News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Wabash, IN April 16-17, 2011

Started by ATM, April 18, 2011, 02:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ATM

Another fine weekend at the Wabash Wildlife and Sportsman Assoc. range!
12 shooters took the firing line Saturday in nearly perfect weather - rainy, cold and windy.  O0

(Sunday was slightly disappointing with the sunny warmer weather, but we persevered.) ;)

A nice mix of experienced and new shooters, we got new rifles on paper quickly and saw shrinking groups with each instructional point.

I believe that everyone connected with our unique American heritage in a new and very personal way.
The history always challenges us to consider the tough choices they made and the terrible cost they paid to secure our Liberty.
To remember is to honor. Saturday's Liberty Volley was one of the many ways we honored these heroes as we joined with shooters across the nation in fitting salute.

By the end of day 1, there was tremendous improvement in the marksmanship and day 2 polished those fundamentals and AQT scores showed it.
John backed up his Rifleman score with a 220 before switching over to the Known Distance line Sunday afternoon and thoroughly abusing the steel (finally shooting it to the ground, of course.  ^-^ Techres would have been proud!)
We also had a couple of our IITs requalify Rifleman as they took turns on AQTs and on the KD line as well.
Several others were up in the 180s and 190s. That is outstanding shooting!
I know that they will practice by the numbers and return to nail it next time. Right? :cool2:

Overall, it was a safe, fun, high-energy shoot filled with great attitudes and friendly folks.  :)
I've said it before and I'll say it again... I meet some of the finest people in the world at every Appleseed I've been to.
It is my honor to have spent time getting to know you all. Thank you so much for coming out!

Don't forget the 7th step.  @@) Tell people - bring them back with you - join us in saving the nation.

(You don't have to tell them about the singing.)  ^:)^

**)

Check back for pictures soon!

Say no to drugs. $$-0 Say yes to bacon. O0

Stubborn Yankee

The weekend was great, weather included.  Very impressive shooting!  It won't take much to get several over the top to Riflemen. O0

I will post more later; have to go make funeral arrangements for my Aunt in Michigan. :'(  Sorry about the slow posting of the pictures-I have a bunch of good ones so check back tomorrow or tomorrow night.

AuntieBellum

The suspense...can't wait to see those pictures!!!   ^:)^
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

ATM

OK, while we're itchin' for the pictures, a few shout outs...

Eric and Joyce: You both did very well in Saturday's weather. Wish you could have made it back to shoot more AQTs on Sunday. Hope to see you on the line again soon!

Scott: You had some impressive tight groups with that mini14! I think we were near the limit of the rear sight adjustment so you may need to adjust the front down for longer ranges.

Ariel: So glad you joined us this weekend. In between Monster drinks  ;) , your groups were continuing to shrink as well. You did great!

AJ and Katie: Well done! Katie just kept at it, working those steps, and was down to about a 6 moa group by the end of Saturday. Very nice!
AJ, glad you made it back Sunday. We wire tied a sling to his tube and he was scoring in the 190s on the AQTs. So close! You know what to do - dryfire and come on back!

Dan: You've got everything you need. Just fine-tuning and putting it all together will get you over the hump and shooting 210+. Your form is good and you kept your mind in it through every course of fire.

John: Rifleman performance and now hooked on steel, too?  ^-^ I tell ya, you'd look mighty nice in an orange hat.  O0

Pat, John, Cody and Melody: For a late start, you caught up quickly. Glad you were able to join us!
Cody and Melody were our designated snipers and learned to safely and effectively shoot their rifle.
Pat and John found positions that worked for them and improved their marksmanship while learning about their new 10/22. Hope you all can come back out for another Appleseed soon.

IITs Stubborn Yankee, LibertyWriterHH, Dan and Justin took turns on the firing line Sunday as well. AQTs, steel, AKs, ARs, even a suppressed 10/22 found their way to the line.
You guys are awesome and kept things running smoothly the whole weekend. O0

Thanks again to all, see you on the trail!

Stubborn Yankee

I am attempting to get the photos on the AAR but will need to get some help from AuntieBellum.  I am afraid this forum stuff doesn't quite click yet but I will keep working at it! Sorry for the delay.

Stubborn Yankee

Sorry it took so long to post these pictures.  I will post some captions once I get back home.

Stubborn Yankee

ATM

Great pics, Stubborn Yankee. Thanks!

odin44

Ariel and I had a blast this weekend we had family over for some shooting fun.  I was so proud of Ariel she pulled all the line safety and also taught a few people how to shoot properly.  Thank you very much for a great time we plan to do this again.  ..:..