News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Known Distance in Lodi next weekend??

Started by LadyVetch, July 14, 2011, 11:27:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LadyVetch

Hi Team,

Are we having the KD shoot in Lodi next Sunday?  (July 24th?)

The WGC Board approved AS to use the High Power Range Sunday afternoon.  I for one would like an opportunity to earn my KD patch...

Is this going to happen?

Thanks,

Renee
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our Country will stand in need of its experienced Patriots to prevent its ruin."  - Samuel Adams

dragonfly

Quote from: LadyVetch on July 14, 2011, 11:27:32 AM
Hi Team,

Are we having the KD shoot in Lodi next Sunday?  (July 24th?)YES

The WGC Board approved AS to use the High Power Range Sunday afternoon.  I for one would like an opportunity to earn my KD patch...YES

Is this going to happen?YES

Thanks,

Renee

D-fly   Keeping the Faith
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

dragonfly

Thats right everyone a chance for KD on Sunday at Winnequah  :~

See you there,
D-fly

K.I.S.S.

Cooper

D-fly or anybody in the know:

Is camping available for instructors at the range?
Will I need to bring my own target line and backers?
Are steel targets allowed in moderation?
Who are the LBOTG?
Were's the best place for an Instructor dinner?
What is the cruising speed of a swallow?

I was banished from WI for so long I'm out of the loop...  :-[

But I'm baaack!   ^:)^

Cooper & Jackie the Rifledog
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

2 clicks low

Quote from: Cooper on July 14, 2011, 02:44:36 PM
What is the cruising speed of a swallow?

Cooper & Jackie the Rifledog

Is that an African swallow or European swallow?  **)
2cl
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

Mr.Natural

Greetings All ,  I'm in ,will be awaiting more details.  Times? and the likes.  Y.M.H.O.S. Hatch

dragonfly

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=20384.0

No
No
Depends on what range we are at
LadyVetch, and D-fly
Fitz's on the lake
Male, or female, single or flock

Welcome back.

D-fly  Keeping the Faith

K.I.S.S.

Blue Five

Quote from: Cooper on July 14, 2011, 02:44:36 PM
I was banished from WI for so long I'm out of the loop...  :-[

But I'm baaack!   ^:)^

And we're glad you are back!!!!
"Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" ~Captain John Parker, April 19, 1775.

Molōn labe! :--- 

sparks1

Seems celebrating an anniversary at an Appleseed is not a good idea, or so I am told by Ms. Pam.  >:(   Tho I thought it a good idea.  **)
Gonna have to keep an ear to the ground for other KD shooting.
Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

Blue Five

Quote from: sparks1 on July 14, 2011, 09:36:57 PM
Seems celebrating an anniversary at an Appleseed is not a good idea, or so I am told by Ms. Pam.  >:(   Tho I thought it a good idea.  **)
Gonna have to keep an ear to the ground for other KD shooting.

Pssst...Sparks...October 8-9 in La Crosse...

We've got a 600 yard range here in La Crosse, so might as well use it!
"Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" ~Captain John Parker, April 19, 1775.

sparks1

Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

Trig

dang, I will be out of town (my brother is moving to Boston, and we are throwing him a Bon Voyage party).  At least when I visit, I can make a stop at lexington/concord/north bridge and get in touch with our roots!  ..:..
1st Appleseed - Osage Beach MO, 4/17/10- special thanks to Longshot, ThorsHammer, and JungleGeorge
2nd Appleseed - Lodi WI - Rifleman/Orange Hat 4/17/11 - special thanks to Dragonfly, Mr. Natural, Lady Vetch, and Trisha
IT1 - Hubertus WI, 5/7/11
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11
IT3 - Suamico WI, 6/18/11
IT4 - Racine WI 8/7/11     ***KD Rifleman*** special thanks to Colycat and JoeZ
Red Hat - Hubertus 8/13/11
Shoot Boss - Lodi WI 6/10/12  *thanks to all I have learned/stolen from on my journey* Special thanks to Dfly and Coly *
********************Better Americans today, better America tomorrow!********************

LadyVetch

Free camping is available here:  We camped here last weekend with boy scouts.  Nice camp.  Was quiet though it is by a road.  Well water was tasty - no rust.  Had clean porta potty.  Not far from range. 

Jamison Park 

State:  Wisconsin
Nearest City:  Portage
Nearest Town:  Poynette
Cost:  Free
Number of Campsites:  11-29
Max days allowed:  Unknown

Road:  Paved
Miles from paved road:  Unknown
Scenery Rating:  3 out of 5
Noise Level:  2 out of 5

Amenities: Water, Restrooms
Months Open: Spring-Summer

Description
Park is good size but sloping. Sites are undefined but always has plenty of room. Trout stream borders edge of park. A mix of paved/gravel road. Small pavillion in the park. Well pump is only water source in the park. Located off I-39/90/94. Exit 115, County Highway CS. Head toward Poynette, park is about 3 miles on north side of road CS. 

"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our Country will stand in need of its experienced Patriots to prevent its ruin."  - Samuel Adams

LadyVetch

We will be on the new range - D.   Still mostly dirt, grass is not growing so well yet.

Winnequah has tent shelters available to put up.  I think we should do that.   

Steel would be OK - but not available from the club especially at rifle calibers.

Known Distance is Sunday Afternoon - noon to 4pm.
Range Fee of $10 for everyone shooting to help cover costs of High Power Carriers and closing range for us exclusively.  We will be using our own targets, but we will be using their backers.

Let me know if you have any other questions.  I live about 6 miles from the range.

Renee

Blue Five

Quote from: LadyVetch on July 15, 2011, 08:03:26 PM
Known Distance is Sunday Afternoon - noon to 4pm.
Range Fee of $10 for everyone shooting to help cover costs of High Power Carriers and closing range for us exclusively.  We will be using our own targets, but we will be using their backers.

That almost makes me want to come back for Sunday..tempting...tempting...