

As always, my fellow instructors were top notch and made shootbossing a piece of cake and they made sure to keep me out of trouble. 

Until the next time.
RNE
"If we did all the things that we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves." - Thomas Edison
"No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is as formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women."- Ronald Reagan

RPD

New Philly . . . wonderful range, wonderful support and wonderful shooters.  What more could one ask for?
Oh yeah, we could ask for wonderful weather and given what was forecast, we had that too.  Little hot for a couple hours each day, but a shower on Saturday cooled things down and nice breezes helped on Sunday.
  The shooters amazed us with their tight groups and great attitudes. . . right from the beginning.
  Matt N. brought his two daughters the first day and his son tagged along on Sunday.  Matt and his wife have done a great job with these wonderful children and it showed in their gratitude and attitude.  Allyson and Madison, next time out you'll both likely get the Rifleman's patch.  206 at your first Appleseed is quite an accomplishment, Allyson.  Madison kept inching up on her older sister throughout the weekend, and her groups kept getting tighter and tighter.
  Matt N. brought a great set of shooting skills to the shoot and even at that, took suggestions and improved his skill set.  He was our first rifleman of the weekend at his first Appleseed.  It was a pleasure to get to know you and your children.  I look forward to you bringing Mrs. N. to the next shoot. 
  Liam, you are a wonderful shooter.  Being our "designated sniper" showed just how good a shooter you are. 
  Adam (AK47RIFLEMAN!!!), You'll be a wonderful Orange Hat.  Your persistence in trying to locate that one AQT (hmmmm, wonder where that was?  ;) ) shows that you have what it takes to persist in saving our country. improved. 
  Matt, Adam's friend, your persistence also was very commendable.  I know how hot and tired you were at the end of the day Sunday, but you still shot the final redcoat and did GREAT!!!  Keep persisting and the patch will be yours soon.
  RNE, KAH, Dangerous D, Ishy, Lyberty and Matt (yes we had 3 there) as ALWAYS a pleasure working with you all.  Your professionalism and desire to see others improve in all aspects of their lives comes through so clearly. 

I wish I could transport the people and facilities from NP to Athens.  What a wonderful place!

God bless,
RPD
*The true danger is when liberty is nibbled away, for expedients, and by parts.
*The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.
*Whenever separation is made between liberty and justice, neither, in my opinion, is safe.
-Sir Edmund Burke

Ishy

Sorry it's taken me so long...been crazy busy with college preparations.   :D  I promise I will have pictures up soon.  For now just visit my facebook lol.

I think it's pretty well established that Tusco Rifle Club is the most awesome range EVER.   ^:)^  I always look forward to shoots there.  And the people are fabulous as well.  LOVE New Philadelphia!   @)

The shooters were GREAT.  Great attitudes, great personalities, and marvelous skills!!!   ^-^  Such a privilege working the line with you all!

Congratulations to our riflemen!!!!!  ..:..  Matt, what an accomplishment to get rifleman on your first Appleseed!!!  Adam, hope to see you on the trail sometime as an instructor!   ;)

Pictures to come...............  O0
"If My people, who are called by My name, will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."  ~2 Chronicles 7:14

"The proof of desire is pursuit."  ~Kirk DeVinney

kmnear

Hello all,
We just wanted to say thanks for all the excellent instruction and help.  We had a  great time and learned very much from you guys!  All of our shooting has significantly improved!  Thanks to the team of instructors for being patient and very helpful and willing to loan us what we lacked.  You guys rocked!  Thanks!!  the Monday after Madison got her first woodchuck at 189 yards right thru the neck with one shot!  We were pretty excited.  I watched her go thru all the steps and squeeze.  It was a great three days!  Thanks!!  Matt N

Cooper

Congratulations, Madison!!!

reminds me of coming home after my second Appleseed and shooting a crow out of my apple trees at 40 yds and saying, "YES !!! This really works !!"

Keep up the good work!

Cooper
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

KAH

Matt:

What an awesome report! Thanks for sharing, and especially for including the photos of Madison.  It looks like she took everything she learned from the Appleseed weekend, along with her USGI sling, t-shirt, and hat she won, combined it with her previous shooting experience and got a HIT at nearly 200 yards.

Congratulations Madison!! 

Keep us posted, as I'm sure that Alyson and Liam are not far behind their sister.

take care,
kah
"We are in reality common Americans teaching our fellow common Americans to shoot uncommonly well. In addition we teach them their heritage." TaosGlock quoting SamD

Ishy

PICTURES AT LAST!!!   ;)  The remaining 177 pictures can be found here: http://s810.photobucket.com/albums/zz27/saranbean/New%20Philadelphia%20Appleseed%20July%202011/.  I don't know why Photobucket jumbled all the pix out of order; sorry about that.   :(  Anyway, here are a few good ones to share.   ;)

Our fabulous group of shooters:

Our first rifleman...HUZZAH!

Some awesome groups happening:

Our designated sniper ;):

Shoot like a girl if you can!  Way to go, Madison.

Our supermodel Alyson:

Our second rifleman (and newest IIT--HUZZAH):

Our junior patriots:

The instructor crew!

Don't forget to visit the link to see more pictures from the great shoot and the KD awesomeness!!!   ..:..  Oh and if anyone wants any full-size JPEGs I can email them to you; just PM me your email address.  The pix on Photobucket are compressed.
"If My people, who are called by My name, will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."  ~2 Chronicles 7:14

"The proof of desire is pursuit."  ~Kirk DeVinney