News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Evansville, IN. July 16-17 2011

Started by Mudcat, July 17, 2011, 09:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudcat

WOW what a scorcher! But still yet we had a bunch of fellow Americans come out to learn what they were about. We had a great bunch of shooters who followed the instruction so well and kept persisting even in the July Indiana heat and humidity. Man did they come a long way in the understanding of our countries heritage but they came a long way in their marksmanship.

13 shooters on the line Saturday and 2 Riflemen, James with a 222 and Erik with a 210 who was very happy to get a drenching in ICE water. Everyone else came a long way and I knew we would have several more Riflemen on Sunday.
10 brave Patriots returned for more abuse from the sun and instruction from our crew. Man did they eat it up! A review of safety and then a review of what we had done the day before and we were knocking out some squares. After everyone had their kinks worked out we jumped right into the AQT grind. Then one by one we started to get some Riflemen and everyone was knocking on the door. First was Steve with a 221, then Ben with a 211. A lunch break and 2 final AQTs before KD, Derik comes through with a 213! With just about everyone knocking on the door with 180+! Several Riflemen scores were backed up and improved upon.

Congratulations to all the new Riflemen! I know the ones who did not quite get the 210 this time will be back to give it another go. I am sure you all have what it takes!

Thank you for giving me a great weekend with some great shooters and great Americans!

Pics will be posted soon.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

stschil

Redbrush Range, What a great place to sow the seeds of Liberty!   Hot, hot, hot, but it's July.  How better to forge new Riflemen?  And the hammer and anvil of the AQT grind did not dissapoint!  5 new people entered the fire as cooks and emerged, hardened, as Riflemen this weekend  ^:)^

I had a great time working with Mudcat, XDman, and Biogranny.  This is a family affair down here and Southern Indiana is all the better for them.  Thank you all.    So without further ado, let the photographic evidence be presented....

"Those Who Ignore History Are Damned To Repeat It"   Unknown Author

slim

KYWindage

Overall, what a great weekend out in the sun! Everyone got a tan(or added to it) and learned some "accurate" history. All weekend we had some young shooters that were scoring well, but couldn't get over that hump and into a patch. Hopefully at their next Appleseed they can put it together and score 210+. Had at least one INGO members who know understands why  Of our small number, 5 shooters knew 'very well how much they were about'.
Had one or two interested in picking up the Orange Hat but wanted to think it over. Hopefully they'll be seen on the trail after their 2nd shoot.
(Sorry to Ian and Derek, but due to techincal difficulties the video I had of shooting KD steel was deleted.  :slap: Maybe next time!)

Finally, I believe most got the drift that this is a call for a change. A change in attitude towards how the shooter views this country, by re/introducing them to the truth of our founding and decisions that were made to provide them with the freedom that we enjoy today. I could tell from the facial expressions of some shooters that they got that message. Hopefully, they will act upon this and become a "Rifleman" in their communities.

-KYWindage
"I will never surrender of my own free will. If in command I will never surrender my men while they still have the means to resist."
--Article II of the Code of Conduct