News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Piru, CA April 16-17 AAR

Started by Dano, April 19, 2011, 01:01:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dano

Another fine day for an Appleseed in Piru; the weather was hot as usual with Saturday at about 100 °, Sunday it cooled down to the mid 90's. This did not stop 25 fine patriots from coming out on Saturday and them 20 of them returned on Sunday.  It was a fast paced weekend and the students did well. We made 1 Rifleman on Saturday with Mike shooting a 215. On Sunday Ethan Mike's son shot a 219 and a 209. Ethan is only 13 years old and shoots with better form than most adults. Well-done Ethan!

One of the highlights of the weekend was making three new orange hats, Pete also known as Gratefuldog, and Matt and his dad Pete also taking hats. This is how the program grows and it is great to see fine young Americans growing the program. We had several people with scores in the 160 and 170 so there will be more Rifleman made at Piru in the near future! Thanks to all the Instructors who showed up to help on the line, I could not have done it without you.

Dano
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

'No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is as formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.'- Ronald Reagan

Dano

More pics!
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

'No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is as formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.'- Ronald Reagan

BaldDragn

Sorry Dano, you would have had another Rifleman, but I got Scott1600 on my line this weekend and he earned his patch on Saturday. I promice I'll give him back but he took one of my orange hats while he was here, so if you could send one back some time I'd sure appreciate it 8)

Thanks,
BD
"Anxiety and stress are the children of apathy and ignorance." - Jack Spirko

Saving the USS America - Good work if you can get it: Group Consensus, Sac 06/09 Instructors Meeting.

SAPPER STEEL!

Rocket Man

I see Orange Hats on Matt and Pete!  Awesome!

Great shoot, you guys! 
... if ever a mistaken complaisance leads them to sacrifice their privileges, or the well-meaning assertors of them, they will deserve bondage, and soon will find themselves in chains. -- Joseph Warren (anon)

mj

Dano,

Thanks again for the important American history lessons and the great marksmanship instruction this past weekend.  And thank you for the kind words about my son.  It was only fitting that Ethan bettered my Rifleman score.  He outshoots me on a regular basis.  A great group, and a great group of instructors.  A special thanks to Steve for helping us both earn our patches.  We look forward to more Appleseed involvement.

Mike