News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Hinckley, MN June 18-19, 2011

Started by adamt, June 19, 2011, 11:34:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adamt

Here begins the brief summary of the events that unfolded in Hinckley MN on the Eighteenth and Nineteenth of June Two Thousand and Eleven....

In true Minnesota fashion, as Saturday morning started to unfold we were greeted by rain, lots and lots of rain. As the shooters started to arrive, there seemed to be no sign of it letting up. We were, however, graced by several popup shelters valiantly set up by teams of shooters and instructors. It was a good thing we had them too. After all our volunteers had helped to set up the firing line shelter, getting soaked to the bone in the process, the rain let up and was nie to return.

The opening red coats and squares showed much promise and more improvement as the morning unfolded. As the humidity began to rise so did the effort by our shooters and instructor corps. Squib and GRYPHON worked the right and left flank, Sparks1 and I held down the center and our fearless Shoot Boss AFTERMATH set the pace. Alas the first AQT arrived. Returning victorious from his first encounter, Cam proved himself a victor and scored Rifleman on his first AQT of his first Appleseed. The day continued with the ominous feeling that at any point the rain would be loosed from the heavens but it did not. In my opinion it was perfect Appleseed weather. But, any time you are with such a fine group of Americans the weather is perfect.

As the day came to a close, our nine, proud but tired shooters retired for the evening. Our instructors bid them fair well, and retired themselves. Day one was done. Much ground had been covered and one new Rifleman was added to Minnesota's ranks.

Alas, it was Sunday. We were again graced by perfect Appleseed weather: 65-70F and cloudy. Sparks1, GRYPHON and squib had been replaced by Taylor (from Wisconsin, honorary Minnesotan.) We also had one shooter unable to return but he was replaced by another.  Our shooter's ranks remained at nine; let the assault begin. We shot at red coats, squares, tv's, practice AQT's and real AQT's.  Round after round, target after target. It was clear that things were beginning to set in. Deven another first time Appleseeder, who we were told was hard of sight, proved himself a Rifleman. He was our second shooter of the weekend to best the AQT. After a bit of lunch and some good fellowship, it was back to work. The task that lay before us was the AQT grind, over and over until another Rifleman was forged. Scott, a return shooter, had finally bested his old scores.

As the day came to a close the sun finally emerged. A truly beautiful sight to see, the sun setting through the trees on another fine rifle range in our America. All ten shooters left with some renewed pride in there heritage, new skills, sore muscles and dirty rifles.

Thanks again to the Hinckley conservation club, all our shooters and our dedicated instructor corps.

AdamT.

Pictures to follow. My camera makes good phone calls but my phone struggles to be a good camera.
"If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide."

--  Abraham Lincoln

sparks1

ALLRIGHT!!!! Congratulations to all who bested the weather and AQT grind.  O0

Well done Cameron,Deven, and Scott for their qualifying as Riflemen.  ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

You others come on back...I know you are close. Just practice the basics...dryfire,dryfire,dryfire!  &) &) &)
Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

Taylor

Congratulations new Riflemen.  ^:)^

Keep dry firing future Riflemen/Riflewoman. You are all close to topping the 210 hurdle. I hope to see you all (and some of your friends) again in July.

Since I was not able to attend Saturday, until I see pictures, I cannot confirm but rumor has it that AFTERMATH had a contingent of walk(drive?)on shooters follow him to the range Saturday morning. That's the good news; bad news is they had badges, mars lights and were on the clock at the time. Did anyone wittiness?

Taylor
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

Blue Five

"Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" ~Captain John Parker, April 19, 1775.

Molōn labe! :--- 

AFTERMATH

Adam, I don't think I could have said it better myself.
O0

Taylor, I'm pleading the fifth! :-X
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

adamt

Here is the much anticipated photo tour of our new rifleman.

First up is Cameron

Second was Deven

And finally Scott

A Third Strike for the books....

AdamT.
"If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide."

--  Abraham Lincoln