News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Santa Barbara, CA 16 Apr 2011

Started by Justin, April 18, 2011, 04:43:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin

A great shoot, incredible shooters, outstanding instructors and a beautiful range. I cant think of anything better, any place I would have rather been! Please feel free to post AAR from the shoot here, I will be posting a more in depth post this evening.
"Le médiocrité est l'ennemi de la parfaite." -

"We have too many high sounding words, and too few actions that correspond with them" - Abigail Adams

California Appleseed
http://www.facebook.com/pages/California-Appleseed/203137793037851

Marpat Pippi

AAR

It was great to have so many new shooters come out to learn about our heritage and marksmanship!
Everyone showed great improvement and most importantly remained safe throughout the day.

After figuring out how to align the sights, there was a vast improvement from our beginning shooters as evidenced by the redcoat targets!

Curt, a returning Appleseeder, always makes me laugh with his Lotus like sitting position...but it works for him which is what matters. He shot a 209...took an ROC sticker and I am sure will be Rifleman at the next event!

It was great to have so many families and youth, and to have everyone participate. Renee brought Dylan & Taylor, Greg brought John, Brad brought Davis, and Dyan brought Luke, Caleb, and Rachel (for Appleseed #2).

Attendees will be getting an email from me this evening...if you do not, please PM me.
It has all the great details about what to do now, upcoming events, making your own rifle, civilian marksmanship program, range membership Etc.   

Pictures to come.

Justin

What a great Saturday and liberty weekend.  I had a great time sharing our heritage and seeing the great marksman that came out to shoot. I was literally awestruck by the shot groups I saw early in the day, we had a bunch of great shooters.

I hope everyone had as great of a day as I did, and thank you all for making it memorable. Thanks so much to the instructors. You guys are a great team and I'm glad to have been your guest from down south! I really can't put into words how impressed I was with everything! Thanks again for making it such a great day!

Some pictures from the shoot.

Our youth, posterity, and future!

The Line!

Shooters down range marking their targets.

"Le médiocrité est l'ennemi de la parfaite." -

"We have too many high sounding words, and too few actions that correspond with them" - Abigail Adams

California Appleseed
http://www.facebook.com/pages/California-Appleseed/203137793037851

Marpat Pippi

Here are some pictures. :~ :~ :~

Edgar

I wanted to thank the awesome instructors and volunteers at this event. You guys where excellent and I could see that everyone there had a blast. im telling all my friends that are interested in shooting that before they buy anything else, they need to buy a .22 rifle, a couple bricks of ammo, a usgi sling, eye and ear protection, and tickets to an appleseed shoot. my first rifle was a centerfire and i tried to teach myself and i definitely got above average i would say but nothing compared to what the instruction at appleseed did to my groupings. i could have saved a lot of money on expensive centirefire ammo and a lot of frustration by just taking this class from the beggining.

the passion that the instructors demonstrated towards our heritage and the sacrifices our forefathers made was very much appreciated as well. In case anyone who hasnt attended was wondering, there is nothing militant or political about this program at all, far from it, just a bunch of people that love shooting, that love this country and that recognize the sacrifices and courage of the men, women and children that where the early Americans.

I will definitely do my best to attend the next shoot.

Marpat Pippi

Excellent Groups Edgar! It was great to have you there and we look forward to seeing you again O0
Our next Santa Barbara Event is July 2-3...another great historical weekend to celebrate!

Although the Declaration of Independance was not signed until July 4th, on July 2nd congress agreed to a resolution of independance and John Adams wrote the following to his wife:

John writes to his wife Abigail from Philadelphia July 3, 1776:

The Second Day of July 1776, will be the most memorable Epocha, in the History of America. I am apt to believe that it will be celebrated, by succeeding Generations, as the great anniversary Festival. It ought to be commemorated, as the Day of Deliverance by solemn Acts of Devotion to God Almighty. It ought to be solemnized with Pomp and Parade with shews, Games, Sports, Guns, Bells, Bonfires and Illuminations from one End of this continent to the other from this Time forward forever more.

You will think me transported with Enthusiasm but I am not. I am well aware of the Toil and Blood and Treasure, that it will cost Us to maintain this Declaration, and support and defend these states. Yet through all the Gloom I can see the Rays of ravishing Light and Glory. I can see that the End is more than worth all the Means. And that Posterity will triumph in that Days Transaction, even although We should rue it, with I trust in God We shall not.

Quote from: Edgar on April 25, 2011, 02:30:14 PM
I wanted to thank the awesome instructors and volunteers at this event. You guys where excellent and I could see that everyone there had a blast. im telling all my friends that are interested in shooting that before they buy anything else, they need to buy a .22 rifle, a couple bricks of ammo, a usgi sling, eye and ear protection, and tickets to an appleseed shoot. my first rifle was a centerfire and i tried to teach myself and i definitely got above average i would say but nothing compared to what the instruction at appleseed did to my groupings. i could have saved a lot of money on expensive centirefire ammo and a lot of frustration by just taking this class from the beggining.

the passion that the instructors demonstrated towards our heritage and the sacrifices our forefathers made was very much appreciated as well. In case anyone who hasnt attended was wondering, there is nothing militant or political about this program at all, far from it, just a bunch of people that love shooting, that love this country and that recognize the sacrifices and courage of the men, women and children that where the early Americans.

I will definitely do my best to attend the next shoot.