News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hinckley, MN July 16-17, 2011 -- < Two Weeks!

Started by AFTERMATH, July 05, 2011, 09:00:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFTERMATH

Subject kinda says it all!

Let's get on it!

Aftermath
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Cooper

Whatcha need, Boss?
I'm almost recovered from 4 'seeds in 5 weeks, so bring it on!!
Coop
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

Taylor

I need a break from cutting up blown down trees. I'll be there.
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

AFTERMATH

Three RH's? 
Do these shooters know what they're in for! >:D

Immediately on the list.  A canopy or two if anyone's got one.... or two.... ::)
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

Cooper

I can bring an EZ-Up canopy and two loaner 10/22 LTR's.  I still need to modify the bolt release on one, the other is my trusty Redcoat Slayer!  Will camping be an option?  I'll need to drive up Friday evening after work.
We need some orange hats to mold in our likeness...   >:D

Coop
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.

adamt

Coop, put me down for camping on Friday night. I will call the campground and make arrangements.

AdamT.
"If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide."

--  Abraham Lincoln

AFTERMATH

No internet for four days, and the forum didn't burn down!  What a relief!
Hope I didn't miss anything too exciting....

I don't yet know what time, but I'll bring up the line on Fri. evening.
If we hang around late enough, we can likely get away with keeping the canopy up too.

Cooper

Quote from: adamt on July 07, 2011, 12:14:01 AM
Coop, put me down for camping on Friday night. I will call the campground and make arrangements.
AdamT.

Great!!!

Thanks for coming up for the festivities!

Coop

sparks1

Storm damage at the home front. Taking down a 50 ft Ash that split and came down. Gotta do the rest when I get a good chain saw. Also woke up to my bathroom ceiling dripping water and the sheetrock paper hanging down in a big bubble. Wind blew so hard, it pushed rain in the fart fan exhaust. Now I got a ceiling to replace & dry our attic insulation.
So...I may not make it to Hinckley Sat. Sun???maybe.
Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

AFTERMATH

Quote from: sparks1 on July 11, 2011, 08:45:54 PM
Storm damage at the home front. Taking down a 50 ft Ash that split and came down. Gotta do the rest when I get a good chain saw. Also woke up to my bathroom ceiling dripping water and the sheetrock paper hanging down in a big bubble. Wind blew so hard, it pushed rain in the fart fan exhaust. Now I got a ceiling to replace & dry our attic insulation.

Darn houses!  If only they held Appleseeds position in regards to the weather!
The riflehouse's bubble would be nice!
On the bright side, you won't have to worry 'bout the emerald ash borer....

Anyway don't worry about it - looks like we're more than covered.  In fact, any of you Appleseeders down there, who aren't already committed to other activities:  Why don't you see if you can give Ron a hand?  He's always been there for us.

sparks1

Quote from: AFTERMATH on July 11, 2011, 09:36:40 PM
Quote from: sparks1 on July 11, 2011, 08:45:54 PM

Darn houses!  If only they held Appleseeds position in regards to the weather!
The riflehouse's bubble would be nice!
On the bright side, you won't have to worry 'bout the emerald ash borer....

Anyway don't worry about it - looks like we're more than covered.  In fact, any of you Appleseeders down there, who aren't already committed to other activities:  Why don't you see if you can give Ron a hand?  He's always been there for us.

I appreciate the sentiment. Things are under control here, just have to meet with the insurance adjuster Sat. noon. Pam won't let me drop the tree without someone here with me. Seems when I dropped the big one out front, years ago, I was supposed to have help. at least someone to call 911! :) :)
My thinking is any male from Minnesota with a brain can handle a chainsaw. Tho I admit she has a point. Ever see Red/Green? :)
Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

adamt

Alright Minnesota Now is the time to sign up. We may very well be facing the only two nice days of the year.

Dust off those Rifles, bug repellant, and sunscreen. This one you won't want to miss.

AdamT.
"If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide."

--  Abraham Lincoln

Norseman1

Good grief!!! Was it hot... I think we were all about cooked by about 4pm or so.

I had a good time and learned quite a bit that I build on from the previous month. I was only got to go 1st day of last month, as Sunday was Father's day...

So, just attending Day 2 this last weekend, I was very glad (and sweaty) when I earned my rifleman's patch.

For those that were wondering, my Ruger 10/22 was "stock" except for 2 additions.

#1, the scope
BSA "sweet 22" I got from Sportsmans Guide for $39, along with rings and a scope mount from Fleet Farm for another $16. Part number for the scope is WX2-178951.

#2, the trigger
I ordered the trigger kit from Cabela's the day after the June shoot. I knew I was fighting an uphill battle with a trigger that felt like a meat hook. Part number is IK-224318 from them, but, you may need the hammer bushings from Power Customs if you have the newer style plastic trigger guard on your 10-22.

Lastly, but not least, was the CORRECT rifleman's sling. DO NOT USE THE M1 CARBINE SLING!!!

Thanks to Aftermath, Sparks, AdamT, and of course Cooper for all your help and encouragement. Going from a 129 to a 210+ wasn't all equipment related. But, the bad trigger and scope was distracting from any skills improvement I was making.

Best wishes to all those that attended and braved the severe heat.

Taylor

Re. the heat...if it doesn't kill youn it makes you stronger.

Jungleseed this past weekend made cuting/splitting/stacking firewood all day today seem easy in comparison. :)
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

AFTERMATH

Norseman1,

Thanks for checking in and Congratulations again!

All,
The official After Action Report has arrived:  http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=23976.0