News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Coeur d'Alene, ID June 11-12, 2011

Started by Evenstar, June 13, 2011, 03:13:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evenstar

Thought I'd get the ball rolling here. :)

Yet another fantastic Appleseed weekend! Thanks again to the FRGC for hosting us! We ended up having beautiful weather all weekend, despite the rain both nights, and in the early mornings.

Thank you to all of the attendees for coming out to spend a weekend at the range learning about your Heritage. It was a pleasure working with all of you, and I'll look forward to seeing you all back on the line soon.

John, Kate, and Colton, it was great to meet each of you. You all saw lots of improvement; all of you were knocking on the door with those AQT scores. It'll be awesome to work with you guys again, and see those three rifleman patches awarded. ;)

Judy and Ronald, thanks for putting up with me all of Saturday. ;D I enjoyed working with you guys, and getting those scopes figured out (well, one of them **)). I'm glad that new scope worked out for you, Ronald. With some dry-fire practice, I have no doubt that you guys will improve even more at the next event. Judy, your enthusiasm was contagious! :cool2:

Joe, congrats on that Rifleman patch! O0 (Orange hat, orange hat.)

Eric, congratulations on re-qualifying. It was great to have you back on the line, and an honor to shoot beside you. It might also be mentioned that Eric hit the 1,200 yard gong. Just saying. ^:)^ Nice shootin', and thank you for your service.

Mike, it was great to work with you as well. Get some dry-fire practice in, and come on back. A Rifleman persists! O0

Overall, we had a fantastic group out in CdA this weekend. We had an attentive crowd, who were eager, not only to hear the marksmanship instruction, but also the history. John, this is the first shoot I've been to that a first-time Appleseeder answered the question "Where was the War for Independence won?" with the EXACT answer we were looking for. O0 O0 O0

Instructors, it's always a pleasure; see you all soon. And Rizzin, thanks for the use of your Canon. ;)

Pictures soon...
'Pictures... or it didn't happen!' &)

"What we do in life echoes in eternity.

"All we must decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

"She is worth the wait. When she lifts her head - she smiles!" - Earl

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11
Medical Lake, WA - July 31, 2011

Roland

Seeing as my rifle is cleaned and put away...

Instructors, as always, great to work with all of you. You guys (and gal) are the best!

Joe, my friend, great to have you back, and better to see you get that patch.

Eric, it is always an honor to work with a veteran. And it was good to see you re qualify. And that was some incredible shooting on the 1100 yard gong.

John, Kate, and Colton, it was great to work with you all through the weekend. I trust that with some practice, you can all make rifleman the next shoot.

Mike, sorry you had so many equipment problems. Remember, dry fire is your best friend.

Judy and Ronald, I saw some real improvement. Hope my cleaning lessons helped you guys out!

That's All i have for now... Waiting for pictures... hint hint

Roland/Dirk
The doorway to freedom is framed by the muskets that stood between a vision of of liberty and absolute anarchy at a place called Concord Bridge--Charlton Heston, 1997

"Be a man of principle. Fight for what you believe in. Keep your word. Live with integrity. Be brave. Believe in something bigger than yourself. Serve your country. Teach. Mentor. Give something back to society. Lead from the front. Conquer your fears. Be a good friend. Be humble and be self-confident. Appreciate your friends and family. Be a leader and not a follower. Be valorous on the field of battle. And take responsibility for your actions. Never forget those that were killed. And never let rest those that killed them." -- Major Douglas Zembiec

Evenstar

OK, here are some of the pics... EERT, if you could PM me your email address, I can get you the safe rifle and 6 Steps pictures for your power-point. O0 More pictures on Rizzin's camera; either he or I will post those later.

Saturday morning at the range

Can't forget our little buddy... :)

Instruction on 6 Steps

Kate!

Rizzin did a fantastic job with IMC

Eert coaches Kate

Artsy shots ::)

Kate had such a good prone position that she was willing to demo for the prone recap on Sunday O0

Prescott's dummy rounds were great for ball and dummy drill

Eric shooting his AR

Me shooting an AR... and Eric's brass flying

Shoot boss got to shoot KD

Brother and sister shooting AR's!

Eric shot at the 1,200 (1,100?) yard gong...

...which is up in that clearing. He hit it too! O0

Da crew!

Joe and Dirk (photo courtesy of Still Learnin) ;)

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11

Roland

Why are my eyes ALWAYS closed in the instructor picture...
The doorway to freedom is framed by the muskets that stood between a vision of of liberty and absolute anarchy at a place called Concord Bridge--Charlton Heston, 1997

"Be a man of principle. Fight for what you believe in. Keep your word. Live with integrity. Be brave. Believe in something bigger than yourself. Serve your country. Teach. Mentor. Give something back to society. Lead from the front. Conquer your fears. Be a good friend. Be humble and be self-confident. Appreciate your friends and family. Be a leader and not a follower. Be valorous on the field of battle. And take responsibility for your actions. Never forget those that were killed. And never let rest those that killed them." -- Major Douglas Zembiec

eert

Greetings,

I emailed targets out to the folks who requested them.  Please let me know if you didn't receive them. 

It was great working with all of you and I hope to see you again on the AS trail!

Rizzin- thanks for taking so much of the line calling duty Sunday.  That Shoot Boss works those IIT 3's and 4's hard!  I got a lot more time with shooters than I usually get!

EERT

OnlyHitsCount

Soooo disappointed that I was unable to make it this weekend!  :'(   Hayden's baseball team just wouldn't give up and lose so that we could come!  I guess winning the championship game was worth sticking around for!    ^:)^

Evenstar, the photos are fantastic and the scenery so inviting.  What a beautiful setting to take in, along with the history and heritage.

Eric, that is some impressive shooting!   :bow:  I would like to see hear that sometime!   :o

Looks like a fantastic crew to work with.  Miss you all and I am looking forward to seeing you later this month!   O0

OnlyHitsCount
That I may proclaim with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all Your wondrous works.  Psalm 26:7

The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand

Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.  - John the Baptist

God doesn't believe in atheists.  (Romans 1:20)

Rizzin

Its always fun to come home and see what presents are left on my camera after an Appleseed weekend and this weekend was no different. Thanks to all the other instructors for making free with my camera and leaving me with some good pictures.

So a small sampling of the 182 pictures from my camera

Sat morning prone demo with Evenstar & Eert

Shoot Boss calls the line

Saturday's Line

Reformed Redneck's 1st Strike

Evenstar's 2nd strike

Target Line

RR & Evenstar demo sitting

RR & Eert demo standing

RR & Eert demo standing

Rizzin & Eert

Sun Morning sighter squares

Evenstar and Eric shooting AR's

Evenstar Requal with AR

Eert with Known Distance

The 100, 200 & 300 yard lines for KD

The 25, 100, 200 & 300 yard lines for KD

Another shot of the instructors (just for you Roland  :) )

Lots of pictures I skipped just because my camera could easily take over the whole thread

Roland

dragit

Man, ya'll have a beautiful location.  I miss those northwestern mountain ranges.  My wife and I took a 5 month trip in that area 16 years ago using gazetteers to find the backroads with streams along them.  No one around but the wildlife.  Mountain spring water has a completely different taste.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.  Goethe

Sarah Belding: Be careful. You're a man who makes people afraid, and that's dangerous.
The Stranger: It's what people know about themselves inside that makes 'em afraid.

His genius was to promote collective action in the cause of freedom... Fischer

Mr.Freedom

Coeur d'Alene, ID Rocks!!! What more can I say???
Don't Ever Forget 9/11

I Pray Not For An Easy Life, But That I Become A Strong Person.

THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph Thomas Paine

Evenstar

For sure, CdA is an absolutely gorgeous location, and a very special place to Appleseed. I am proud to call it my (adopted) home range. ;)

Just a note: I'll be getting some more pictures up on a photobucket, just as soon as I can download the rest of the pics this weekend.

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11

Johnnyappleseed

Great photo's almost like being there O0  I wish  ;D
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

sapper524

Good shoot, well run, good quality instruction, nice range, and good weather ... what more could you ask for.  Nice pics as well.  Wish the bum leg would handle two days but all the stand up, walk down range, kneel, stand, prone, stand ... the bum leg just doesn't hold up for both days.  Got a couple more people to bring to the August shoot so hoping for good weather.  Ringin the steel with Reformed Redneck was good times.  Hope Evenstar didn't get any brass burns shooting to my right.  Look forward to the next shoot and more history ... see you on the line.
US Army / Retired
SAPPER-DZ