News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Corona, CA April 16-17 AAR

Started by Freeman, April 20, 2011, 10:05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freeman

What an incredible weekend it turned out to be! I can't think of a better way to have spent a weekend than with my fellow patriots celebrating and memorializing the sacrifices made at Lexington and Concord. CSHR (Michael), Recruiter (Liz), Scavenger (Justin) and I were joined by 14 such patriots. I was glad to see so much enthusiasm for the history. Saturday's "13 gun salute," whic was fired simultaneously with the rest of the nation, seemed to particularly move everyone.

Though it was very hot for an April shoot, I think everyone was happy not to have been rained on again. I can't help but think that the slight discomfort of the beating sun put us into a more empathetic mindset for the suffering of the founding generation from Lexington to Yorktown.

The group was comprised of people ranging from nearly zero shooting experience to lifelong shooters. To a person, everyone saw noticeable improvement to their marksmanship. With a little dry practice at home, I expect to see many rifleman's patches from this group in the coming months. One person didn't need anymore practice however, Jim joined the ranks of California rifleman not once, but twice on Sunday. Congratulations again Jim!
Freeman
n.
1. A person not in slavery or serfdom.
2. One who possesses the rights or privileges of a citizen.

"Liberty is not a means to a political end. It is itself the highest political end." – Lord Acton

Appleseed: The only program endorsed by the Founding Fathers and GSG9.

Freeman

Don't everyone jump in at once and post.  :))
Freeman
n.
1. A person not in slavery or serfdom.
2. One who possesses the rights or privileges of a citizen.

"Liberty is not a means to a political end. It is itself the highest political end." – Lord Acton

Appleseed: The only program endorsed by the Founding Fathers and GSG9.

asminuteman

"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."~ Thomas Paine

I know of no way to judge the future, then by the past. -Thomas Paine

asminuteman

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."~ Thomas Paine

asminuteman

CSHR

I will post pictures on Tuesday 26th....have arrange to have access to a computer connection and a lot less work.

CSHR
"But rightful Liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the law" because the law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual." -- Thomas Jefferson