News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Bloomington, IL Appleseed, June 4-5, 2011

Started by TheEditor, June 06, 2011, 01:26:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheEditor

A fun and successful shoot!  Riflemen persist, and these students did just that.  Scorching, baking heat Saturday, Thunderstorms Sunday morning, getting hotter and sunnier from noon on.  And the shooters were getting better from noon on, too. 

2 new riflemen, including 14 year old Eric with a bolt .22.  2 requalified Riflemen, with several others at 200 or better.  Lots of ROC cards issued, so lots will be persisting to the Rifleman level. 

Thanks to the sponsor of this shoot, GunsSaveLife.com, for paying the range fees and providing some cool drinks, and also for promoting the shoot.  34 shooters Saturday, 24 Sunday. 

I will post a few pictures tomorrow, but any participants who took some, feel free to post them or chime in with any comments. 

The Editor
T
John N.
Author of "50 Things You Didn't Learn in School - But Should Have"
www.heuristicbooks.com

Rimshot

Thanks for letting me crash the party for part of this weekend.  Darnall's is a top notch facility!  It was a real honor to spend some time this weekend vising with some outstanding Illinoisians.  You are all invited to visit an Indiana shoot (Riley and Cloverdale are both near Terre Haute) anytime! 

Hearty congratulations to the new Riflemen. I'm sorry I wasn't there to see it.
"Hearing the story of our Heritage told with just dry facts is like hearing Romeo & Juliet through autopsy reports." - Fred

"In 1775, to protect Liberty a man had to knock on his neighbor's door and ask "will you come die with me?"  In 2012, to protect Liberty a man has to knock on his neighbor's door and ask "will you come vote/attend a public meeting/work at a poll with me?"  Jason Russell, and men and women like him, are the reason have a easier task in 2012. The question is, are we up to it?" - YHJ

EEL

Editor,
Nice job!  Way to hang in there.  Yes, Darnall's is a great place to have a shoot.  Thanks to all that persisted throughout the weekend.

EEL
Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

Brother_COM

Had a great time, but MAN was it hot! I suppose not half as hot as our men & women serving in Iraq and Afghanistan.
I brought mt daughter Abby SAturday. She's just a little thing, but with a bi-pod she can smack those 1" black squares 7 times out of 10!
And most importantly, (to me that is,) I came back Sunday afternoon and I GOT MY RIFLEMAN'S PATCH! I was QUITE sure I shot 220 Saturday, but my neighboring shooter put 5 or 6 extra holes in my AQT.  :~ That's not really conducive to getting a patch. So I came back Sunday and shot the AQT cold turkey. Those were the only 40 shots I took that day! ^:)^ I thought I'd gotten a 219, not bad... but when I got home and looked closer I actually got a 223, I'm just glad I didn't get exactly 210  ^-^ I told my wife this was cause for celebration.... she said, "do we get to go out to eat?" and I said, "no dear... this means I need to buy a new mini-14"  :sos: Pray for me.
BTW anybody have one for sale?

The shoot boss and helpers were great as always! Thanks again! You guys and gals make it all happen! Without you, there would be NO Appleseed Project! Three Hoo-Zahs for you!

Missouri Brigade

Brother_COM, congrats on your accomplishment!  Keep seventh stepping and posting on your efforts as the forum is where we coordinate things.

Brother_COM

Sir, Yes Sir MB! I'll keep you posted! .... what exactly is 7th stepping???? ???

Brother_COM

TheEditor

I can help here; you had to leave early so you missed my closing remarks. 

There are six steps to firing the shot.  Master them, and you can shoot to Rifleman standards. 

The Seventh Step involves making sure that the heritage of the American Rifleman never dies. 

The Seventh Step is:  Shoot, Recruit, Educate, and Communicate. 

Shoot:  Keep shooting; don't go back to sitting on the couch. 

Recruit:  Come to more Appleseeds, and bring a car load of those who have not yet learned the skills or the heritage. 

Educate:  teach others what you know.  Consider becoming an Appleseed instructor, for instance. 

Communicate:  Paul Revere was able to spread the word to 14,000 people in 12 hours.  How many could you turn out in defense of Liberty?  Start communicating and networking; don't hide what you know under a rock. 

There's a lot more, but those are the basics of Seventh Stepping. 

See you at McLean!

TE
John N.
www.heuristicbooks.com

Brother_COM

Ah ha! TE... I understand. Thanks! I sure am glad seventh stepping isn't some new fangled dance ya'll do when somebody scores 210 on AQT  ^:)^  ..:..  :o

BTW I am almost out of the promotional brochures Worstmacher gave me at Chillicothe. Can one of you guys bring me more at the McLean shoot?

So nobody has a Mini 14 for sale?  :'(   I guess I'll have to buy a new one.  ::)

Long live America! (The way it was founded that is!) In liberty and freedom!

Brother_COM

TheEditor

How about some pictures? 

I finally found my camera.

TE

Thanks to our sponsor, GunsSaveLife.com, who paid the range fees (would otherwise have been $20 per shooter per day) and provided coolers full of drinks. 

John N.
www.heuristicbooks.com

TheEditor

Rimshot doing some one on one with a Sunday walk-on.

John N.
www.heuristicbooks.com

PXHero

Thanks for the great shoot guys!  I had a blast shooting my WASR-10 (I was the only AK shooter there) though I didn't make Rifleman, it's something th 'shoot' for...   ;)
-PX-

Brother_COM

John plz bring me a 50 things book to the McLean shoot. K?
How much$$?
Brother_COM

TheEditor

I'll bring one.  $17 FRN.  I'll even sign it, if you don't think that will reduce the value too much...

TE
John N.
www.heuristicbooks.com