News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Marshall MN, June 11 & 12

Started by Sven, June 13, 2011, 05:33:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sven

I'll do the write up later, feel free to comment.   :---
"I was spotting one day and M2 was hitting baseball sized dirt clods at 300yds away. DON'T F/K with an old man with a Garand... " RED DAWN

Sven

Photos!
"I was spotting one day and M2 was hitting baseball sized dirt clods at 300yds away. DON'T F/K with an old man with a Garand... " RED DAWN

Sven

More Photos  O0

Sven

Minnesota's newest Rifleman, congratulations Chris!  ^:)^

chrisw

Thanks for getting these photos up so quick.  I had a great time over the weekend and definitely plan on doing another Appleseed.  I'd like to make Rifleman a couple more times!

Sven

Chris you're more than welcomed to come back and shoot Rifleman, after that though I'll begin bugging you to take an orange hat.  >:D

chrisw

Sounds good to me!  Say, I have your front post for those Tech Sights.  Do you need it back?  I don't  need that longer one you've got because I won't be sighting in anything closer than 25m so you're welcome to keep it.  If you want yours back, PM me and I'll ship it your way when I get a chance.

BuzzG

Thanks to all the shooters that spent their time and resources with us this weekend! We had a great time.
Here are a few pictures of the weekend.

Why yes, I can shoot like a girl. Good shooting Mary! Maybe you'll get to shoot a whole weekend next time.

Clint cleaning a RedCoat.

Charlie and Mike (Father, Son)

Chris with his clean RedCoat!

Chris with his Rifleman patch. Congratulations.

Shooters, your preparation period has ended.

Hope to see you all in September. Bring a friend with you!
Buzz

Sven

Drove down to Marshall's Redwood River Sportsman's Club Friday night through numerous rain showers and a couple of pretty good downpours, did not bode well for Saturday.  Unloaded my truck in the rain and turned in after a couple of hours of good conversation amongst fellow Appleseeders.  Saturday morning started out foggy and then overcast but the rain never came and Saturday turned into a nearly ideal day for instruction on rifle marksmanship and stories of American heritage.  Sunday was the same.  Thanks again to the Redwood River Sportsman's Club for their generous loan of their fine club house and pistol range for the weekend's Appleseed.   ;)  Also, a special thanks to Habs and Mary for once again demonstrating their awesome hospitality.  You guys make this an exceptional AS every time we get together.  O0

While two of our six preregistrants failed to show, we were presented with six walk-ons that gave us a total of ten shooters on the line for Saturday. 

Liz and Joe came down from the Cities and Liz progressed very well, I fully expect her to earn the coveted Rifleman's patch on her next attempt.  Joe picked up a lot and gained a new appreciation for the tech sight system.  He also picked up a Rifleman's Opportunity Card so I expect to see him soon with a fully tricked out LTR. 

Mike came in from Mankato and was joined by his dad Charlie from Decorah IA, good to see you guys again, Charlie has improved quite a bit and of course Mike is no slouch having earned his Rifleman's badge last time.  Hope you guys can make it back in September. 

Clint, a club officer, came back and had a complete LTR set up this time, which he used to good measure when he cleaned the Red Coat target!  Just a little shy of the Rifleman's score but I expect that he will continue to improve and I look forward to seeing him on the line again in September.   Thanks for your efforts in promoting Appleseed Clint. 

Chris and his friend Mike joined us on Saturday and took quickly to the instruction, Mike cleaned his Redcoat target Saturday afternoon and joined the illustrious ranks of Minnesota Riflemen on Sunday, way to go Chris, Mike progressed pretty well also and probably needs but another day to bring it about.  Hinckley isn't that far up the road, maybe next month.  :cool2:

Habs and Mary were both on the line, but as always Mary had to deal with competing commitments that took away good shooting time, that and a series of seemingly never ending equipment issues.  :wb:  Mary can shoot, she will get the Rifleman's patch, no doubt about it.   O0  Habs continued to routinely shoot Rifleman scores with his bolt action CZ, a most un-LTR rifle.  He accepted the Orange Hat of an Instructor with much encouragement from Kosciusko, who was in need of a replacement because he took the Red Hat!  Excellent!

Thanks to Kevin (Kosciusko) and Buzz for their great support this weekend.  Kevin, not only for demonstrating an in depth knowledge and stepping up to Red Hat, but also for his continued willingness to drive across country with an Appleseed store and spare rifles armory in his very full truck.  Buzz is not only a great instructor but has demonstrated himself a very good photographer, I think in the future I'll just leave my camera at home and rely on his artistic eye.

All in all, considering the number of less than desireable weekends weatherwise we've had this spring it would appear I got lucky two weeks in a row.  The people though are always good.  See you guys again on the Appleseed Trail.

Sven

Kevin (Kosciusko) takes the Red Hat!  O0

Sven

Habs signs on as an Orange Hat  ;)

AFTERMATH

Sounds like another epic event, Andy!  Too bad I missed it! 
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Sven

Finally a picture of Buzz, he was so busy taking pictures he wasn't in any.  But caught him and Habs on the 200 Yd line Saturday evening.