News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

2011 Porcfest Shoot - DALTON, NH, June 23-24 - THURSDAY & FRIDAY

Started by Firewall99, June 13, 2011, 11:53:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firewall99

The Porcfest shoot at Dalton, NH, which is a few minutes away from Rogers Campground in Lancaster where Porcfest takes place, is really shaping up this year.  We have 10 shooters registered already, with more expected.  The FSP gave us a whole spread in their newsletter, which made a lot of difference.

If you have never been to Porcfest and have a day job, sooner or later you really need to put some vacation time down on the calendar and plan for it, because it is a THURSDAY/FRIDAY SHOOT.

Porcfest is now a full week event, beginning on Monday.  For those with day jobs, to help you plan vacation time for next years Porcfest, Porcfest occurs on the third week in June every year.

If you are unfamiliar with the Free State Project's annual summer Porcupine Freedom Festival, I invite you to go to the FSP site and read about it.  Here's the link:  http://porcfest.com/

INSTRUCTORS NEEDED

Ninsho is away on business and Downrange can't get away from his job.  Crak might not be able to, either.

Therefore, I'm expanding the call to all Appleseed New England MI's, SI's, and Instructors.  If you see this and know of any other instructor(s) who might be available during the week to help out, please forward this message to them.  Come on, folks, I really need some help here.  We've already got 10 shooters this year, with more expected, and I've got no one signed up to help instruct.

PORCFEST IS AWESOME

Porcfest is shaping up to be one of the best ever.  The FSP has booked the entire campground, and over 1000 people will be attending this year.  The free market Agora will be bigger than ever!  On Saturday night Soapbox Idol, where average people get up and rant, to be graded in real time by the crowd and the moderators--sometimes brutally--  will be huge, and there will be music each night (to a reasonable hour!).  There will be events ALL WEEK, even some weddings.  Most of us are planning to arrive on Monday this year to enjoy the entire week.

So bring your camper, tent or RV, and lets party!  If you've got a big enough RV, bring some friends and/or other instructors.
"The timid and fearful cannot defend liberty or anything else." - G. Edward Griffin, author of The Creature from Jekyll Island and founder of Freedom Force International (www.freedom-force.org)

"You make the decision now to be afraid, and you will never turn back--your whole life, you will always be afraid."
-- From "Unbreakable"

The litany against fear is an incantation used by the Bene Gesserit in Dune to focus their minds and calm themselves in times of peril. The litany is as follows:

I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
    Only I will remain.

"Take away fear, and the battle of Freedom is half won." - William Ralp