News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Moscow, ID - May 14-15, 2011

Started by Western Rose, May 16, 2011, 02:27:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Western Rose

A huge thank you to the Bernie Petersen Memorial Range/Lewiston Pistol Club for hosting this event! ^:)^

Thank you to the attendees for showing up! O0 To those of you who shot Rifleman, congratulations! To those of you who didn't, persist on! We look forward to seeing all of you again!

Thank you to the instructors for coming out (and letting me shoot!)! :cool2:

And now for the pictures. ;D

Waiting for the gate to be opened, the "junior" instructors had fun climbing.

Meanwhile, Shoot Boss Reformed Redneck and IIT tionico put op the Appleseed signs.

Some of the instructors during the safety briefing.

Still Learnin and TruTenacity posted numbers while.....

...tionico explained the Red Coat.

Soon the instruction began with Reformed Redneck explaining the sling with tionico demoing.

The attendees listened carefully.

Tech, if you see this, this is the first page of the new booklet that I was telling you about on the Radio Show last Thursday.

The weather turned out to be great on Saturday!

Tionico explaining IMC

Are those promised thunderstorms going join us?

RL telling the First Strike

Evenstar telling the Second Strike

And the weather stayed (comparatively) nice all day for us!

Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

Western Rose

Sunday Morning

Our little companion for the weekend

Still Learnin

Our Blue/Orange hat was very helpful.

Roxanna in sitting

:)

Idgi listening to the Dangerous Old Men stories

The weather moving in...

Evenstar had a moment to shoot an AQT with Dad's rifle. This was the first time she'd shot in a while. Good job!

Brian was a first time attendee who shot Rifleman by the end of the weekend. Well done! O0

Roxanna in prone

Roxanna shot Rifleman at her first event! ^:)^

Umm... yeah... I feel short now. lol

Mr. Ed shot Rifleman at his first event! O0

Idgi in standing.

Idgi concentrating

Idgi shot Rifleman at her fourth Appleseed. YAY!!!!!! :---

TruTenacity telling Patriots in Petticoats

TruTenacity reading an excerpt from a letter written shortly after April 19th.

Still Learnin telling Furious Fifers

Attendees listen carefully...

Still Learnin shooting Mr. Ed's rifle.

The Instructors of the weekend

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

50th Appleseed

Dorcas

Hi this is Brian. 

First, I would like to thank the Shoot Boss, his family, and the other instructors for volunteering their time to provide the quality marksmanship instruction and excellent history lesson I received last weekend.

Second, I would like to use the picture of me and the Shoot Boss above as my profile picture on Facebook.  Reformed Redneck, do I have your permission to use the picture?

Thank you,

Dorcas

Reformed Redneck

To all,

In one sense, this was a ground breaking event for us. After five years of traveling around north (and sometimes south) Idaho and eastern Washington, we finally were able to hold an Appleseed almost within spitting distance of the homestead. Quite a luxury. We want to convey special thanks to John at the Lewiston Pistol Club (himself aspiring to become a Rifleman) for allowing us to set up a shoot at their range.

The weather was interesting. The predicted hail, thunderstorms, and tornadoes failed to materialize on Saturday. Quite a pleasant day instead.

All of the shooters applied themselves to learning what we have to teach in regards to rifle marksmanship, and seemed to respond positively to the history presentations. Still, by the end of Saturday we didn't have any new Riflemen. A number of them were truly 'knocking on the door'.

All but one shooter returned on Sunday morning somewhat refreshed and well prepared to persist. By late morning their commitment was tested as it began to rain...and rain...and rain. Still, they continued to pursue the Rifleman patch.

Ultimately, we had four new Riflemen. Their tenacity ultimately paid off, and now they have taken the first step of truly becoming Riflemen by earning their patches. Continue on the path.

This was the first event I have been to where a shooter showed up with a suppressed rifle. It was interesting to note how much quieter it actually was, even though it was a .308 AR platform. The owner was generous and allowed Still Learnin' an opportunity to shoot 5 rounds through it. What a good time! I was surprised at how much gas comes back through the action with the suppressor in place. The owner had 'raccoon eyes' after a couple of AQT's.

We're looking forward to seeing you all again on the Appleseed Trail. A good many of you are very close to that patch. Continue to persist.

Best regards,
Reformed Redneck

I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the chains.

"...Of Zebulon, such as went forth to battle, expert in war, with all instruments of war...which could keep rank: they were not of double heart..."

Reformed Redneck

Dorcas (Brian),

Permission granted. My privilege.

RR
I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the chains.

"...Of Zebulon, such as went forth to battle, expert in war, with all instruments of war...which could keep rank: they were not of double heart..."

Evenstar

Quote from: Reformed Redneck on May 16, 2011, 10:48:06 PM
This was the first event I have been to where a shooter showed up with a suppressed rifle. It was interesting to note how much quieter it actually was, even though it was a .308 AR platform. The owner was generous and allowed Still Learnin' an opportunity to shoot 5 rounds through it. What a good time!

I got a video of Still Learnin' shooting Mr. Ed's AR-10: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UCQZfMMc6U. He really enjoyed it. :cool2:

Will post more later, as well as some pictures. :)
'Pictures... or it didn't happen!' &)

"What we do in life echoes in eternity.

"All we must decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

"She is worth the wait. When she lifts her head - she smiles!" - Earl

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11
Medical Lake, WA - July 31, 2011

hawkhavn

What a fine crew on both sides of the line!
Congratulations to the new Riflemen!

HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

RL

He didn't just shoot the 5 rounds, he stacked the rounds on target. Excellent group. Sorry I missed most of Sunday, thanks for everybody's patcience with me. My brother is home safe though, and him and my dad will joining us in Cd'A.
...and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people.
John Adams, from the Boston Gazette, February 6, 1775

We live, my dear soul, in an age of trial. What will be the consequence, I know not.
John Adams in a letter to Abigail, 1774.

Evenstar

It was a privilege to work with such a great group of Americans this last weekend! Thank you too ALL who came out to the range, even if you were shooting in rain puddles on Sunday. O0

A big congratulations and three HUZZAH's to our 4 new Rifleman! ^:)^

Idgi, it's been wonderful to work with you at your past few events, and I will be looking forward to seeing you qualify with your bolty as well! ;) Oh, and don't forget to drag Katie along too. ;D

Instructors, as always, it was great to work with you all!

And then of course, there are the pictures. ;)

Appleseed sign at the entrance

RR and tionico instruct the finer points of the prone position

WR goes over 6 Steps

Prep-ed and read to go

Oh, and our buddy

Ken

Roxanna

Idgi

Bob

Checking targets

Carding the sights

The line in prone

NICE group Roxanna!

Still Learnin

RR and Brian

Roxanna in the rain

WR

Marc

Mr Ed

Still Learnin shooting an AR-10

Sue shooting in a rain puddle

I got a chance to shoot a redcoat target!

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11

Evenstar

And I had to include some artsy shots. @)

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11

drroxanna

A BIG thank you to all the instructors last weekend. The shooting was totally different than what I am used to, but so exciting. The Rifleman test is addictive! I learned a lot.
Thanks
Roxanna

Roland

Good job guys! Sorry I couldn't make it... :(
The doorway to freedom is framed by the muskets that stood between a vision of of liberty and absolute anarchy at a place called Concord Bridge--Charlton Heston, 1997

"Be a man of principle. Fight for what you believe in. Keep your word. Live with integrity. Be brave. Believe in something bigger than yourself. Serve your country. Teach. Mentor. Give something back to society. Lead from the front. Conquer your fears. Be a good friend. Be humble and be self-confident. Appreciate your friends and family. Be a leader and not a follower. Be valorous on the field of battle. And take responsibility for your actions. Never forget those that were killed. And never let rest those that killed them." -- Major Douglas Zembiec

dart67eb

Nice pics, Evenstar!  Oleg has some competition.
Ignorance may be bliss, but it's not a virtue.

Two Wolves

Evenstar, you did a great job with your pictures. Did you set this up in another program then import them? You made a nice presentation and many of us would benefit from your expertise. What do you say?  Many thanks~Two Wolves
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

Evenstar

PM sent dart. ;D

Quote from: Two Wolves on May 18, 2011, 05:21:31 PM
Evenstar, you did a great job with your pictures. Did you set this up in another program then import them? You made a nice presentation and many of us would benefit from your expertise. What do you say?  Many thanks~Two Wolves

Thank you, Two Wolves. I did what WR did in that I posted them over on Facebook first (to make them smaller, more manageable files), then instead of posting them as attachments, I copied each photo's URL (from Facebook) into the text body between the 'insert image' brackets. Simple right? :cool2: You could also do the same with photobucket, flickr, etc. as long as you have a URL.

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11

Cooper

Really nice photography, Evenstar!

thank you for sharing it.

Coop
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

GoldFish

Quote from: dart67eb on May 18, 2011, 03:27:06 PM

Competition's a good thing, right?

It had better be, because those are some pretty snazzy shots, ES. O0
"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity

06en

QuoteHe didn't just shoot the 5 rounds, he stacked the rounds on target. Excellent group.

Did I just imagine that I saw this target before? Did I see a target like it somewhere else? Where ever I saw it, I do remember that it was a very sweet group tattered hole.

Evenstar

Quote from: Cooper on May 18, 2011, 06:25:44 PM
Really nice photography, Evenstar!

thank you for sharing it.

Coop
Quote from: GoldFish on May 18, 2011, 11:52:03 PM
Quote from: dart67eb on May 18, 2011, 03:27:06 PM

Competition's a good thing, right?

It had better be, because those are some pretty snazzy shots, ES. O0

Thanks guys! :-[

I really admire Oleg's stuff. Competition may be a good thing, but I've got a long way to go before I get shots as good as his! :cool2: Good thing there are so many shoots to practice at. ;) (Now, where's the photographer smiley? &))

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11

Two Wolves

How about this one----  8)

Can you save and import this somehow?
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

Western Rose

;)

50th Appleseed

Evenstar

**) WR....

Two Wolves... Something like this...

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11

Western Rose

Roxanna, It was a blast to be able to be on the line with you. Thanks for coming! Looking forward to seeing you at another one! O0 Congratulations on shooting Rifleman!

Brian, thanks for taking the time out of your weekend to come out to the event! It was great to have you there. You definitely earned your Rifleman patch. O0

50th Appleseed

Two Wolves

I'm flabbergasted!!!!!

You two young ladies are amazing. With this computer stuff i can muddle around but that's about it. I'm much better with a hammer or a wrench. LOL~TW

Dorcas

Quote from: Western Rose on May 19, 2011, 12:07:08 PM
Brian, thanks for taking the time out of your weekend to come out to the event! It was great to have you there. You definitely earned your Rifleman patch. O0

The pleasure was all mine.  I think my wife and I are going to go together to another clinic soon... July perhaps.  I think I'm going to try to do it with Tech-Sights then.  I intend to fire an AQT or two with my AR as well.

Dorcas

Quote from: Evenstar on May 17, 2011, 06:07:06 PM
And I had to include some artsy shots. @)

Ha... those were my cheater rounds.  I was using old ammo and had multiple misfires throughout the weekend.  I was using those to replace misfires as they occurred.  That's no small feat during the second and third stages of the AQT. 

Evenstar

Brian, I wondered what those rounds were about.... ;D We'll look forward to having you AND your wife on the line soon! O0

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11