News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Wooster OH July15-16

Started by posterboy, July 18, 2011, 08:34:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

posterboy

Another incredible Ohio appleseed in the books!......more to come but feel free to jump in now !

pb

Dougum

What a great weekend indeed. I hit a 195!!!! more dryfire practice is in my future. We had several other shooters doing very well. Aaron keep up the good work. You were very close to hitting this weekend. I think the heat slowed us all down though. Thanks to the whole crew that turned out and I will see you all soon.

Doug :---
Love your country, but never trust its government.

-- Robert A. Heinlein

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"

-- George Washington

You say drake I say Brantley gilbert

You say T-Pain I say Jason Aldean

You say Kanye I say randy houser

You say Pink I say Kenny Chesney

You say Pop I scream COUNTRY

You say Justin Bieber I rip your head off

MrHappy

'Twas hot indeed! We thought Saturday was hot but that was before Sunday  dawned. Buddy, buddy, buddy. It was a great weekend just the same with teachable pilgrims and a seasoned staff of instructors. I very much appreciated the full compliment of instructors, my previous 3 AS events were run with  the bare minimum of staff. We have it very good  indeed  here in Ohio. Soooo many shooters were soooo close to becoming Rifleman and had the weekend been 15° cooler you all would have won your patches.
An Huzzah3 to Broken Lock for their hospitality and thanks for the new hat!!  O0
Give me Liberty or give me Death
Slaves don't dream of being free. Slaves dream of being Masters ~ August Stetten

tink

Wow! 

1st Appleseed for both my daughter (Laura) and I.... outstanding experience!
- exceeded our expectations  :)

Hats off to Posterboy and a very able Team!
- impressive effort to make sure everyone felt welcome
  and lots of help to makesure everyone could improve!

- Thank you BrokenLock for your hospitality... excellent venue!

A few equipment upgrades and we'll be back!
(maybe with a portable a/c system though... man it was HOT Sunday... whewwww)

Thanks!
- Rick & Laura

posterboy

Ah yes another perfect weekend! Marksmanship and Heritage always make for a great weekend.

Have to say straight off the top we had an excellent group of shooters! all were attentive and took to the instruction well. Before the day had started I had thought the heat would cut our POI short. NOPE. We plowed straight on though and go everything accomplished including a couple of AQT's Huzzah  :~

Brokenlock is Great location...however it does have two interesting elements..a train track that runs behind the berm and a mandatory no shoot before noon on Sunday. We were there last november and this didn't pose any issue and again..it wasn't a problem at all. We told more History, had an excellent morning review a , review of IMC and a Distance lesson to remind everyone that they indeed were learning 500 yrd skills. The highlight for me was Mr. Happy's rendition of Mr. Wyman immediately followed by a live fire demonstration of his period Jaeger rifle and the Pledge of Allegiance after that noon boom from the Jaeger. What followed was 5 hours of pretty intense shooting by the group. It was HOT we had to pace ourselves but Doug reconfirmed his skills again and again and certainly proved that the patch he earned in New Philly was no fluke. Alas though the heat I know prevented many who were SOOOOO close. Aaron discovered that sight radius is king but the heat had taken it's toll by the time he switched.Same with Rick. Groups improved dramatically with a rifle switch.Tiffany who was shooting awesome on staurday had a scope faillure and Jay sr brought Jay jr, but the heat was a bit much for Jay jr and he had to stop... I know I'll see them again on the trail soon. Dougum too was very close but after a long day of HELPING and SHOOTING the heat beat him up too.

Have to tip my hat to the great team ...you guys all rock and make the program what it is..

see all of you soon

Huzzah

pb

Dangerous D

Thanks for summing it all up PB!  I agree a great group of shooters, hosts, and fellow volunteers.  I was so I
pressed with everybodys determination and dedication to learning both marksmanship and history.  I look forward to seeing you ALL at future events...with friends and family members you bring:). Special thanks to Broken Lock- Kevin, and Bob as well as the members who came to cook over the hot grill!  Additionally, I especially enjoyed seeing the many parent-child groups on the line. What a great way to spend time together, bettering your selves
and the future. Thanks

Dougum

-- Robert A. Heinlein

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"

-- George Washington

posterboy

Leave it to the photographer to leave his sd card at home before the shoot  :wb:   ++)

pb

Ratchett

You won' t let that happen again---right &) &)

Hehehe...guess the pictures or it did not happen isn' t true ;D

Quote from: posterboy on July 20, 2011, 10:20:49 PM
Leave it to the photographer to leave his sd card at home before the shoot  :wb:   ++)

pb
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

KAH

I was able to get a few photos.  I'll try to get them posted soon.

"We are in reality common Americans teaching our fellow common Americans to shoot uncommonly well. In addition we teach them their heritage." TaosGlock quoting SamD

KAH

Here are a few....
"We are in reality common Americans teaching our fellow common Americans to shoot uncommonly well. In addition we teach them their heritage." TaosGlock quoting SamD

KAH

and a few more....

KAH

but wait - there's more!!

KAH

Mr. Happy doing his version of DOM Wyman.... and yes, he did HIT the 300 yd target! :bow:

and Posterboy starring as DOM Sam Wittemore...or was it the heat that got to him? -- you decide  :D

Dougum

-- Robert A. Heinlein

-- George Washington

Ratchett

KAH to the rescue again **) **)

Great job everyone!!
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley