News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Flash Report Lexington, IN 19/20 Apr 08

Started by Nickle, April 19, 2008, 11:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nickle

Just got a call from dond a few minutes ago.

11 Shooters at Lexington, IN.
They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about, having been employed as Rangers against the Indians and Canadians and this country being much covered with wood, and hilly, is very advantageous for their method of fighting. . . . ".  Lord Percy

Sounds like New Englanders to me.

thughes

I'm at work so this'll be short...

Dond, George & MANSKER did a great job instructing & inspiring. Thanks, guys!

We had great weather apart from it being a little chilly both mornings, and a spot of rain on Saturday.

Good turnout Saturday with a few less on Sunday, but thanks to D, G & M there are two new Riflemen in the US! Unfortunately, I'm not one of them (yet)  :(

This was my second Appleseed, and I had a great time, got to hang out with great folks, and realized once again the importance of practice. I WILL make Rifleman next time. On the plus side, I did shoot my final Redcoat only missing the headshot. If only I did that on the AQT...

Over & out.

"I call it 'Vera'." - Jayne Cobb, 'The Hero of Canton', on his favorite rifle

dond

There were 11 shooters on the line at Lexington, IN on Saturday. All of them were great people and a pleasure to work with. We managed to get in one QDAQT on Saturday, finishing up just in time for the shots heard all across the USA at 1700. Unfortunately no Riflemen were made that day. Sunday we were down to 7 shooters and got in 5 QDAQTs, producing two proud Riflemen, Keith Johnson and Justin Rogers. Some others were close and should make it in the future.
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken

George

I have to echo dond's comments, the folks attending the Lexington, IN Appleseed  were a pleasure to work with.

The weather didn't look to promising on Saturday morning but the rain held off until after we quit on Saturday afternoon. :)  All the instructors were amazed at how well our shooters did from the very first one inch square.  Sunday started out grey but once again the rain held off and we managed to come up with two Riflemen out our little Sunday group.  Several others were close and I'm sure with a little practice they will make Rifleman at their next Appleseed.

Getting to tell the stories of the first two strikes of the match on this particular weekend was a real honor for me and a very emotional one.

I'm still tired and my throat is a little sore but it was worth it.  Thanks to all the folks who came to the Lexington , IN AS Shoot. 
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." - Thomas Jefferson

The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control.

The essance of an adventure is not knowing how its going to turn out.

dond

Something should be added to my previous report. MANSKER appeared dressed in period Colonial style, complete with musket, which added a bit of realism. He even let anyone shoot the musket who wanted to.  A young boy shooter was especially thrilled to do so. This was MANSKER's first time to work at an AS. He gave the safety briefing, clearing rifles, and line command discussions, and I've never heard them given better. For the history, he gave an excellent Preamble and Introduction to April 19th 1775. And George did a terrific job of keeping the line moving on Sunday, as well as an excellent discussion of Lexington and Concord.

The range had been previously used as a Cowboy Action range, and the property owner took a great interest in the event. He was particularly helpful during both days and said we could return any time we wanted. He even let several people shoot some of his cowboy guns afterward.
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken

funfaler

Congratulations to the two new Riflemen, only one 'Step' left to be a Rifleman in the eyes of those from April 19, 1775!  That being the Seventh Step for you two, hope to see you around soon.

Good job thuges, improvement is fun to watch, and having the Redcoats witness that for you is priceless.  It will be good to hear of the results of your persisting and improving.

Sorry to have missed you all, duty had me in Piru, while not a bad duty at all, just not "Home". 

I would love to take Appleseed back to that range and see it blossom, we need the help of the Boots on the Ground there! 

Any Takers?

The dips in your couch will go away if you get up and take the Seventh Step!

Krait

Hi-
New rifleman here- Justin Rogers.  I took a few pics and thought you all might enjoy them.  I had a great time, it was my second time around and I got to stay both days this time.  I look forward to the next and seeing if I can't score a bit better.

NO ME SAQUES SIN RAZON, NO ME EMBAINES SIN HONOR. Do not draw me without reason, do not sheath me without honor

Junior Birdman

"But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever." John Adams

Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them. Fredrick Douglass

Fred

I'll "ditto" that, JB!

Thanks for the nice pics.

Glad this was another productive Appleseed.

Like ff, I'd like to see turnout soar at the next one. How 'bout it?

PS: Who are those handsome guys in those shooting jackets?  ;D
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

slim

I'd sure like to put some "boots on the ground" there later this summer if another AS can get organized for this spot.

Seems like there are plenty of shooters in the Southern Indiana area and there are a few gaps in late summer.

I'll be watching for a schedule update!