News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

NASHVILLE, IN July 9-10 2011

Started by SPQR, July 11, 2011, 08:04:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SPQR

As we toured the Ionian Sea we anchored the yacht in the harbor of Syracuse, not far from where the Romans had so long ago.  I dressed in linen, of course, and we toured the city in the sweltering heat.  We found a small cafe near the Archimede Square to dine and, just as we sat down, the proprietor came to the table. 
     "Signore, il telefono per voi," he offered casually.  I excused myself and rose, drawing a handkerchief to remove the sweat from my brow.  Leading me through the kitchen to a small office in the back, the gentleman offered me a small stool to sit on next to an old, General Electric telephone.
     "Cio e SPQR," I said over the din of the kitchen.  There was a long pause, I gestured to a nearby man who brought me a glass of chilled Trapani.  After a moment a voice came back over the phone.
     "Hello, is this SPQR?"
     "Yes, of course.  What can I do for you?" I asked, amusing myself with watching the activity of the kitchen.
     "Nashville needs a Shoot Boss," the voice said.  I replaced the phone on the receiver immediately and stood.  I thanked the proprietor for the wine and expressed my regret over the half eaten dinner.  We employed a man to drive us over the hills, west to the airport, in an old Fiat 128.  So it goes.

HERE WE ARE AT NASHVILLE!  Testing whether or not our modern patriotism can push us past our discomfort, the heat and humidity, and the seductive Siren Song of the couch.  Can it?  Signs point to YES!

What a fun shoot to behold.  I want to thank the Hoosier Hills Gun Club for hosting us yet again and I want to thank the visiting instructors from Ohio and Taterville.  Most of all, though, I want to thank the shooters.  Thank you so much!  Thank you for teachable attitudes!  Thank you for your endurance!  Thank you for putting the idea of self improvement ahead of vanity in an effort to engage your Heritage as Americans!  It was a BLAST! 
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

SPQR

PICTURES

Circle of WOW IT IS HOT!

Somebody needs to tell Western Rose that folks are writing on her shirt when she ain't lookin!

oooo Circle of Shadey Instruction by Ishy and Rose

Workin'

Shoot Boss and ruggedly handsome Shoot Boss in Training going over Prone Steady Hold Factors with Ohio looking on.
(1903 is used as demo rifle with bolt removed and chamber flag zip tied into barrel.  SAFETY ALWAYS)

AB and Western Rose demonstrating the Line Boss sitting down in the shade position

Litlbit barking orders

Shiny new IIT! (and ruggedly handsome SBiT)

Even grizly veterans need practice.

Chicken Wing located!

Hello AQTs

Cade's dreams are to wear big hats and go hunting in Africa.  He is saving his change ("I gots some dollars. too!") in a jar so he can one day venture forth in search of an elephant, which can be located on his target right between one battleship sinking another battleship.

Focus your Eye on the Front Sight and speak Liberty.

Marty rings the steel.

Ol Cade expresses his feelings, Garand style.  Wooweeeeeee!

Ethan sinks into the AR like an old hand

Lets face it, this little fella is thirty pounds of guts and laughs.  I wish he was at every shoot.

more to come.
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

MeanStreaker

You've anchored a yacht a time or two in a sea of somethin'...   :cool2:

;D

Congrats on a great shoot!

And a ruggedly handsome imagination! 
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

Lyberty

Despite the horrible weather, this was a great weekend to be Appleseeding!  ^:)^
Thanks to all you shooters who stuck it out during the super-sweaty weather ... remember, a Rifleman persists.  O0 It was a pleasure meeting wonderful Americans and spending time at the range. 
Thanks to all you instructors who made this a great weekend: YellowHouseJake, Auntie Bellum, RedNekEngr, Ishy, Green Light, LitlBit, Western Rose (aka "Tater") and HQ.  Thank you, SPQR, for trying... **)  Just kidding! 
"The LORD liveth; and blessed be my rock; and exalted be the God of the rock of my salvation."
2 Samuel 22:47

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty."  John F. Kennedy

Mudcat

I had a great weekend shooting, in the hot weather. it was really nice to get back on the line and see Appleseed from a shooters point of view. From what I saw everything was  O0! Great instruction and leadership from everyone,  and some really good shooters despite the wonderful weather.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

RedNekEngr

Yeah, Yeah it was a little hot!!  But, it was wonderful to share the weekend with an awesome crew and outstanding shooters.  Thanks to all for making it a great weekend with your hospitality.  I learned a lot from YHJ's and SPQR's presentations.  No matter how many times you listen and think you can't learn something, you'll be proven wrong.  I took notes and will attempt to incorporate ideas into my future instruction. 

We really had some tough shooters that endured until the end.  I was amazed at your perseverance.  There will undoubtedly be some new riflemen and riflewomen soon.

Good to see my good friends Slim, Bill3, Mudcat, and Hawkhaven on the line.  You guys are first class and are examples of why I love this program.

Thanks to everyone for making my family feel so welcome.  We would love to come back someday.

RedNekEngr
"If we did all the things that we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves." - Thomas Edison
"No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is as formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women."- Ronald Reagan

Green Light

The heat wasn't too bad since a wonderful instructor brought lots of shade.  O0

Great shoot with great shooters. :---  Hope to come back.

P.S.  SPQR's rugged good looks kept us all motivated!  ;D

GL
Stop trusting in man, who has but a breath in his nostrils. Of what account is he?  Isaiah 2:22

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction." Ronald Reagan

Mudcat

Yes shade! Was much appreciated! Good point Green Light.

Always nice to see the Dangerous Ohio Family. Plus Tater cannot forget Tater.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Bill 3

Hot it was and I don't remember any shade.....  Oops, that was my choice to be out on the right  &)

Great shoot.  Was a pleasure to see some faces I haven't seen in a while mixed in with the familiar crew. First time in a while that I attended an event to shoot and I had a blast as well as having a good reminder of the shooters perspective.

Saw lots of improvement across the board and look forward to seeing those faces again on the trail.

Brian - THANK YOU for stepping up and taking the hat!

Hawk - great sharing some time next to you on the line!

Brown and family - Good show and it wasn't cold and wet.  See you guys again soon.

Slim - Huzzah!

GL - just remember - grief goes both ways...  @)

Ishy, WR, Liberty, lil bit, RNE - Fantastic to see you all again.

A link to pics will be up tomorrow.

SPQR - Thank you for putting on a great shoot!  Thank you to everyone that was there!
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Samuel Clemens
"...that any man who yields up his liberty, in however slight the measure, is bound to become a slave." -- H.L. Mencken
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
"...we have the choice to pursue, in the course of our life, one of two sets of principles - either the principles of power and privilege or the principles of truth and justice. If you pursue truth and justice it will always mean a diminution of your power and privilege. If you pursue power and privilege it will always be at the expense of truth and justice."
The forum is but a blank slate that records what we type.  If it sucks, why is that?  Anyone have an extra mirror for people?

hawkhavn

I'll second everything Mudcat had to say!

No better way to get the rust knocked off than to spend a weekend with the Nation's finest rifle instructors looking over everything you are doing.  Even if some of them can't hold a driver's license yet, they can diagnose, correct, encourage and teach - all because they know what they are about.  ~~:)
Every Appleseed weekend renews my faith in this Republic because I get to see what real citizens can and are doing.

Having the Buckeyes here was an extra special treat, both on the line and behind it.  I have to make it over there for a shoot soon. Y'all are welcome here any weekend you can make it, sorry the humidity matched the temperature!  I'll second RNE's comment that no matter how many strikes you've heard by many different instructors, you always hear something new.  That is what really makes heritage more important than history.

While I was certain that Western Rose who came all the way from the mountains of Idaho would be the furthest travelled, I was wrong.  We had one shooter who shared the weekend with us all the way from California!

Thank you to WR (and her family) who took the time to come east and spend some time with us.   ^:)^

HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

yellowhousejake

Quote from: SPQR link=topic=23860.msg184800#msg184800
Shoot Boss and ruggedly handsome Shoot Boss in Training going over Prone Steady Hold Factors with Ohio looking on.

The heat must have addled your brain junior. I was the Shoot Boss, and you were the SBIT. But I appreciate the ruggedly handsome comment.

Well just so we don't leave you all befuddled, I'll send a note to Instructor Promotions and get that changed.

It was a great weekend that I enjoyed immensely. We had some challenges to deal with, but it was obvious that after a year of hard work (it wasn't easy), Indiana managed to turn out another excellent Shoot Boss. SPQR did a great job, and it showed in the smiles as everyone packed to go home.

A joy to work with the Ohio crew again, and nice to put a face on WR, now I will see that smile every time I read her posts.

The shooters were outstanding, stuck it out, took the instructions well, and I fully expect to see many of them back to put to use what they learned, and will practice at home... right Tyler? Right Jim?  O0

YHJ

PS. Who were the three comedians on the far left side? Some fella named Slim who brings his own peanut gallery when he shoots? I need one of them, they were having a good time!

I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

slim

As we floated down the Ohio River we anchored the homemade raft in the shadow of the big gambling boat, not far from where Buckeyes of the past had selflessly donated so much to make sure the children of Indiana were well educated.  I dressed for competition at the trough, of course, and we established a beachhead in the sweltering heat.  We found a small, buffet-style eatery near the winding road and, just as we returned from our mid-meal siesta, the large man in the paper hat stood over us.   
     "Senior, you must be full" he offered casually.  I excused myself and rose, drawing looks of both admiration and disbelief from the small crowd of passers by who'd assembled to witness the feats of the dashingly handsome yet mysteriously intriguing traveler sitting before them.  Leading me through the maze of small tables, the gentleman offered me the door and bid me a "buenos noches."
     "Tempus fugit" I said over the din of the traffic passing by.  There was a long pause, I gestured to a nearby man who stood ready to rev the engine of our chariot and hasten us on our way through the night.  After a moment his voice rose above the sounds of the hills whisping by as we moved ever closer to our destination.
     "Are you ready to save the country?"
     "Huzzah." I replied in a voice too strong to be held in by the thin windows and much too loud for the quiet air of the summer night.
     "Nashville needs some shooters," he added.  I folded my hands back onto my lap and nodded my head in agreement as we arrived at the inn. I tipped him with a crispy piece of freshly-minted cotton paper bearing the image of one of our founding fathers, George Washington.  We employed a porter (and put to good use another Washington) to carry our luggage into the cool room, west of the range, in an old area not far from where the magic would soon happen.  So it goes.

What an event!

For me this event was extra special because Hoosier Hills is only a stone's throw from where my Appleseed journey began. It was also a chance to once again spend time with those who started me on my path and view the fruits of their labors.

The 'seeds they'd sown so many years ago have now not only ripened into fruit, but are bearing fruit themselves. Appleseed magic at it's finest. HUZZAH!!!

Great to be back out on the line and what a wonderful group of shooters. I had the chance to work with Jim during Ball and Dummy and both of us were able to take something away from the experience. Riflemen work as a team. No doubt he and his son will be back and I look forward to learning more from them.

I also had the chance to "get some coaching"  ~~:) from some of the best instructors in the midwest. Thanks to all of you. (And just because you're from Idaho doesn't mean you can't be from the midwest!)

Bearing witness to a new instructor taking on the duties of an Orange Hat, and more importantly, signing on to personally claim a vested interest in the saving of our country is something that makes every minute pounding the pavement or sitting behind the keyboard worth it. Seeing someone take that next step is what makes it all worthwhile.

And that leads us right into the families. "Kids" (and that's in quotes on purpose) are doing so much and each weekend they give me hope that our country will, once again, become a nation of Riflemen. Restoring a sense of community, where we're all one big family of AMERICANS... that's what it's all about.

I was on the line with my brothers. Two of them I grew up with. The rest, I met out on the trail!

Ratchett

With Slim and SPQR both there did ya have to wear muck boots ALL weekend in that heat and humidity?!?!?! **) For it sure does sound like it mighta been gettin deep.

I sure missed a fantastical shoot---CONGRATULATIONS shooters and instructors!

I think I see a need for a congratulations to SPQR for hitting that next pay grade---job well done sir! O0
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

slim

Quote from: yellowhousejake on July 11, 2011, 11:48:17 PMPS. Who were the three comedians on the far left side? Some fella named Slim who brings his own peanut gallery when he shoots? I need one of them, they were having a good time!

Speaking of peanuts, I brought a 3lb. bag of trail mix. By Sunday afternoon I had a hankerin for some and when I reached for the bag it was empty. EMPTY! 3 POUNDS of tail mix in less than 24 hours. I knew those boys could eat, but I had no idea they'd put such a hurtin on my trail mix.

And that was no match for Brian. I bet he ate a whole case of granola bars before he got into the oatmeal creme pies.

All of us were eating to cover the pain of being outshot by Mudcat. Boy can that guy shoot! Some instructors are known for "talking the talk" (no names needed) and others, like Mudcat, are known for "walking the walk."

Speaking of walking the walk, I remember a few hands staying up in the air for the redcoat. Now that's getting it done!

And how could we talk about walking without mentioning the flightless bird? There's a lot of walking there!

Fred

Looks like that early "Appleseed spirit" of those first Appleseeds way back in '06 has not died - at least, not in Indiana! O0 O0

And maybe, since a strong Ohio contingent was there, maybe not in Ohio, either! O0 O0
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

Mudcat

I would bet that Brian got into your trail mix. It seemed like every time we got done with a string of fire I would go back to the line and he would be opening up a granola bar oatmeal bar or whatever. I mean every time!! No exaggeration. With my metabolism they would have to roll me down to the line if I tried that. He carries no extra weight though. Lucky dog!

Slim I believe you held your own as well as the other 2 Slims with you. I would not want to be a redcoat down range of the Slim Trio!
--George Washington

Western Rose

Before this event, I remember sitting around the table with the Ohio contingent and all of the sudden we all realized that we had been having a conversation about Nashville in acronyms and the funny part was, we all understood exactly what the others were saying. Anyway...

Thanks to the Hoosier Hills Gun Club for hosting an Appleseed! The range was awesome.
Thank you to the shooters for coming out and making this event happen.
Thank you to the instructors for being there and making it so much fun. It was an honor to be able to meet you all. BTW, loved all of the tater jokes. ;D Now, who's going to make up the "Miss Potato Head" avatar for me? ::)

I'm afraid I didn't get many pictures (at least with my camera) but I'll try to post some asap.

- The "weird kid from Taterland"

BTW, SPQR, if you're going to call it Tatersville, you'd better start spelling it right.  ;)
Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

TN_Dadx5

While I was scanning new posts, I saw "Nashville".  "I didn't know that we had shoots in Nashville" says I ++), not kowing this post was about Indiana not Tennessee.  Then I saw that Mudcat was there.  Mudcat was SB at my second AS and one of the guys that really got me into AS.  When are you coming back down to TN?  'Sounds like you all had a great weekend.

It looks like the ID contigent is making it's way across  ..:.. the country hitting shoot after shoot back to ID.  Now that's a family vacation that I could get into.  And it gives me and idea for next summer (if gas is $4 a gallon, we might be on horseback).  If you can, stop by Manchester the last weekend of July.  We'd love to have you.  We've a covered line and a great range.
"A nation of well informed men who have been taught to know and prize the rights which God has given them cannot be enslaved. It is in the region of ignorance that tyranny begins." Benjamin Franklin
Visit and "Like" the TN Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/#!/Tennesse.Project.Appleseed

TruTenacity

Quote from: TN_Dadx5 on July 12, 2011, 12:08:23 PM
It looks like the ID contigent is making it's way across  ..:.. the country hitting shoot after shoot back to ID.  Now that's a family vacation that I could get into.  And it gives me and idea for next summer (if gas is $4 a gallon, we might be on horseback).  If you can, stop by Manchester the last weekend of July.  We'd love to have you.  We've a covered line and a great range.

I'd like to say this has been a "family vacation", but we don't own any horses .. just raise chickens, hogs, steers and a couple more 'taters.  The Reformed Redneck family stayed behind while the OH contingent has been very gracious to Miss 'Tater, taking her from one end of their region on into another ... what has it been, WR 11 or 12 states?  Taterville is ready to have her home.  TN_Dadx5, saddle up those horses and head our way.  There's always room at the Redneck Manor.  We'll keep the light on for ya'.

All, looks like a shoot no one should have missed.  Keep up the good work!
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

techres

Sorry I can only bop by for a short bit on Sunday, but it was great to see all the great shooters on the line, especially Cade and family!  What a great little trooper, he even showed me the scar from when he broke his elbow and had to walk back to his house to tell mom and dad because the dog wasn't like lassie.

I did get some pics before we had to run!

Hawkhavn's covered line keeping the shooters focussed on shooting and not on stroking out:

Ishy teaching:

Excellent brass barriers:

Newest hat watching over an old hat.  Love that Mudcat has taken an AR sabbatical for a year in order to keep from being in a rut as an instructor.  AK brings back all the challenge in the AQT:

The boys:

Watching those groups:

SPQR teaching:

What a ton of fun, and good learning by all.  Thanks to each of you for coming from near and far.

You do our ancestors proud!

Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

Mudcat

Quote from: TN_Dadx5 on July 12, 2011, 12:08:23 PM
While I was scanning new posts, I saw "Nashville".  "I didn't know that we had shoots in Nashville" says I ++), not kowing this post was about Indiana not Tennessee.  Then I saw that Mudcat was there.  Mudcat was SB at my second AS and one of the guys that really got me into AS.  When are you coming back down to TN?  'Sounds like you all had a great weekend.

I would like to make it back down sometime soon but my time has been pretty limited this year so far. It does look like I will be able to seed most of the month of July though.  Come on up to Evansville this weekend and I will put you to work. Will be a full distance shoot and not one to miss.
I see you are about ready to don the red hat soon. O0 I could use a hand such as yourself. :)

Hope the family is well.
--George Washington

AuntieBellum

Wait a minute...SPQR gets a green hat for THAT???

As he should - well, done, SPQR, well done.   O0

A great Appleseed.  There was determination in the faces of those on the line, despite the heat and humidity.  They were there to learn and put to use those marksmanship skills taught inside those hokey pokey circles.  There were a ton of questions, some laughs, and lots of dancing. - that very special Rifleman's Dance.  Keep it up.  Come back.  Bring more friends.  Some of you did that this weekend, stretching from Ohio to California (!) - so keep 7th stepping, remember and honor the sacrifices of those who had the courage to secure your Liberty, and I'll look forward to seeing you all again soon. 

A sight our forefathers can be proud of:

SPQR explains the importance of the Red Coat target to an attentive crowd:

The new Red Hat dress code...gentlemen, start growing your hair out!

The hokey pokey circle of instruction in use:

Just one example of a student taking the instruction to the line...literally.  Just read her pants.   ;D
(Even though I really, really missed having her with her Blue Hat helping out!)

YHJ gives a bit of history to the shooters taking a break in the shade amongst the flags:

What has the attention of these instructors?  Lyberty's A++ IMC instruction of course:

I love Appleseed.
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

Bill 3

"...that any man who yields up his liberty, in however slight the measure, is bound to become a slave." -- H.L. Mencken
"...we have the choice to pursue, in the course of our life, one of two sets of principles - either the principles of power and privilege or the principles of truth and justice. If you pursue truth and justice it will always mean a diminution of your power and privilege. If you pursue power and privilege it will always be at the expense of truth and justice."
The forum is but a blank slate that records what we type.  If it sucks, why is that?  Anyone have an extra mirror for people?

Green Light

Thank you to all who captured the events of the awesome weekend.  :bow: 

I was glad to see that our red hats can still shoot (Hawk, Mudcat, Bill 3, and Slim can do a good job at missing!)  ;D 

Thank you Slim clan, Lyberty, and Litlbit for cooling me off!  ;)

GL
Stop trusting in man, who has but a breath in his nostrils. Of what account is he?  Isaiah 2:22

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction." Ronald Reagan

Brown

Wow
What a Weekend!! hot? UH Yeah, Fun? $)@ Yeah. most definately worth the drive and stay over. SPQR great leading job and the instructors were nothing but top notch. The group from OH with dad and all the kids instructors THAT is something to strive for in my family. What an example they give.

Learn something new each time at a seed and this was no exception. Great to see people again like bill3, AB, and YHJ and to meet some new people like HAwkhaven.

Marty had so much fun ringing steel at 100yds. talked about it all the way home. After hearing the history for the 4th time Adam is now convinced he wants a Garand. I gave him the option a few months ago either a AR or Garand for his 18th B-Day. he wants one of OUR rifles as Huff said.

I still came up 4pts short of the patch but there is always another time. Unless you guys want to spot me a few points for having my own mother in law shooting next to me?  :)

Even though the MIL came from Cali we brought her for a few nice days in the midwest weather and she did have a great time.
I have noticed you get things done and I respect that-SPQR

Bill 3

Quote from: Brown on July 12, 2011, 09:18:33 PM
... I gave him the option a few months ago either a AR or Garand for his 18th B-Day. he wants one of OUR rifles as Huff said.
O0
I still came up 4pts short of the patch but there is always another time. Unless you guys want to spot me a few points for having my own mother in law shooting next to me?  :)

Even though the MIL came from Cali we brought her for a few nice days in the midwest weather and she did have a great time.

It's there waiting for you and anytime someone from cali comes to Indy and has a good time... it's a good thing!

HQ

Man, you've got to love Indiana.  It is nice weather, breezy, some humidity, but not to bad and then WHAM!!! Suddenly it is gross.  I couldn't decide if it was super hot this weekend or the heat index was playing with our brains.  But there was something going on.  It's a good thing our newest Shoot Boss really pushes fluids!

Seriously, as I was grading AQT's all day Sunday, I saw GREAT improvement.  With just a little tweaking of NPOA, refocusing on those 6 steps and really working on relaxing, we are going to see an entire line of riflemen.  There were great groups on those targets! 

I can't wait for my voice to come back so I can get back on the line with these shooters!  Great job this weekend!

Bull13

What a great shoot I have missed! So many folks showing up in such challenging conditions; to hear, to learn, to take steps to secure liberty-  really does my spirit good.
Mudcat-good to see you enjoying AS from the firing line for once. Have to come to Red Brush soon and visit my "original" AS home. Where it all began for me and Mudcat and Sir+Rifle captured my attention with a deeper meaning to our Heritage. Thanks!
Too many faces I know and names I heard mentioned here to address each. But rest assured, I am looking forward to seeing, working, and learning with all in the near future.
Excellent job on another AS weekend!
Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!
Patrick Henry March 23,1775

Octalman

My wife and I had a great time, regardless of the heat.  Really enjoyed the history.  Now have to practice using the six steps.  Green hat, Red hat, Orange hat - all the hats were great teachers and people.  I will spread the word about Appleseed.  Great organization.  Great people.  Great mission.  Need to come back and achieve Rifleman with my 22 and centerfire.

brianheeter

People ask why I keep going to AS shoots.   Let's see....  I always learn something, my shooting improves and I have a good time.  Not to mention the great people with whom I get to share the line.  Slim, Jordan, Nathan, Mudcat, Jim and Tyler, it was great to have you guys around me.  You really made it fun.  Great to see Jason, Crystal and Cade again.  And then there was that family from Ohio that seems to require you to become an orange hat before you get out of diapers!

Congrats on the green hat, Huff.  No doubt about it, you have what it takes.

On July 10th, 2011, I took my orange hat from SPQR....
(refuse to) Kiss the Ring!