News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Piqua May 21-22 2011

Started by posterboy, May 23, 2011, 12:12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

posterboy

Another Great appleseed weekend in Ohio !

We had an eager, Focused group who sold out the first appleseed at The Piqua Fish and Game Club in record time !

The gray, wet and cold Skies of Scotland that Ohio has been experiencing the last three months disappeared and gave us a great weekend for Marksmanship and Heritage. Skills grew and groups shrank Saturday as we steamed through the appleseed protocol. At the end of Saturday we produced the First Rifleman..Jerry / messer454 !

Sunday rolled around and shooters went into the AQT grinder Huzzah which produced Scott dubbed "Still Here" in honor of the Apocalypse.

It was also my honor this weekend to hand well earned Red Hats to Dangerous D and KAH...Huzzah ! Ohio and the U.S.of A is a better place because of your efforts! We also welcomed Blair to the orange cap club. Thank you sir for stepping up and joining the cause. I'd also like to thank Jerry and Blair and the other club members of the Piqua Fish and Game Club who worked to get shoot at this great facility. I can hardly wait to come back !

Thanks to our HUGE and Wonderful group of instructors who came this weekend it is always great to see you folks !!!!

See you Gibsonburg next weekend for more riflemen and 500 yrds huzzah

PB

HUZZAH you two !  :---  Congrats KAH and Dangerous D

Jerry / messer454 our Saturday Rifleman huzzah sir

Americans teaching Americans THE American skill

The Lamsen Star Jumping Jack Challenge  >:D thats Scott / Still Here Sunday's Rifleman  next to the cardboard on the left.

The Group !!!

Gordon

Sounds like a great event, from every measureable point of view.

Congrat's to messer454, "Still Here", Blair, and esp. KAH and Dangerous D!

And seriously, congrat's to ALL the shooters for being in the small but growing number of Americans who are Off the Couch. This is what it's all about.

I would have loved to have been there but I was on loan to Michigan this weekend, looking forward to InTheBurbs' post AAR.

Posterboy, congrat's on another great Appleseed event. Hey, you're gettin' kinda good at this. :)
-G

MeanStreaker

Quote from: posterboy on May 23, 2011, 12:12:14 PM

The Group !!!

There is just too much awesomeness in this pic.

New Hats.  New Rifleman.  And obviously a lot of smiles.  :) :) :)

Congrats on a great inaugural event at Piqua everyone!
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

Dangerous D

Thanks so much for such a great and memorable weekend.  I was especially impressed with the skill and "fire" that was lit for some of the new and first time shooters!  A special thanks to Blair (the water runs were essential) not to mention the pre-set up and tear down.  Thanks to Josh and Jerry for recruiting such great students.  Thanks to for the instructor crew it is an honor to work with you and an additional honor to receive my Red Hat in your presence you've all influenced and inspired me along the way. I hope to see you all on the line (with your friends too) in the future. 

I have picture and will attempt to post them but have been unsuccessful thus far!  PM me if you want photos.

Dangerous D

The floggings will continue until the marksman ship improves

Dangerous D

Still here Scott!  Rifleman

Dangerous D

Slim (and everyone) enjoyed the custom baked Red Coat Cookies!

Dangerous D

Shoot like a girl...if you can! 

Still_Here

Well, after wanting to attend an Appleseed shoot for the last 9 months or so, one came around that worked out.  To sum it up in a single word, WOW. 

I had a great time.  I would like to thank everyone who spends their time to make this happen.  The event was so much more in-depth than what I had imagined.  I am very happy to say that I came away with much improved skills than I went in with.  I was also able to be reminded about the great historical stories that helped to get us to where we are today.

Thanks again to all involved for making this such a wonderful event!  I will definately be attending another in the future.

Ishy

What an amazing shoot!  Piqua has a fabulous range and I hope to do more shoots there soon.   ;)

It was SUCH a pleasure seeing KAH and Dangerous D get their well-earned red hats!!!  And it was a joy having our newest orange hat, Blair, volunteer in the program as well.   :)  Congratulations to our riflemen.  Huzzah!   O0

You can view the rest of my pictures on facebook, but here are a few good ones:

The neck-cooling system for girls with long hair.   :)

The junior shooters.   :)

Slim is back!  Let the "huzzahs" ring!   ;)

The junior instructors.   :)

This made sure everyone behaved.   ;)
"If My people, who are called by My name, will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."  ~2 Chronicles 7:14

"The proof of desire is pursuit."  ~Kirk DeVinney

GoldFish

Quote from: Ishy on May 24, 2011, 06:07:39 PM

This made sure everyone behaved.   ;)

Good grief Ish, I knew you could be tough, but, my goodness! :o  Maybe I'm glad I didn't go. :-\
"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity

Messer454

Thanks to the Wonderful "Pink-E" I have some great candid shots,  AND for the first time I even have some of me shooting.  Thanks again Pink-E.  It was a wonderful time spent with old and new friends.  I just got the verbal confirmation for 4 more shoots this year here in Piqua so hopefully I will see a lot of you soon.

Jerry

"Be Prepared"......It is more than a motto, it is a way of life.

Messer454

More pics
"Be Prepared"......It is more than a motto, it is a way of life.

posterboy

WOW 4 more  O0 awesome.....

I'll see you there hopefully !

pb