News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Coeur d'Alene, ID - April 16-17, 2011

Started by Western Rose, April 19, 2011, 10:41:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Western Rose

Note to Promotions team: "model" releases were signed at this event.

This was one GREAT event!

Thanks to FRGC for allowing us to use the range and club house!

Thanks to the attendees for coming and sticking it out through the weekend! You guys are awesome.  O0
Brian, Bill, Jim, thanks for sticking around to help clean up.
Congratulations to the three new Rifleman, Angie (213), Tom (219), and Bill (218)!!!
Well done to the four repeat Rifleman, Mrs. C, Becky, James, and TruT!

Thanks to the SAR reenactors for joining us on Saturday and giving us a better understanding of the muskets of the time.

Thanks to the instructors for a safe, enjoyable weekend.

I will try to write something more up as soon as I can. In the meantime, please post your experiences and pictures here!
Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

Mr.Freedom

I love the Appleseeds in Idaho. Waiting for pictures please!!!!!
Don't Ever Forget 9/11

I Pray Not For An Easy Life, But That I Become A Strong Person.

THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph Thomas Paine

Nex Quietus

Thanks very much to the Idaho folks.  Western Rose, you and your family are Fantastic.  EERT, thanks so much for your passionate history and your thorough instruction.  Only Hits Count, I look forward to working with you and the rest of  the Washington folks.  I know I missed quite a few folks, but my thanks to them is no less.  You will be seeing me and my family and friends again.

-jim

Roland

Great shoot. Glad to be working back at my home range. I've got a lot of stuff to cover (and this is just the Public AAR)!) so here goes:

First off:

Instructor cadre. My nakama. Great working with you all, and hope to do so soon. See ya'll at the next shoot here, or maybe Moscow or Medical Lake. Good history presentations, and apparently I didn't botch mine to badly either!

The congratulations:

Angie and Tom, good job on your rifleman scores, unfortunately I was on the other end of the line and didn't get to work with you much.

Bill, great job. A rifleman persists, you showed this quality, and it payed off with a 218 score.

Joe, my man, good to have you here, and hope to see you again (P.S. I still have your stuff!)

Luis: good shooting, especially in sitting, and hope to see you again too.

Jim on the left (don't recall a last name): So close! 4 points off!

Jim E: Nice shooting, and thanks for staying around to help clean up. Remember to relax!

Cutters: Good job to all, and glad to see you are still trying and willing to improve.

And the thank yous:

To BeastMode44 for taking the orange hat on Sunday.

To all that stayed around to help clean up.

To the Sons of the American Revolution for a fantastic demonstration.

I'm sure there are more in this category, but that's all that comes to mind right now!

Later,

Dirk/Roland

P.S. Happy Patriots Day, God Bless America and all those who have given their service to defend Her.

The doorway to freedom is framed by the muskets that stood between a vision of of liberty and absolute anarchy at a place called Concord Bridge--Charlton Heston, 1997

"Be a man of principle. Fight for what you believe in. Keep your word. Live with integrity. Be brave. Believe in something bigger than yourself. Serve your country. Teach. Mentor. Give something back to society. Lead from the front. Conquer your fears. Be a good friend. Be humble and be self-confident. Appreciate your friends and family. Be a leader and not a follower. Be valorous on the field of battle. And take responsibility for your actions. Never forget those that were killed. And never let rest those that killed them." -- Major Douglas Zembiec

Western Rose

Special thanks to EERT for the use of his (soon-to-be) Red hat! I still can't believe I forgot mine at home! :o :-[ %) Also, thanks for demoing right handed even though you are left handed! :---

Bill, well done on shooting your Rifleman score at your first Appleseed! I didn't get very many pictures from Sunday, so I am hoping one of the other people with a camera got a picture of you getting your Rifleman patch. Sorry!

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

50th Appleseed

Reformed Redneck

To all:

Hate to be late to the party. This is, however, a consequence of actually having some paying work to do.

This was a very rewarding weekend all around. It's great to get together with a group of Americans who aspire to make the Rifleman standard and take that first step of actually becoming Riflemen in character also. Along with that it was a great opportunity, by virtue of the history presentations by our staff and the Sons of Liberty, to remember what has been bequeathed to us by that Founding Generation. Two hundred and thirty-six years ago today!

Kudos go out to those who listened to and implemented the marksmanship techniques we teach. Some of you were rewarded with success, some of you are close. Persist. Every Rifleman does. Bryan, hope to see you on the line again soon. Think how it will be with a rifle that works all the time! You've proved your persistence.

Enjoy the reminders that the photos provide, and get that 7th steppin' going.

Best regards,
Reformed Redneck
I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the chains.

"...Of Zebulon, such as went forth to battle, expert in war, with all instruments of war...which could keep rank: they were not of double heart..."

Crosshairs

Western Rose, no worries on the pics.  If you have them - cool.  If not - no worries.  I have the "Redcoat" AQT to prove it  ;) 

The biggest thing is being in the same circle of great riflemen as you guys, and our forefathers - and now it's time to live up to what we have inherited from them.

Roland, thank for the kind words.  That means a lot.  I'll always remember 2-2-3-3.  Thanks for you and your dads help - and the 10-22  :---  Guess what my next rifle is going to be??

OnlyHitsCount

What a great weekend!  So glad that I could make it up for this historic weekend!

^:)^ Congratulations to the new Riflemen Bill, Angie, and Tom!  Remember, this is just a starting point!   O0

It was great having opportunity to work with so many receptive shooters.  Bill, Jim, Teresa, and Patrick, it was great being on the line with you!   ..:.. ..:..   Bill and Jim, I look forward to seeing you in our neck of the woods.   :cool2:

Thanks to eert and Mrs. eert for such gracious accomodations!  ::)  And an excellent tip on 'quick' cleaning the rifles!   ;)

Thanks to all the Redneck Clan for unbeatable leadership.   ^:)^   And to all the great instructors, for your friendship and encouragement.  See you on the trail!

Amy
OnlyHitsCount

That I may proclaim with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all Your wondrous works.  Psalm 26:7

The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand

Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.  - John the Baptist

God doesn't believe in atheists.  (Romans 1:20)

eert

Greetings Appleseeders and welcome to the club!

I have to ditto the others, WHAT A GREAT SHOOT!  We had such a high Instructor count that the shooter to Instructor ratio was amazing.  So many instructors that I never did get to work with everyone on the line.  However, for the ones I did get to work with, what great improvement and a couple of RM scores to boot! 

Joe D., I'm sorry I didn't get to work with you on Saturday, but judging by your targets, you were heeding the lessons well!  A 186 on your first AQT, which is better than I sure did on my first AQT.  You would have shot a RM Sunday for sure.  The rifle awaits your next Appleseed.  And now the pressure is on as that rifle was loaned to Bill on Sunday who shot a RM.  You must keep up the tradition!!

Working with folks like you is an honor, and it makes me proud to have earned a red hat on this shoot.  The only thing better than earning a RM patch, is seeing others whom you've helped along the way earn it.  That is even surpassed by meeting and maybe even encouraging others who believe there is a path worth traveling to make our country whole again. 

Congrats to all and I hope to see many of you along the Appleseed trail!

EERT

Evenstar

Another great Idaho shoot in the books! A special weekend full of remembering those who fought for our freedom, the '1 year anniversary' of the first shoot I instructed at, 1 year since I'd met some of the best people around, and much more.

Thanks go to FRGC for continuing to host Appleseeds for CdA. O0

To the attendees, thanks for coming out! Looking forward to working with you all again. Jim C., you'll get that patch next time, I'm sure of it! O0 :cool2: Angie, congratulations on your Rifleman score. First time out! Nice going! ;) Teresa, nice redcoat target! Bill, Tom, congrats on those RM patches! Cutters, good to see you guys again. :)

Instructors, always a pleasure to work with you all. Eert, Roland, EXCELLENT history! :bow: ^:)^

Eert, congratulations again on that shiny new hat. Beastmode44, welcome again to the NW Jr. Instructor crew. :D

I got barely any pictures, but here's a few.
'Pictures... or it didn't happen!' &)

"What we do in life echoes in eternity.

"All we must decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

"She is worth the wait. When she lifts her head - she smiles!" - Earl

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11
Medical Lake, WA - July 31, 2011

Roland

Quote from: Crosshairs on April 20, 2011, 01:18:22 AM

Guess what my next rifle is going to be??

10/22,  ^:)^. Let me know when you get it and I can recommend some accesories that make it way more suited to Appleseed.

On a different note: MY EYES AREN'T CLOSED! That's gotta be a first. And an all time low for pictures from the official **) photography crew.

I'm off to post some flyers ,

Roland
The doorway to freedom is framed by the muskets that stood between a vision of of liberty and absolute anarchy at a place called Concord Bridge--Charlton Heston, 1997

"Be a man of principle. Fight for what you believe in. Keep your word. Live with integrity. Be brave. Believe in something bigger than yourself. Serve your country. Teach. Mentor. Give something back to society. Lead from the front. Conquer your fears. Be a good friend. Be humble and be self-confident. Appreciate your friends and family. Be a leader and not a follower. Be valorous on the field of battle. And take responsibility for your actions. Never forget those that were killed. And never let rest those that killed them." -- Major Douglas Zembiec

NorthIdahoGal

Hi guys!  Sorry I'm late.

Our family had a lot of fun at this shoot.  Thank you, instructors! :)

Congrats, Eert, on getting your red hat; it's a much better color on you than orange is. ;D

I didn't get very many pics this time, but here they are.

NIG
Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.  Luke 22:36

Western Rose

50th Appleseed

eert

Today's Coeur d'Alene Press had a nice article on the shoot.  I'll be scanning and forwarding to the state coordinator tomorrow.  If anyone else wants a copy of the scan, PM me.

EERT

Roland

Here is the direct link to the article on the CDA Press website: http://www.cdapress.com/news/outdoors/article_3e1c7d11-5215-50db-9c9a-977b03b80b82.html

It's a good article, to my way of thinking.

Recognize some of the names listed  8) ?

Roland

Reformed Redneck

Roland and eert,

Thanks gents. I'll look forward to seeing the article.

RR
I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the chains.

"...Of Zebulon, such as went forth to battle, expert in war, with all instruments of war...which could keep rank: they were not of double heart..."

Evenstar

Looks like the article turned out great. O0 O0 O0 Thanks guys!
'Pictures... or it didn't happen!' &)

"What we do in life echoes in eternity.

"All we must decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

"She is worth the wait. When she lifts her head - she smiles!" - Earl

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11
Medical Lake, WA - July 31, 2011

Ratchett

Super article. Congratulations Idaho Cadre!!! Job well done to all O0

Ratchett
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

OnlyHitsCount

Wow!  That turned out great!  O0  You gotta love positive publicity!  :D
That I may proclaim with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all Your wondrous works.  Psalm 26:7

The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand

Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.  - John the Baptist

God doesn't believe in atheists.  (Romans 1:20)