News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Redwood Falls, MN May 21-22

Started by Whisker, May 24, 2011, 10:23:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whisker

Well, despite the several inches of rain during the weekend, it was a great shoot!

Hard and brave people near Redwood Falls- especially the ones who showed up for this shoot at the brand new location.   O0

I think we had 13 shooters on Saturday, and 10 on Sunday.

Congrats to Brian, our Rifleman of the weekend!

Thanks Eric for setting it up, and The Redwood Falls Sportsman's Club for hosting!  Again soon I hope!

Let's see... I don't remember forum names for who all was there, so chime in below.

Thanks for the good weekend everyone.
What brings together men liberated from local and national limitations is also what keeps them apart. What pushes for greater rationality is also what nourishes the irrationality of hierarchical exploitation and repression.  What creates society's abstract power also creates its concrete unfreedom.

Kosciusko

Rain, not quite Forrrest Gump rain, but bad enough.

I was there in my FroggToggs, and glad I had them.

My shoes, shooting mats, camp chairs, and canopy top are all still trying to dry out in the driveway at this time.

painting the loaner sling swivels yellow was a success, as I think I got them all back.

The word from Haberman is that the 4-H kids had a good time, and the parents thought we did a good job.   I think we can expect higher attendance at Marshall this June, as well as getting some shoots at other ranges in the area.

40poundcat

Thanks to Whisker and Kosciusko for there time and support. ;)
all in all I think we had a good shoot except for the rain that JUST WOULD NOT STOP!!!
Whisker did a great job as shoot boss and did not let the rain deter his instruction in the slightest, he had no problem getting right down on the wet ground and giving demonstrations when necessary. bravo to him. :bow:
I think attendance was a little low due to graduation weekend and alot of baptisoms happening that weekend. I would like to see another appleseed happen in late summer If possible.
We could not get to the 2 and 3 hundred yard pits due to flooding,and I am now seeking that full distance patch like Whisker was wearing on his shoot jacket. Bring it on :--- :---
Again thanks to all for thier support and A big "THANK YOU" to the 4-H for lunch on Saturday!!!!
Be Just and fear not (USS HEWITT DD-966) Aug.1986 to Oct.1991 Desert Storm vet.

Master Plumber since 2011 ( but you may call me master)