News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Lewiston, Idaho, May 28-29, 2011

Started by Western Rose, May 30, 2011, 12:10:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Western Rose

Thank you to the Lewis-Clarck Wildlife Club for hosting another Appleseed!

Jodi, it was great to work with you. Thanks for coming out!

TruT, thanks for coming to the shoot at the last minutes notice!

I have pictures from the weekend, but I haven't got them on the computer yet. Will edit this post with them once I've got them sorted.

Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

TruTenacity

Yes, thank you Lewis-Clark Wildlife Club and thank you Bob for the BBQ Hamburgers!

Jody, it was fun working with you.  Can't wait to have you on the line again.

As always, it's fun being on the line and instructing with family members.  Good job on the SB duties, WR.

I'm thankful for having a bit of shooting time myself.  Shooting the AR-15 with .223 ammo has me hooked!  Too bad the ammo cost so much.   :'(

"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

Western Rose

Quote from: TruTenacity on May 30, 2011, 07:21:56 PM
[....] thank you Bob for the BBQ Hamburgers!

How could I have forgotten to mention the hamburgers?!?! I have not eaten that many hamburgers since...... well... probably since the last Lewiston shoot!!! Thank you Bob for once again making amazing hamburgers for us. O0 ^:)^

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

50th Appleseed

Western Rose

OK, here are some pictures.

The rest are posted on photobucket.
Link to the photobucket album: http://s879.photobucket.com/albums/ab354/April191775/Lewiston%20ID%20%20May%202011/
The password is "Appleseed2011".

The weather on Saturday was beautiful

TruT teaching the Six Steps

Jodi shooting prone

Working on the sling

IMC

Shooting under the watchful eyes of two instructors

Trying out sitting

Shooting together

Standing....

On Sunday, TruT got to try out her anniversary present and Jodi brought out her AR. They enjoyed shooting KD together.

For some reason or another, I was the one sent out to the KD target line...... :o ::)

This is the very first thing people see when they walk into the Lewis-Clark Wildlife Clubhouse. They are situated right above the drinkable water.

50th Appleseed

Western Rose

And then a few random pictures....

There are several more, but if you want to see those, you'll have to go to photobucket because I'm not going to post all of them.

50th Appleseed

Roland

The doorway to freedom is framed by the muskets that stood between a vision of of liberty and absolute anarchy at a place called Concord Bridge--Charlton Heston, 1997

"Be a man of principle. Fight for what you believe in. Keep your word. Live with integrity. Be brave. Believe in something bigger than yourself. Serve your country. Teach. Mentor. Give something back to society. Lead from the front. Conquer your fears. Be a good friend. Be humble and be self-confident. Appreciate your friends and family. Be a leader and not a follower. Be valorous on the field of battle. And take responsibility for your actions. Never forget those that were killed. And never let rest those that killed them." -- Major Douglas Zembiec

Evenstar

SNAKE!!! :o :o :o LOL

I like the first of the random pictures.

Looks like fun - Idaho's first Ladyseed (by default!). ;D ;)
'Pictures... or it didn't happen!' &)

"What we do in life echoes in eternity.

"All we must decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

"She is worth the wait. When she lifts her head - she smiles!" - Earl

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11
Medical Lake, WA - July 31, 2011

Western Rose

Quote from: Evenstar on May 31, 2011, 01:24:31 PM
SNAKE!!! :o :o :o LOL

It was only...... as long as from my finger tip to shoulder.... and about as thick as three of my fingers put together..... :P

The photobucket link is up now.

50th Appleseed