News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR - Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, May 21-22, 2011

Started by Reformed Redneck, May 23, 2011, 11:01:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reformed Redneck

Greetings to all,

We had a very good shoot this weekend. Special commendations go out to all of the instructors who contributed to the success of the shoot, and to all of the shooters (aspiring Riflemen all) who chose to spend their weekend listening to the History and acquiring the necessary Rifleman marksmanship skills.

Congratulations to our 4 new Riflemen: Bill, Brian, Robb, and Jared. Nice work! Persistence pays off. I also want to recognize the effort, and corresponding improvement, of all of the participants this weekend. Our course of instruction is quite difficult for some of you, and your commitment to attaining Rifleman status is admirable.

The weather was mostly accommodating with sunny skies (what's that?) and warm temperatures on Saturday, and cooler temperatures mixed with scant showers on Sunday. This is fairly typical north Idaho Spring.

We also had a new orange hat awarded to Jared, and will loop him into the IIT process shortly.

Until next time,
Reformed Redneck
I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the chains.

"...Of Zebulon, such as went forth to battle, expert in war, with all instruments of war...which could keep rank: they were not of double heart..."

Roland

Alright! I get first reply!

Great shoot, four new riflemen, three repeats (Including me! :cool2: )

Instructor crew, my nakama: It's always great to work with you guys, and all of the instruction and history was great.

Jared, congratulations on your persistence on your patch. Being there for both of your shoots, it was great to you succeed, and then take up the orange hat! Hope to see you on the other side of the line soon.

Bill, also, great job. I believe it was either your third or fourth Appleseed, and I worked with you quite a bit on all of them. Maybe I taught you to well, with you outscoring me and all...

Brian: Congrats to another rifleman that persisted through multiple shoots, looks like we finally got your trigger control down.

Pedersons: excellent job to you all. Boys, well done, great improvement, and good luck on your Eagle scout projects. (they're harder then they sound...) Gina, for a first time shooter, you showed remarkable skill and improvement. Robb, congratulations on your rifle patch. (guess you didn't need that card after all...)

Earl: good shooting, and I hope to see you back soon

That's all that comes to mind right now, and anyway I have to go clean my rifle...

Dirk/Roland
The doorway to freedom is framed by the muskets that stood between a vision of of liberty and absolute anarchy at a place called Concord Bridge--Charlton Heston, 1997

"Be a man of principle. Fight for what you believe in. Keep your word. Live with integrity. Be brave. Believe in something bigger than yourself. Serve your country. Teach. Mentor. Give something back to society. Lead from the front. Conquer your fears. Be a good friend. Be humble and be self-confident. Appreciate your friends and family. Be a leader and not a follower. Be valorous on the field of battle. And take responsibility for your actions. Never forget those that were killed. And never let rest those that killed them." -- Major Douglas Zembiec

Western Rose

Thank you to FRGC for hosting this event!

To all of the attendees, thank you for coming out for this event. It would not have been possible to have it without you. To those of you who shot Rifleman, well done! To those of you who did not, persist on!

To all of the instructors, thank you for coming out and making this event happen. It was fantastic to work with you all again.

Upon downloading pictures from my camera to my computer, I noticed three things: 1. I had no idea where some of these pictures came from (the joy of two or three people using one camera ^:)^) 2. the majority of them are of group instruction, instructors telling history, or patch presentations. My apologies for not getting more on the line. I hope Scott and Evenstar will fill in that gap. and 3. I got way less pictures than normal for an Appleseed weekend....

And now for the (few) pictures:

A Coeur d'Alene Appleseed Morning

RL teaching the six steps

Reformed Redneck teaching IMC

Still Learnin listening and enjoying being a shooter instead of an instructor "for once".

The flags

Sister and Brother listening to Roland's First Strike

Hey! Look! Butterflies!

Ouch...

About to teach transitions

Roland telling the Third Strike

Stacking brass

Talking about the fathers and sons on the Lexington Green

Brian shot Rifleman!

Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

Western Rose

Day 2 Pictures

Deu1118 reviewing the prone and slings and RL decided he wanted to demo in the mud.....

Review of sitting (Yes, the review was on all of them. No, I did not get pictures of all of them.)

Review of standing

EERT telling us about David Lamson

RL telling us about Samuel Whittemore (and yes, having the bayonet there really put things into perspective)

Reformed Redneck telling us about Hezekiah Wyman

Roland earned another Rifleman Patch

Bill shot Rifleman

Going out to check the KD targets

Still Learnin earned another Rifleman Patch
or
Father and Son during an Appleseed weekend

Jared, the pictures I got of you getting your Rifleman patch turned out rather blurry. Sorry about that... Well done in your shooting and thank you for joining the Northwest Instructor Crew.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

50th Appleseed

Evenstar

What a great weekend!!!

We could very well rename this event something like 'ButterflySeed'. Butterflies were everywhere (must be Spring). ;D

Seriously though, a huge THANK YOU to the attendees for 'getting up off the couch' and coming out to hear your Heritage. May we never forget what it cost the Founding Generation to preserve our freedom...

As for the marksmanship, there was much improvement made by all. There's just nothing like seeing all the pieces and steps falling together for a shooter you've worked with all weekend. I hope to see ALL of you back. :)

Gina, it was a pleasure to work with you this weekend. You did a fantastic job, improved a ton, and I just know that you'll get that patch next time! You're knocking on the door with those scores! 8)

Congratulations to Bill, Brian, Jarad, and Robb. Way to persist on chasing that Rifleman patch! :bow:

Thank you, Jarad, on taking up the orange hat. I'll be looking forward to working the line with you.

Instructors, it was wonderful to work with you all again, as always! See you all soon.

RL... *BING!* @)

Anyway, now for some of my pictures (what? Evenstar got PICTURES? NO WAY! **)). These ones are mostly from Saturday, with a few from Sunday. My best Sunday shots are on Scott's camera (a Canon that he twisted my arm to use all day), so he'll have to post them. Thanks a million, Scott! :D

Like I said, ButterflySeed.

Billy

RR and WR going over prone position

M1A!!!!

Um... line boss?? LOL

RR teaching IMC

WR instructing Marc

Sundog!

Um... RL... photo courtesy of RL.

Father and son

WR instructing something...

Marc and Still Learnin during ball and dummy

RL and Loren do some review on Sunday

The Three Amigos ;D

Dirk gets some trigger time

The line

Stapling targets

EERT and the little Lauryn

Dirk gets his purple patch

Still Learnin gets his purple patch

Gina in standing

Appleseeding family!!!

Alex

3 M1A's!!!!

Oh, and the REAL camera (dart, I am NOW dangerous! **)  8))

Yes, artsy shots to follow (this thread is going to be an overload of pics!). ;D
'Pictures... or it didn't happen!' &)

"What we do in life echoes in eternity.

"All we must decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

"She is worth the wait. When she lifts her head - she smiles!" - Earl

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11
Medical Lake, WA - July 31, 2011

Evenstar

A few artsy shots (the others are on Scott's camera). ;)

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11

TruTenacity

All showing improvement in rifleman's skills,
Four new rifleman,
Three repeat rifleman,
One new orange hat
Great history ...

Nice work shooters and instructors!

I received six bug bites on my head and 3/4 of one of three blueberry beds weeded for my efforts while staying at home.  I should have come and spent our 28th wedding anniversary instructing with my husband instead.  A rifleman sacrifices and a rifleman persists even in the garden.  Oh well.  At least the pictures gives one a feel for how great this event was.  I can't wait to see the pictures that are on Scott's camera.  (Good chicken wing while shooting with the camera, Evenstar.)

"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

Evenstar

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11

Roland

Hey, that picture of the reflected flags turned out even better then I hoped. And I finally got a better picture of me in prone...
The doorway to freedom is framed by the muskets that stood between a vision of of liberty and absolute anarchy at a place called Concord Bridge--Charlton Heston, 1997

"Be a man of principle. Fight for what you believe in. Keep your word. Live with integrity. Be brave. Believe in something bigger than yourself. Serve your country. Teach. Mentor. Give something back to society. Lead from the front. Conquer your fears. Be a good friend. Be humble and be self-confident. Appreciate your friends and family. Be a leader and not a follower. Be valorous on the field of battle. And take responsibility for your actions. Never forget those that were killed. And never let rest those that killed them." -- Major Douglas Zembiec

eert

Greetings All!

First off- congrats to the new Rifleman!  Jared, I didn't work with you much (maybe that's why you hit it so fast!)  Bill, Brian, Robb, you all had me in your face for at least two shoots, and it was a thrill to see you break the 210 mark.  Way to go gentleman. 

Second- The whole Peterson clan showed great improvement and I foresee RM scores in your future.  Ditto for the Quint clan.  Judy and Earl were models of perseverance, an example for all of us to follow.

Third-Congrats to our junior instructors, Patrick, Heather, and Dirk  who got to reaffirm their RM ability.   Now that Dirk has shot his share this spring, maybe I'll get a chance!

I particularly like the picture of Heather demoing the standing position.  Excellent example of chicken wing and support elbow under the rifle.  Oh wait, silly me, that's a camera not a rifle!  Good thing since she's well behind the firing line!

Thanks for coming and sharing a north Idaho Spring weekend with the north Idaho cadre and learning to live the Appleseed tradition.  I hope to see all of you on the Appleseed trail again!!

Practice those positions and trigger squeeeeeeeze.

EERT

Rizzin

ES, good chickenwing and Support hand on that Cannon, but your Turkey neck and firm handshake grip look like they need some work....   ++)

Something different about RR, but I cant seem to quite place whats missing...  let me scratch my chin on that for a little bit

Looks like beautiful weather and a grand bunch of shooters, well done to those who put down the TV remote and did something educational with their weekend.

Western Rose

Quote from: Rizzin on May 24, 2011, 12:14:33 AM
Something different about RR, but I cant seem to quite place whats missing...  let me scratch my chin on that for a little bit

**) **) **) **) **)

50th Appleseed

Western Rose

NOTICE TO ALL INSTRUCTORS AND ATTENDEES OF THIS EVENT

So far, it has been discovered that two ticks hitched a ride home with us. *shudders*  We're checking for more now.......

50th Appleseed

Scott

Pictures from the canon are in the "emails" to Western Rose...all 130+ of them.  Have fun posting!

Scott

Evenstar

Quote from: eert on May 23, 2011, 11:56:23 PM
I particularly like the picture of Heather demoing the standing position.  Excellent example of chicken wing and support elbow under the rifle.  Oh wait, silly me, that's a camera not a rifle!  Good thing since she's well behind the firing line!

Quote from: Rizzin on May 24, 2011, 12:14:33 AM
ES, good chickenwing and Support hand on that Cannon, but your Turkey neck and firm handshake grip look like they need some work....   ++)

**) **) **) You guys.... I'm pretty sure I need to work on my 'happy finger' too. :) Here are some of the pictures I got on Scott's camera (thanks again!!!!). Oh, and I promise these are the last I'll post on this thread! **)

Lauryn with her pink .22

More of the line

WR

Killer puppy eyes.... :o

RL shoots his M1A

Marc

Checking KD targets

Quick sighter after KD

Congrats Robb!

Checking out the AQT

Just for RL :)

Purple patches

Evenstar and Lauryn

The dashing group ;D

Congrats lumberjack55!!!

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11

Evenstar

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11

Roland

FYI- Link is broken... Not any more. Feel free to delete this post.

Earl

I have been very happy with the Marksmanship of the Appleseed crew from Idaho and parts of the Great NorthWest, but I have to acknowledge that the photography is really on the mark. So of course I am going to steal some of the best for my mind to dwell upon. Good work, fine folks and America is better for it. O0
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

GoldFish

Quote from: Evenstar on May 24, 2011, 05:39:52 PM
The rest of the pics can be found here: http://s1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd511/Evenstar95/Coeur%20dAlene%20ID%20Appleseed%202011%20May%2021%20and%2022/

Album password is May2011.

Nice pics ES!  I might have to 'steal' some of those myself...
On page 1 in picture number 2, is that your AS Challenge Coin, or were you just holding one up for a picture? :)
"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity

Evenstar

Quote from: GoldFish on May 26, 2011, 10:04:25 PM
Quote from: Evenstar on May 24, 2011, 05:39:52 PM
The rest of the pics can be found here: http://s1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd511/Evenstar95/Coeur%20dAlene%20ID%20Appleseed%202011%20May%2021%20and%2022/

Album password is May2011.

Nice pics ES!  I might have to 'steal' some of those myself...
On page 1 in picture number 2, is that your AS Challenge Coin, or were you just holding one up for a picture? :)

Thanks! And feel free. O0
You bet it's mine! Someone saw it out and wanted a picture. 8)

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11

GoldFish

Quote from: Evenstar on May 27, 2011, 11:52:29 AM
Thanks! And feel free. O0
You bet it's mine! Someone saw it out and wanted a picture. 8)

Thank you!

Looks good. ;)
"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity