News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Colfax May 14-15 2011

Started by dragonfly, May 08, 2011, 06:01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonfly

Lets get our friends and family signed up Colfax, WI 
                                       Information:  http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=21462.0
                                       Register:  http://www.eventbrite.com/event/1451165475%20%20%20%20%20

D-fly    Keeping the Faith
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

dragonfly

:wall:  :sos: :sos: :sos: :sos: :sos: :sos: :sos: :sos: :sos: :sos: :sos: :sos: :sos: :sos: :sos: :sos: :sos: :sos: :sos: :sos: :sos: :sos: :sos: :sos: :sos: :sos: :sos: :sos: :sos: :sos: :sos: :sos: :sos: :sos: :sos: :sos: :sos: :sos: :sos: :sos: :sos:   :wb:

Thanks in advance for all your help.

D-fly Keeping the Faith

K.I.S.S.

dragonfly

0 1 pre reg as of 5-9

K.I.S.S.

Blue Five

BTT

Folks, we still only have 1 pre-reg.  If you are in the Colfax area, WE NEED YOUR HELP!  :sos: :sos: :sos: 7th step hard the rest of this week, talk to family, friends, coworkers, whoever and get them to this shoot!

:sos: :sos: :sos:
"Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" ~Captain John Parker, April 19, 1775.

Molōn labe! :--- 

colycat

2 days to this inaugural event.  One shooter, yes just one.

We are going to have to pull out the stops on this one.

Someone, contact the range and see if they have some members or family of members to come.  The ranges are our PARTNERS, and have some responsibility to help fill the lines.

Is anyone familiar with the area?  How about 4 H or Boy Scouts?  Are there any church youth groups?

At this point, I could almost be happy with 6 shooters.
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

professor gun

I second Colycat's observation that the host range has to be a partner here.  Even just one person who is a range member and who gets on board with the Appleseed philosophy will work wonders for making these Appleseed attract shooters.  That individual can be a liaison to the rest of the members as well.

My experience with the La Crosse Rifle Club has driven this home to me.  Initially we had some members who were skeptical of Appleseed; I simply invited them to come out and observe and make judgments based on what they saw.  Three or four of them have taken me up on this, all have come away impressed with the cadre of Appleseed instructors they observed at our range (they share this with other members) and we now have several Appleseed boosters in our club.  One of them even donated $70 at our June 2010 Appleseed (our first) even though he was not shooting at the event.  A couple guys in the club now always give me shooting mats to use in case we need them, four of our members have offered to let Appleseed shooters use their rifles if needed, a couple have started donating ammunition in case Appleseed participants (junior shooters and specifically Marine Corps Poolees) wish to use it.

Appleseed sells itself; you just have to get people in the clubs to learn a little about it and perhaps just observe.  Better yet, get them out to a shoot.
Honoring my ancestor, Seth Hall, of the Massachusetts Militia for his sacrifices during our American Revolution that helped to provide freedom for all Americans.

martin

We've always known that these shoots will be tough to fill at first. I believe there are several reasons for this but trust me when I say that it's not because of a lack of effort. With the dedicated help of Crash, Taylor, and RustyRed , we've been to several gun shows, ran adds in local papers, and personally contacted people.
While there is only 1 pre-reg, I've been contacted by people that have mailed in their registration weeks ago and never got a confirmation, some people had trouble getting on Eventbrite and will walk-in, and we're bringing a young student with us. We're hoping for more walk-ons.
As Coly and p.gun have stated , the range needs to be our partners and I can state that the people at Colfax, Boyceville and Menomonie have been working to promote these shoots. They are our partners.
Be patient, Appleseed sells itself, but it will take some time and we are working on it.   
Martin

Now the Lord is that Spirit:and where the Spirit of the Lord is,there is liberty. 2Corinthians 3:17

Seek the Truth

"We in America do not have a government by the majority-we have a government by the majority who participate....All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"
-Thomas Jefferson

Taylor

I'm going to call a couple of the guys from the Rice Lake area who shot at Spooner and see if they or any friends can make Colfax.
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

camelback327

Is the Colfax shoot filled up? My kid  John wants to shoot but we waited too long to register and the web page shows"sale ended".  Can we register at the door?

colycat

Plenty of room Camelback.  You and  your son bring some friends also O0

Quote from: camelback327 on May 13, 2011, 08:59:58 PM
Is the Colfax shoot filled up? My kid  John wants to shoot but we waited too long to register and the web page shows"sale ended".  Can we register at the door?
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

Blue Five

Quote from: camelback327 on May 13, 2011, 08:59:58 PM

Yes!  Yes you can !  Please come on out and we can sign you up at the door as a walk on!  We have only a couple people signed up to go!  So please, come on down!!!
"Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" ~Captain John Parker, April 19, 1775.

Molōn labe! :---