News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Castle Rock, WA 28/29 May 11

Started by Joni, May 29, 2011, 01:42:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joni

Just to get this thread started!
Tionico, congratulations on your red hat, so sorry I was not there to see you get it!
Congratulations to our new rifleman, great job.
Here are a few pictures of the 28th that Theophilus took.
Joni

Joni

Here a few more pictures:

Joni

Here are more pics of May 28th.

Joni

Here is the last of them!

Joni

29 May 11 pictures:
Congratulations to Ken on repeated rifleman scores and for taking the orange hat!
Congratulations to Renee for her rifleman score, and Roy for his! WOW!! Now Tracy will be right behind you! Maybe even Hannah and the boys!!
Congratulations to Lori for her rifleman score - what a weekend, wish I could have been there!

Joni

kenjo

Thanks for the pictures--this was my second Appleseed and I really enjoyed it (especially earning the Rifleman patch the orange hat). Now, on to the instructor training program... ^:)^

Ken
"At what point then is the approach of danger to be expected? I answer, if it ever reach us, it must spring up amongst us. It cannot come from abroad. If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide."  Abraham Lincoln

TruTenacity

Congratulations to all on a great event.
New Riflemen.
New Red Hat.
New Orange Hat.

Yippie!!!

Ken!!!!  I had the privilege of being one of the Instructors helping you on the line in Bickleton.  Thanks so much for attending another Appleseed event and for taking on the Orange Hat.  I can't wait to work an event with you.  You can always make a boarder raid and join us in Idaho. (hint, hint)
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

Wade

I had Really wanted to be there ,,But my work took me out Boder Raiding  :o in  Bowling green MO.
So even tho I was not there I was not out slackin   I was working the line ..

Wade
Got Tired of looking for a Rifle Range So we Dug one up!
WOOF!
4 box's #1 the soap box#2 the letter box #3 the ballot box #4 the cartridge box, The founding fathers picked up the Cartridge box so that WE could use the first 3,,IMO If you don't use those 3 then you dishonour the founding Fathers !

Reformed Redneck

Congratulations Ken! A rifleman persists.
Congratulations to the other new riflemen also. Hope to meet you on the Trail.

Reformed Redneck
I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the chains.

"...Of Zebulon, such as went forth to battle, expert in war, with all instruments of war...which could keep rank: they were not of double heart..."

06en

What another Wonderful weekend at the Castle Rock DAR ! It was great to see Hannah, Gabe Ben and Roy back out and shoot for both days  ^:)^ . On top of that, Roy shot his first Rifleman Score  ^:)^  ^:)^  ^:)^ .

Congradulations to our 2 Riflewomen, Laurie and Renee (sorry, I spell badly too)  & our other Rifleman and new Orange Hat stepping up to the plate, Ken  ^:)^  ^:)^  ^:)^ .

Lots of shooters on the line who were knocking at the door for sure. Keep up the practice Jason and Josh.

Scott, thanks again for bringing the family out and for the lead on another host range.

Sue and Jan, I suspect to see you two back with Laurie.

Thanks to eveyone else who found it within themselves to spend a day or two shooting out on the range and taking in our Shared Heritage and History.

Wade you were sorely missed, but I'm sure you will more than make up for it at a later date.

Evenstar

Hey Uncle Nicky! Congrats on that shiny new RED HAT!!! O0 O0 O0
'Pictures... or it didn't happen!' &)

"What we do in life echoes in eternity.

"All we must decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

"She is worth the wait. When she lifts her head - she smiles!" - Earl

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11
Medical Lake, WA - July 31, 2011

Western Rose

Looks like a fantastic event!!!

Joni, thanks for all of the pictures for those of us who couldn't be there!

Congratulations to all of the Rifleman, the Orange Hat, and the Red Hat!
Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

GoldFish

Excuse me for cyber border raiding in a big way here, but
CLAAANNNGGG!!!  CONGRATS TIONICO on the Crimson Cap!!! O0  I hope to work with you again sometime soon. ;)

"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity

Josh

What an awesome weekend! 

A huge thank you to the volunteers that made this happen, and to Wade for hosting and letting us camp for free.  You guys rock!!!

-Josh

kenjo

Quote from: TruTenacity on May 30, 2011, 08:55:38 PM
Ken!!!!  I had the privilege of being one of the Instructors helping you on the line in Bickleton.  Thanks so much for attending another Appleseed event and for taking on the Orange Hat.  I can't wait to work an event with you.  You can always make a boarder raid and join us in Idaho. (hint, hint)

I remember you! Thanks to your help, and from the other instructors at Bickleton and Castle Rock, I went from cook to 5 rifleman scores in one weekend--I attribute that to the great instruction I had both weekends. PS, I would have had more rifleman scores, but my sights worked loose, the wind came up, my eyes started to cross, the dog ate my target...never mind the excuses, I had a great time. I'm looking forward to working with you and the other orange, red, blue hats, etc. at future events. My next AS will probably be Castle Rock in July. Idaho, you say? Well, I can hook up the trailer again and point the Explorer east...   ..:..
"At what point then is the approach of danger to be expected? I answer, if it ever reach us, it must spring up amongst us. It cannot come from abroad. If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide."  Abraham Lincoln

kenjo

Quote from: Wade on May 30, 2011, 09:46:38 PM
I had Really wanted to be there ,,But my work took me out Boder Raiding  :o in  Bowling green MO.

Wade

Wade,
I didn't get to meet you at the Castle Rock AS last weekend since you were on the road, but I wanted to say "thanks!" for providing the range for us to use. I'm looking forward to meeting you at a future event.

Ken

Roland

Tionico, great job on that shiny new red hat! You moved up fast! Looking forward to seeing most of you all at the AIBC.

Roland/Dirk
The doorway to freedom is framed by the muskets that stood between a vision of of liberty and absolute anarchy at a place called Concord Bridge--Charlton Heston, 1997

"Be a man of principle. Fight for what you believe in. Keep your word. Live with integrity. Be brave. Believe in something bigger than yourself. Serve your country. Teach. Mentor. Give something back to society. Lead from the front. Conquer your fears. Be a good friend. Be humble and be self-confident. Appreciate your friends and family. Be a leader and not a follower. Be valorous on the field of battle. And take responsibility for your actions. Never forget those that were killed. And never let rest those that killed them." -- Major Douglas Zembiec

Ducko

Looks like a great weekend, Congrats to Nick on the nice Red Hat, Thanks Joni for the pictures,  thanks Ken for taking the Orange Hat and look forward to working with you. Congrats to the new rifleman and riflewoman good job!  Thanks RL for being the Shoot Boss,
Ducko
Don't wait, go to the sound of the rifles and get involved! 

We are not to expect to be transported from despotism to Liberty in a feather bed!
Thomas Jefferson

Wade

Quote from: kenjo on June 01, 2011, 12:44:45 AM
Quote from: Wade on May 30, 2011, 09:46:38 PM

Wade

Wade,
I didn't get to meet you at the Castle Rock AS last weekend since you were on the road, but I wanted to say "thanks!" for providing the range for us to use. I'm looking forward to meeting you at a future event.

Ken
Thank you for comeing ,,If ppl don't come my digging a Hole in the ground would be all for not.

Wade
Got Tired of looking for a Rifle Range So we Dug one up!
WOOF!
4 box's #1 the soap box#2 the letter box #3 the ballot box #4 the cartridge box, The founding fathers picked up the Cartridge box so that WE could use the first 3,,IMO If you don't use those 3 then you dishonour the founding Fathers !