News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Ossian Indiana, July 2-3, 2011

Started by yellowhousejake, July 04, 2011, 01:06:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowhousejake

Big kudos to everyone who came out, the heat and humidity was brutal. But Rifleman persevere don't they?

We had a great weekend, and survived it because of Auntiebellum's canopy and the OCC's great facilities. A good lunch in the cool clubhouse helped a lot.

We started off slow, spending much time on getting the fundamentals down, but once everyone had the Six Steps and the Steady Hold Factors down, we move pretty quickly. We saw good groups, excellent attitudes, and improvement all weekend. Even if you didn't see improvement, the instructors did. Everyone went from just shooting, to know what they were doing with safe transitions, excellent rifle handling skills, and learning from their targets.

Shaun gets the award for biggest rifle on the line, and Neal for the smallest. But they both shot them well. Neal switched to a 22 Sunday and knocked the AQT in the dirt with a great target and a ( ? ) score. Brian, I didn't write it down  #)

Patrick came back, showed everything he learned last time with perfect form right out of the gate and scored a perfect 210, in the hottest most miserable part of the day. Once over the hump he turned in great targets all day Sunday. It's obvious you are doing it all right.

Brian, gets the prettiest rifle award, I am certain that blue barrel actually glows. Staying late Saturday since he could not return Sunday, he worked through the knee pain and pulled out a 222 after a very long hot day. Well done.

Austin and Randy, we wish you could have stayed and sincerely hope all is well. Come back next time, the KD went well and I think Austin would have enjoyed hitting the steel at 100 yards. I know he could have done it.

Matthew, so close. Without the jams I am sure you would have made Rifleman. But... you didn't let the problems fluster you, that is a Rifleman right there.

Brent, a great job, we hope to have you back soon. You would have loved KD. You groups were getting really good, you would have been on steel no problem.

Quinn and Kyle, factory iron sights. You guys never got frustrated, never gave up, and finally Sunday started kidding me back. You guys did great and I expect you both to return next time. Your improvement was obvious, and you did get on steel at 100 yards, excellent job.

I loved the weekend, I love that range, I never get tired of doing this. Thank you all for coming out and sharing the weekend with us, especially this weekend.

Do we remember the four questions every American should be able to answer?

O0

Enough blathering, let's see some pictures!

Yellowhousejake
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

AuntieBellum

What a great Appleseed!  A huge THANK YOU to all of our shooters for coming out this holiday weekend and to our host, Ossian Conservation Club.  A beautiful range with superb hospitality - a great clubhouse, lunch served both days, and a lovely lake to camp beside. 

I really can't imagine having been anywhere else on this national holiday weekend.  A purely American holiday.  A day to celebrate our independence, our freedom, our Liberty.  I hope each and every one of you remembers the sacrifices that were made for posterity - for each of us - by those colonists long ago.  Take some time in between the barbecues and fireworks to remind your friends and family - and then bring them back with you next time!

Time for the pictures!

Pat shows us how to take home what you've learned and come back to score Rifleman on the first AQT on Saturday!

And in true Indiana style, our Riflemen are rewarded with bacon!

Brian perseveres - coming all the way from Illinois to Appleseeds in Indiana two weekends in a row - and his hard work paid off.  Congrats, Brian!

Neal shows us how to put it all together in the heat of Sunday afternoon!

One of many hydration breaks throughout the weekend.

I love ball and dummy.  Really.  It is amazingly rewarding to stand behind our students and watch them teach each other the things they've been taught during the weekend.   O0

Thank you again, everyone.  I look forward to seeing you all again soon!
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

HQ

oooo.  This range looks so pretty!  That grass looks amazing!  I might just have to venture North one of these days. . . hmmmm.

Congratulations to all new Riflemen! 

sgtmack

I had a great time. It was a little warm on Saturday, but we survived. With a little coaching from AuntieBellum I shot a 223. It felt good to go from an OK shooter to a Rifleman. I've qualified expert in the Air Force more times than I can count, but I've never shot as well as I did Sunday. Thanks to every one who made a successful shoot possible.
I'm already working on getting enough rifles to bring my son and his friend, and maybe my nephew to the next one.

I can't think of a better way to spend the Independence Day weekend.

AuntieBellum

sgtmack, you are an A+ student.  You took the instruction well and put it to good use.  That's how Appleseed works.  Many people took the time to sit down with me and teach me what to do.  So now I teach others.  So guess what's next?  Yep, your turn.   ;)  I'm glad to hear you'll be back.  If you have any trouble rustling up some rifles, just let us know.  We can usually come up with quite a few loaners to help get more people to come out.  Looking forward to seeing you on the line again soon!
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot