News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Colebrook Ct, May 29th.

Started by TOMINCT, May 30, 2011, 12:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TOMINCT

The day started with a heavy overcast. It didn't diminish the enthusiasm of the shooters though. Eight shooters with varying degrees of experience attended to learn more about marksmanship and our heritage to the first one day shoot at NWCSA. Although the day grew warmer most of the shooters persevered and left with a better understanding of what it means to become riflemen. Several of them plan to return to future shoots later this year.

We had a great ratio of instructors to students which helped immensely. Things ran smoothly throughout the day with groups getting better during the course of instruction. Special thanks go out to the instructors as they made it easier for more of the attendees to learn the fundamentals with the use of loaned equipment.

Yours truly started the history with the first strike at lunch break. CortJestir told the 2nd at an afternoon break and I finished with the 3rd later in the day. The benediction and 7th step included a message on Memorial Day and to remember them, always, for what they've done for our freedom.

I'd also like to thank the club, Northwest Ct. sportsman's assn. for the use of their range. NWCSA has been a strong supporter of Appleseed for several years and has another one day shoot scheduled there for July 2nd.

There should be pics up shortly. Regards, Tom.
crak's battle road IBC 10-09
Ramseur 2-12!
ninsho's battle road IBC 6-13

LymiSeede

Pictures from Colebrook shoot on May 29th.
'A bit of fragrance clings to the hand that gives flowers.' - Chinese Proverb

CortJestir

A well-run event thanks to TOMINCT, freedomwon, The Log, Who_Me? and LymiSeede, and of course, our group of persistent and attentive students!

Mother Nature really never gave us time here in CT to get used to the warm weather, huh? One week it's 50's and the next it's in the 80's. I know I was feeling it and it wasn't even that hot outside!

At any rate, we had some great shooters including two fellas both named David. I was most impressed by David on the right side of the line who was shooting the Ruger 10/22 with stock open sights hitting 4-5 MOA after having only just learned steady hold factors in the morning. The other David was hitting tight groups too.

Thanks to the NWCSA for their hospitality yet again. And I hear the expansion of the 200 yard range is expected to start soon. Can't wait for full distance AQTs here in CT!!

I don't have many pics (Thanks, LymiSeede, for filling in!) but I did take a few of freedomwon's "space guns." It's always a treat when Phil comes to a shoot toting his gear.

Here's his more-than-run-of-the-mill Mini-14 that he trotted out this weekend:

And here's a pic of Phil shooting it:

Seriously though, I know we all have good time ribbing Phil's gear but the man has some exquisite taste to match the high quality of his teaching and skill with a boomstick.  ;)
CT Appleseed Facebook Page

"I hate quotations. Tell me what you know." - Ralph Waldo Emerson :D