News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR - Manheim, PA - April 16-17, 2011

Started by mal, April 17, 2011, 11:54:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mal

Well, I hate to be a quitter, but like some others we got pretty much weathered out Saturday.  Our target line got swamped & torn down and the brand new canopy shelter was demolished & collapsed by lunch time.  We ended packing up and heading inside for a few hours to finish up the 2nd & 3rd strikes, the BBB & the rest of the marksmanship instruction before heading home.  We started hard Sunday with a quick review & began pounding away at AQTs.  We ended the day with the Volley for Liberty.  I read through the list first & commented on the half dozen or so names for which I had some background knowledge before we did the actual volley. 

I want to thank everyone for coming out & sticking it out for as long as you did.  You guys (and gal) are real troopers.

Thanks also to Frank, Doug & George from the Lower Providence & the Boulder Valley clubs for doing an outstanding muzzle loader demo for us.  You did a great job & i think that was a highlight for the weekend.  Much appreciated!
~Malcontent

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson

"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."
~ John Adams

kDan

Good thing they've got that nice clubhouse there at Manheim for you all to retire to, eh?

I hope to make it out there again this year.

How many shooters did you have?  How many firing lanes are there now?  We had like five at the first event in 2009.

"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

mal

Quote from: kDan on April 18, 2011, 03:54:47 PM
Good thing they've got that nice clubhouse there at Manheim for you all to retire to, eh?

I hope to make it out there again this year.

How many shooters did you have?  How many firing lanes are there now?  We had like five at the first event in 2009.

Aye, the club house was a life saver, for sure.

We had 10 of 14 shooters on the line Saturday morning.  Just as I said hello & welcome to Appleseed the rain started.  By about 11am, 3 had enough of it & went home to dry out.  Sunday we had 7 of 9 on the line.  We can get ~10 on the line in 1 bay comfortably.  Any more than that & we'd either have to sardine them in (nah) or expand to a 2nd bay.

Just in case any of the attendees want to know the results of 'The Curious Case of the Collapsed Canopy', Target did take it back!  Woohoo!  I had my doubts, but my wife insisted they would.  I should know by now not to doubt her.  I'll have to patron their establishment again when they have more in stock.
~Malcontent

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson

"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."
~ John Adams

kDan

I like that range too.  Nice people though I can't remember the guys name.  Al, maybe.  Good food when the kitchen's open.  Did you ever manage to shoot kd across the lawn, or does that hay-ride trap shooter trolley still make it impossible?  I should go back there this year.  I slept in the Christian Campground next door.  Lots of screaming kids made me right at home.

Everybody in the northeast lost tarps this week-end.  Shooting mats and gear flippin in the air.  Ammo boxes were rolling away in Vermont, no lie!

Crazy what you gotta put up with to run a safe Appleseed. 
"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout