News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Marine Corps Poolees

Started by professor gun, June 02, 2011, 11:17:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

professor gun

For the upcoming Appleseed at La Crosse Rifle Club June 25 and 26 I have been working to get Marine Corps Poolees from the local recruiter to attend.  One problem that has come up in the past is that most of these young people do not have a rifle and cannot afford ammo.
To solve that issue I approached the membership of the La Crosse Rifle Club and asked for loaner AR-15s or Ruger 10/22s as well as donations to buy ammo for the poolees to use or donations of factory ammo.  The response of the members has been 7 AR-15s, 4 Ruger 10/22s, and enough ammo donated (or money to purchase ammo) that we have enough ammo to support use of all 11 rifles for both days of Appleseed.
I have invited the Marine Sergeant who is the recruiter to participate as well and have promised him one of the AR-15s plus ammo if he does.  My thinking is that once we get one of the recruiters out to experience an Appleseed, they will have interest in us running a Military Appleseed for them at some point. ;D
Other rifle club members have promised ammunition and I am sure they will make good on their promise.
Semper Fi!
Honoring my ancestor, Seth Hall, of the Massachusetts Militia for his sacrifices during our American Revolution that helped to provide freedom for all Americans.

Blue Five

"Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" ~Captain John Parker, April 19, 1775.

Molōn labe! :--- 

Wade

I know that my Marine Sons score went up 49 points in one Appleseed weekend ,,,wanna Really get the Sarg to come to a shoot offer to let him shoot an M-14.

Wade
Got Tired of looking for a Rifle Range So we Dug one up!
WOOF!
4 box's #1 the soap box#2 the letter box #3 the ballot box #4 the cartridge box, The founding fathers picked up the Cartridge box so that WE could use the first 3,,IMO If you don't use those 3 then you dishonour the founding Fathers !

Kosciusko

If  you need more loaners, I have a pair of Marlin 795s, and some 10/22s, all w/ Tech Sights.  could scare up an AR-15 w/ a CMMG conversion as well.  Let me know.

professor gun

Wade, that is an excellent idea.  I just sent the Sgt an e-mail offering just that; use of my M1A and I provide the ammo :~
I also gave him the option of using my M1 Garand as well.  Hopefully he will take me up on it.  I think that if we can get any of the recruiters out to an Appleseed they will be sold on the value of this instruction.

Kosciusko, thank you for the offer.  I will keep it in mind as we try to get the Marine Corps Poolees out to Appleseed and will let you know.  Much appreciation!
Honoring my ancestor, Seth Hall, of the Massachusetts Militia for his sacrifices during our American Revolution that helped to provide freedom for all Americans.

Wade

I pretty much got the Idea from my son ( a Marine) when he does get home  he does not want to shoot an AR  he wants to shoot  "a Rifle with some power".

Wade
Got Tired of looking for a Rifle Range So we Dug one up!
WOOF!
4 box's #1 the soap box#2 the letter box #3 the ballot box #4 the cartridge box, The founding fathers picked up the Cartridge box so that WE could use the first 3,,IMO If you don't use those 3 then you dishonour the founding Fathers !