News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Piru CA May 14-15, 2011 AAR

Started by Dano, May 16, 2011, 11:14:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dano

The Piru shoot in May was a great success, 14 shooters on Saturday and 13 on Sunday! The weather was near perfect for Piru, which means it was only windy and not the usual may temperature of 120°! The instruction started right on time at 0900 with Redcoats being shot by all. Mr. Pete has the numbers for the actual redcoat count so I will let him post that, however I can say that the results were not too good. As we worked through the day it became very apparent that the shooters were paying attention. Mark, Jason and Chris were all shooting great groups by the time lunch rolled around. My hat is off to Justin who was shooting a nice M 44 Mosin all day. Eric a shooter with an M1A also had a pretty good day a learned a lot about his rifle. Both Justin and Eric picked up Rifleman Opportunity Cards so we should see them back soon. The group that made a  big impression on me was the Dave and his two children, Roni and Yuval!  Dave is new to shooting and showed great improvement through the day. Roni and Yuval were both listing to everything that V said and showed great form by the end of the day. Future Riflemen I am sure

After lunch and history it was onto AQT's ! Scores were not great but several people were beginning to put it together. On the final redcoat of the day Veronica and Amanda almost cleared the redcoat. Veronica qualified at the 300 yard and Amanda the 400 yard and both had the bonus box! Thanks to Justin for helping Amanda with the extra 7.62 holes on the redcoat!

Sunday saw 13 shooters return, Sunday morning we had 4 people get the headshot and scores on the recoats were pretty encouraging. Jason was the first to shoot a rifleman's score with a 236!! Followed on the next AQT by Mark, who avoided North Bridge water by shooting a 211! Well done, two instructors Pete, Gratefuldog and Scott, Scott1600 also moved from IIT to ITT1. And Mr. Pete my right hand man went from Red hat to Green hat meaning he is a fully qualified shootboss! Congratulations to all who attended!

Dano
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

'No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is as formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.'- Ronald Reagan

Dano

More pics
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

'No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is as formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.'- Ronald Reagan

artkat2

Dano,
  Nice pic of the "fireball" on the brown Bess!

Mr Pete!

I'll wait for the official announcement!

Cowgirl, always nice to see you, even if it is just a photo!

Nice work guys!

A
I do regard with horror a state of affairs which would make our country both unready and unwilling to defend its honor.
George S. Patton jr

Mr Pete

Everything is easy when you have great students and great instructors!

Saturday morning Redcoats were a wake up call.  Out of 14 students we had:

DistanceMorningAfternoon
400 yards11
300 yards15
200 yards11
100 yards03
Bonus16
Cleared!00

Amazing improvement by all the students.  Sunday showed even more improvement and consistency with 3 fewer shooters!

DistanceMorningAfternoon
400 yards30
300 yards05
200 yards24
100 yards31
Bonus55
Cleared!10

Both Ms Veronica (nice lunchbox) and Ms Amanda left a lasting impression with their shooting skills...so much so I even got their names right!   ;)  Justin was knocking on the door with a 190 on the last AQT so MAKE USE OF THAT ROC!  Kudos to Eric who toughed it out all weekend with that M1A.

Roni was a monster!  She was up for anything even though her rifle was almost taller and heavier than she was!  I can only hope that my own daughter is as adventurous!  David related a complement from Yuval stating that he, "learned more history at lunch than he would have ever learned in an entire year of history at school."  A strong testament to the instructors who taught history (Pvt.Joker, Dano and V).

I am always impressed by the people that come to an Appleseed (students and instructors).  I hope to see everybody again on or off the Appleseed trail.

-Pete
"You will recognize your own path when you come upon it, because you will suddenly have all the energy and imagination you will ever need." – Jerry Gillies

Johnnyappleseed

good shoot guys  O0

Noticed 14 on sat and 13 Sun -^5
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge