News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Lemoore, CA April 16-17, 2011

Started by Garand56, April 18, 2011, 11:25:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garand56

We had a fine turnout with 14 shooters (full range) on Saturday. We lost 2 after lunch and another later in the day, so we finished with 11. We were able to solve the problem of the wind blowing over the target stands by the liberal application of railroad ties to hold them down. I must be getting old because those things sure were heavy.

5 shooters returned on Sunday, and we have a new Rifleman and IIT-well done Brandon! Several others had very good scores, and I'm sure next time will do the trick for them. Thanks to Furrowfoot and Cal 7.62 for helping out. My details are a little sketchy because I left my notes at home, so I'll post additional info later. Here's hoping for another sellout in June.

G56 OUT.
We're surrounded...that simplfies the problem.

"Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any AMERICA because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!"
-Lt. Gen. Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC

Garand56

Thanks to Chuck and Kay who brought their kids-Brandon, Bryan, and Gracie. Their kids brought friends too, so by my count 10 of the 14 shooters on Saturday were the work of a single family. Along with that Chuck scored a 193, so he will earn that patch soon. Outstanding! It was good to see Mark again-this time with his daughter, and new shooters Ralph and his son Jackson. Thanks again to all who made the effort to be there, and we hope to see all of you return soon (with more friends).

G56
We're surrounded...that simplfies the problem.

"Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any AMERICA because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!"
-Lt. Gen. Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC

Cal 7.62

What a wonderful shoot this was. ^:)^
A little bit of wind, but other than that temps were bareable. :cool2:
We had to work out some equipment issues first, :wb: but we got the folks dialed in and up to snuff.  O0
The shooters took the instruction well  8) as we saw steady :~  improvement  :--- through the weekend.
The history was well received also. O0
Congratulations to Brandon O0 our only rifleman of the weekend and thanks for stepping up to the plate and taking the orange hat.  O0  O0 It's a journey not a destination.
I know many of those shooters will be back for more, now they've had a taste of Appleseed. :---
It's always good to work with different instructors to exchange ideas and methods. I enjoyed working with Furrowfoot (Neil) and Garand56 (David) 
A tip 'o the hat to Garand 56 and the Mrs. for being such gracious hosts. :bow: Even the "Barbie room" was nice. I know if I have a chance I won't hesitate to come back again. I had a great time in Lemoore.
Steve
"Let us therefore rely upon the goodness of the Cause, and the aid of the Supreme Being, in whose hands Victory is, to animate and encourage us to great and noble actions - The Eyes of all our countrymen are now upon us..." - George Washington

Cal 7.62

Pics from Lemoore.
"Let us therefore rely upon the goodness of the Cause, and the aid of the Supreme Being, in whose hands Victory is, to animate and encourage us to great and noble actions - The Eyes of all our countrymen are now upon us..." - George Washington

Cal 7.62

More pics.

Cal 7.62

Pics as promised, (a little late) :-[

FurrowFoot

Ditto to what Garand56 & Cal 7.62 said.  A good two days of shooters determined to learn and do their very best, and friends and families soaking up the history of April 19th.  Congratulations to Brandon on the Rifleman score and accepting the Orange Hat of Instructor.  All of you shooters know very well how to put the holes in the target, you done proved that.  Now practice your dryfiring for the next time.  Thanks Cal 7.62 for coming down from the mountains to help and for posting the pictures.

Take Care,
FurrowFoot