News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

I was scolded for shooting at an AQT target

Started by Shooterer, May 16, 2011, 10:53:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shooterer

I was practicing at the Hubertus range, when I was approached by a board member that stated that the target I was shooting was against range polices. I have always known that silhouette targets or any likeness of a human was forbidden on the firing line, but I never thought of an AQT that way.

This person is a friend of mine and was just "bust'n my chops", but it got me to thinking if anyone else has been told this before?
Stand up for what's right.... Even if you stand alone.

AdamSelene

I shot at a range in NY once like that.  Only non-humanoid targets.  I would like to claim it was modern Political Correctness but the phenomena has been around a long time.  It has been a theme off and on in shooting for decades, from bullseye shooting before WWII to the PPC being unseemingly for its combat focus to Cooper's South West Combat Shooting League having to change its name to the South West Shooting League in 1960.
Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.           -Plato

Marpat Pippi

You can reply that they aren't sillohettes - they are paper bells...they just don't ding when you hit them.

oladcock

If our range told us that, I'd replace them with spotted owls and sea otters....O.L.
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

President Roswell Gun Club
AQT 246
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
IBC 2018
KD Ft. Bliss Tx. 214  2019
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

The ][rishman

I have some ranges that object to "silhouette" targets.  I simply reply these are the "Bell Curve" shaped targets and I will grade their targets accordingly.

][
III
"Thou shalt never be a perpetrator.
Thou shalt never be a victim.
And thou shalt never, but never, be a bystander." Yehuda Bauer

An Phoblacht abĂș
KD0OHT

dragonfly

Yes they are Bell Curve targets, and yes the issue has been addressed by JoeZ and MJ  O0 .  They can give you details if needed.

D-fly   @)
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

Josey Wales

Quote from: Marpat Pippi on May 16, 2011, 11:51:12 AM
You can reply that they aren't sillohettes - they are paper bells...they just don't ding when you hit them.

..Ding ~~:) Ding ~~:) Ding ~~:)........I like that, and will use it if that comes up..........

........................Strength & Honor...........Josey Wales..........................
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

professor gun

Quote from: oladcock on May 16, 2011, 11:56:02 AM
If our range told us that, I'd replace them with spotted owls and sea otters....O.L.

and dolphins. ^:)^
Honoring my ancestor, Seth Hall, of the Massachusetts Militia for his sacrifices during our American Revolution that helped to provide freedom for all Americans.

slim

Sounds like it's time to change range policies.

How many of your buddies are members at that range? First off, get 'em to an Appleseed event. Then have them bumrush a club meeting and vote to allow "traditional and/or historical targets of any nature."

If that fails, you could always shoot zombies!

2 clicks low

Quote from: slim on May 17, 2011, 11:10:35 AM
Sounds like it's time to change range policies.

How many of your buddies are members at that range? First off, get 'em to an Appleseed event. Then have them bumrush a club meeting and vote to allow "traditional and/or historical targets of any nature."

If that fails, you could always shoot zombies!

That is a host range. I have been to two shoots there (both in the snow) and met 3 board members. I'm sure he was just busting the chops of a budy.
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

R1SGx2

I remember a survey on the site not to long ago about putting a twist to a story to meet AS needs and it wasn't going to happen, not sure what happened since that survey. P.S. It's not a bell.
"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."