News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: North Porter County, IN - June 25-26, 2011

Started by Bill 3, June 27, 2011, 09:13:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill 3

What a great weekend.  A number of familiar faces among the new one's.  Some of them experienced Seeders looking to get past that 210, some that had almost no experience with firearms at all, and just about everything in between.  Improvement was made by all.  I was initially worried Saturday evening about some of our young shooters but they came back refreshed Sunday morning and impressed me with night and day improvement. Thanks to everyone who came out and spent two days in the sun improving their marksmanship skills and learning the history of that fateful day.  More commentary and pictures to come...  For safe measure - HYDRATE!!

Post your thoughts.
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Samuel Clemens
"...that any man who yields up his liberty, in however slight the measure, is bound to become a slave." -- H.L. Mencken
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
"...we have the choice to pursue, in the course of our life, one of two sets of principles - either the principles of power and privilege or the principles of truth and justice. If you pursue truth and justice it will always mean a diminution of your power and privilege. If you pursue power and privilege it will always be at the expense of truth and justice."
The forum is but a blank slate that records what we type.  If it sucks, why is that?  Anyone have an extra mirror for people?

AuntieBellum

What a great weekend!  I'm so glad that you all came out this weekend.  It was obvious that you were there to learn, and I thank each and every one of you for your persistence and great attitudes throughout the weekend.  I heard fantastic things were happening in Bay 3 as everyone new to Appleseed came together to learn all sorts of new positions and techniques.  Bay 2 - well, we had no mercy on our shooters over there.   >:D  With 8 repeat Appleseeders, we reviewed techniques and hit the AQTs hard, resulting in 3 new Riflemen!  Congratulations to Hernando, Bruce, and James!  The rest of you are SOOOOOOO close.  Keep practicing, and I know we'll be handing each of you a patch of your own next time around!  Again, thank you all for coming out and listening to us - but the most important part - do you remember what step I'm gonna say?...remember the 7th step.  Be involved.  Get off the couch.  Do something.  Our heritage doesn't belong in a history book - it's now your job to tell others the same thing.  Look forward to seeing you all again soon (including you folk from Illinois!).

A few pics - I'm sure more will be coming later.

Hernando shows us how prone should really look.  I guess that's one reason he walked away with his Rifleman patch.   ;)

Ball and Dummy drill - AKA instructor break.   ;D

Oops - no rest for the orange hats, I guess.   :cool2:

Is that a shiny new blue hat in there?!  Welcome to AppleCore, Stephan!

Clif solves the "where to put your chamber flag while standing" problem!

.5 regales us with her fantastic story of David Lamson.  Awesome!

And she even uses some "grenadier-sized" men to demonstrate how Mother Batherick might have compared!

And then some KD - how many times did we have to go rehang the steel?!!!
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

2 clicks low

Thanks for letting me boarder raid. The great group of students makes me regret only being able to make it for Sunday. Love the way Indiana makes Riflemen.  ~~:)

AB, always a pleasure to work with you. .5 & Stephen, good to meet you. Bill3 like the way you run a shoot, I like being tossed a challenge to overcome, helps me develop.

Who knew that the nearest range to Chicago is in Indiana :o :o

2cl
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

BigMike

I thought that looked like you in the last pic, 2CL...  Kinda had me scratching my head for a second.

2 clicks low

Quote from: BigMike on June 27, 2011, 08:44:07 PM
I thought that looked like you in the last pic, 2CL...  Kinda had me scratching my head for a second.
I show up in the strangest places  ;D.
Seriously, if you have a chance, hop to boader, they got good folk there too.
2cl
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

AuntieBellum

Quote from: 2 clicks low on June 27, 2011, 08:23:07 PM
Thanks for letting me boarder raid. The great group of students makes me regret only being able to make it for Sunday. Love the way Indiana makes Riflemen.  ~~:)

AB, always a pleasure to work with you. .5 & Stephen, good to meet you. Bill3 like the way you run a shoot, I like being tossed a challenge to overcome, helps me develop.

Who knew that the nearest range to Chicago is in Indiana :o :o

2cl

2cl, you're always welcome to border raid in Indiana!  We had quite the Illinois invasion this weekend with an IIT and two students!  Keep 'em coming!!!  I hear Ohio and Idaho are invading Indiana in a couple of weeks.  What other state wants to come on over?  We have a lot of fun here amongst the corn fields.  :D 

And we'll happily let any of those Chicago-ites (Chicago-ians?) come Appleseed with us.  Lake Village is in just a few short weeks...!!!  http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=23386.0
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

Bill 3

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Samuel Clemens
"...that any man who yields up his liberty, in however slight the measure, is bound to become a slave." -- H.L. Mencken
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
"...we have the choice to pursue, in the course of our life, one of two sets of principles - either the principles of power and privilege or the principles of truth and justice. If you pursue truth and justice it will always mean a diminution of your power and privilege. If you pursue power and privilege it will always be at the expense of truth and justice."
The forum is but a blank slate that records what we type.  If it sucks, why is that?  Anyone have an extra mirror for people?