News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Gibsonburg, Ohio, June 25-26, 2011

Started by Miki, June 27, 2011, 12:00:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miki

It was another fine weekend in the black swamp. Despite skies that appeared threatening at times it stayed dry all weekend. We had an eager group of 13 shooters show up with teachable attitudes. This group really took the instruction and implemented it. By Saturday afternoon I was seeing all sorts of NPOA shifts. Saturday afternoon Rick shot a 210 and good-naturedly welcomed his 'individual little rain shower'. All the shooters demonstrated marked improvement over the weekend.

This group was engaged and attentive during the history portion. I have the feeling some of them will be doing more reading about our shared heritage as Americans. 

Many things impressed me with this group of shooters. Too many to list, however, I will mention two things:

1. Our youngest shooter Logan (age 14) showed amazing muzzle control when his fellow shooter's HOT brass went down the back of his shirt and got stuck there. He kept his muzzle firmly downrange while enduring the pain of that hot brass. Huzzah Logan!

2. This group really worked well (as riflemen do) in teams. We played a variation of Parker's Revenge Sunday afternoon that required them to figure out a how they were going to work together to accomplish their goal. Later when we headed over to the 500-yard range they again demonstrated their teamwork skills working as shooter and spotter to ping steel.

As things were winding down Sunday Cadence stepped up to join the instructor ranks and accepted an orange hat. Welcome aboard Cadence!

Once again I thoroughly enjoyed my time in the black swamp and the company of the great American's I met this weekend. I hope to see you all back soon. Bring some friends with you to share the fun times with.

Respectfully,

Miki

Superheat

Sounds like you appleseeders had a great time. Sorry I missed it.  :-[

Johnnyappleseed

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Dougum

Love your country, but never trust its government.

-- Robert A. Heinlein

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"

-- George Washington

You say drake I say Brantley gilbert

You say T-Pain I say Jason Aldean

You say Kanye I say randy houser

You say Pink I say Kenny Chesney

You say Pop I scream COUNTRY

You say Justin Bieber I rip your head off