News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

..AAR Winslow, NJ June 11/12 2011..

Started by Josey Wales, June 13, 2011, 03:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josey Wales

..Fire fellow soldiers, for Gods sake FIRE................................

..Hearing the alarm on the morning of 19 April, John Buttrick was one of the first arrivals at the Green and as senior officer set about organizing the mustering companies. As his outnumbered force withdrew to Punkatasset Hill to await reenforcements, Col. Barrett chose Buttrick to be his ground commander. The quick promotion and sudden thrust into leadership would bring hazard and fame to the Major, for instead of being with the 2nd unit in the line of march to the Bridge, he would be in the forefront.

As the ranks grew to some 400 men, the colonials moved closer to the Bridge for ease of observation. While anxiously awaiting events to unfold, smoke was seen rising from Concord center and it was thought the town was being burned. Barrett gave the order to march and Buttrick, alongside Capt. Isaac Davis were in the lead positions.

At the Bridge, several warning shots were fired by the Regulars followed by a volley which killed Davis and Abner Hosmer. The American command to fire has historically been attributed to Buttrick who according to tradition leaped from the ground, partly turned to his men, shouted "Fire fellow soldiers, for God's sake, fire!", then discharged his musket.

..Let us not forget what we learned this weekend about our history and heritage.  Let us not forget to honor those who put it all on the line for the idea of Liberty.  Let us not forget that in order to honor those men and women who forged for us, we must be vigilant in being responsible citizens of our Constitutional Republic..

..Thank You to South Jersey Shooting Club in Winslow NJ, to their consistant dedication and support in providing Project Appleseed with a place to hold our events.  SJSC is an excellent range if you live in NJ and need a place to shoot please join the ranks of membership, put your money to support the cause. 
..This event was held on the 50 yard range and was 14 strong on Saturday and 10 strong on Sunday.  I have my eye on a few potential IIT's and can not wait for the day to hand out the Orange Hats.. Thank you to Jim and Jose for your dedication and persistence, you are almost there!!  Wayne K. & Oleg S. if you guys read this, please contact me (Josey Wales) 917 359 5606, for I would like to return a favor, Thank You!!.. Thank You to all our patron's for attending this event, with out you their can be no shooting line, Thank You..  It was so nice to meet new shooters and fellow Americans who come out to learn history and practice shooting skills, we had a great time..
..Thank You, brickhouse from W.Virgina, you are a wonderful asset to AS and it was great to see you again, please tell Spanner I say Hi!!..  Dwarven1 and Luv2bfree from Massachusetts, thank you so much for your dedication to the program, you came to NJ to help save a State of the Nation, and to help me Instruct, and a fine job was done, thank you..

..SJSC will host 2 more events for this year..
..September 17/18 2011..
..November 5/6 2011..
..Help us to fill the lines, help us to spread the word, get involved stay intouch..

.....Strength and Honor.........Join or Die...........................
....Josey Wales
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

sgtrock

Nick (JW)

You are doing a fine job, keep up the good work brother, I patiently wait, till I can work for you up north,,,

sgtrock

jmcglash

Let me see what we have...

The staff was great! We had loaders from New York, Massachusetts, and West Virgina.

NY, Josey Wales

MA, Luv2bfree and Dwarven1

WV, brickhouse

I hope these load in order...

"We only have a short time to live, so it is essential to do things that are worthwhile and to do them now."
~  Lord Robert Baden-Powell

jmcglash

Dwarven1 gave a moving second strike. I can not begin to do justice to the passion he brings to the telling. Everyone brings something new to the telling but every once and a while expectations get reset. The telling we were provided was one of the moments I will remember for a very long time. Thank You.
"We only have a short time to live, so it is essential to do things that are worthwhile and to do them now."

jmcglash

Even though we had a little rain on Saturday, well ok it dumped for a little while, you just cant hydrate enough when the sun is out.

jmcglash

We had a nice line. Twenty wide and enough room so the brass was just a light misting every now and then. Sunday was a bit thinner. Just don't ask brickhouse where this picture was taken from, DOH!

jmcglash

Trigger control is key. Squeeeeeeze - followthrough - reset

jmcglash

I cant believe I forgot the range and line. We were blessed with a great range and the line can not be beat.

jmcglash

It's funny. I grew up in northern New Jersey and now live in the center of the state. I head south over a hundred miles to our only current NJ shoot location and I learn we have our first elected official at a NJ shoot. Down from the far north or MY HOME TOWN! It was a pleasure. If all goes well I will be staying at Mom and Dada for a shoot in the future.

jmcglash

We had four junior shooters (OK well one was JUST barely a jr) but they kept it real and made their parents proud.

As they say a rifleman persists.

My daughter (Shoots like a girl!) didn't hit the backer on her first mag, prone, from a rest. She was so upset I was afraid I may have made this the worst birthday to date. A rifleman persists. before the weekend was over she shot a 197 off the bipod a she was ready for a full and proper AQT. The rifle was at the ragged edge for her weight wise and the first transition was rough but my girl made me proud. This is getting to be costly now I need another rifle. Bummer  @)

We also has a future shot boss, instructor (undercover SB), and family members.

jmcglash

Jose may not be a kid other than in his heart. I was good to see you again.

jmcglash

Hey I found a picture of Honeybadger.I guess brickhouse was behind the camera for that one or I really have lost my mind because I do not recall taking the ten or so pictures around this one.

jmcglash

There were no rifleman this weekend.

Nick, Ross, Alix, and Betsy, Sorry I just didn't keep it together but a rifleman persists and I will as well. I dropped two on stage four with a 204. Either one and I shoulda, woulda, coulda, been a rifleman. It means I get to shoot more :---

There were a few patches presented though...

jmcglash

If anyone there wants a photo of their back or butt pm me. I took a lot of pictures where the "subject" is very small in a sea of backs or butts. I forgot about the zoom on the camera, sigh, next time.

Thank you all for another great appleseed. I look forward to sharing the line with you all again.

Have fun, Be well,
Jim

Honeybadger

Go Jose! So close to getting rifleman several times. Keep pursuing!

Perfect shooting weather Sunday morning. It was almost chilly!

Thanks for the pictures, Jmcglash! They are all awesome. I finally have a picture to put on my profile. Haha
Live. Love. Laugh. Learn.

Another D.O.M.

There is great & wonderful work going on in South Jersey, to be sure!

The photos add the perfect touch to this weekend Appleseed in the Garden State.

Nick - you're building your legacy there in Jersey!  Thanks so much for getting her back on The Appleseed Trail.  It's great to see that Matthew was able to attend this Appleseed as well.

Thanks also goes to brickhouse, dwarven1 and luv2Bfree for helping to make this a memorable and educational experience for the shooters.  Keep up the great work!

And Honeybadger - howdjya shoot?
MJA
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

Dakota

Great Job again Guys!
Sorry I missed this one, but I'll be back in the fall! 8)
Who is that guy? Is it Nick's twin brother with no beard?
What a great facility, if anyone in the Garden State hasn't been there, you don't know what you're missing!
"A fine marksman with a second rate rifle is far more effective than the reverse." - Colonel Jeff Cooper

How good are YOU, with YOUR rifle, Today?

"If the prospect of having your thumb hit by the bolt is unacceptable do not attempt to load your Garand"-Springfield M1 Garand owners manual

R.I.P "DAKOTA" My Buddy 1/24/01 - 6/23/12

R1SGx2

Nice Job by all.
New to Appleseed? Welcome. You were with some fine Instructors.

Please pass the word,
Appleseed - Where good people come together to save a nation.

Thumbs up to all.  O0 O0
"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."

B9

Quote from: Dakota on June 15, 2011, 08:43:58 AM
Who is that guy? Is it Nick's twin brother with no beard?

Must be Nick's son as he looks 20 years younger. :P

The South Jersey Club is a great place and they have done a ton of work making it that way.
"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

dwarven1

Finally got some time to get the pics up.

The Outlaw Shoot Boss Josey Wales

Aren shoots like a girl...

Matthew is a Young Patriot - gotta give Aren and Matthew credit - they stuck with it all weekend. And at 11 years old, too.

Honeybadger came out to shoot, too... even if she's not under 18. :-)

I think this was Mia's first shoot - the noise bothered her at first but she did stick with it. A Rifleman persists.

Luv2BFree runs the line while shooters Todd, Al, Honeybadger, Jose, Jim, Ben, Mia and Lou (at the far end) shoot standing.

Honeybadger shooting seated.

Southpaw Todd looking for Redcoats

A Rifleman persists... Al wasn't comfortable in seated so kneeling it is.

Shooter Jose swapping mags... Jose was flirting with Rifleman all weekend but just couldn't put it together.

Councilman Lou - the first elected official I've ever had at one of the shoots I've worked. Ditched his fancy scoped (but slingless) rifle for one of my loaners... the one I fondly refer to as "Beater". Cleaned the final Redcoat of the day with it, too.

14 year old Mia shooting prone. Got that knee waaaaay up!

Designated sniper Aren.

Honeybadger and Todd shooting prone.

Unhappy it is ... to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast, and that the once happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by slaves. Sad alternative! But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?

GEORGE WASHINGTON