News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Chambersburg, PA April 16,17 2011

Started by tatical308, April 17, 2011, 08:48:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tatical308

Four shooters braved the 2" of pouring rain on Saturday. Thought we were going to need hip boots to check targets!! At least the firing line was dry with the roof and concrete pad. The cardboard target line lasted for the first redcoat then the wind and rain took its toll. We adapted by using the permanent homosote target backers on the range at 25 yards.

The shooters came with very teachable attitudes and dressed for the weather. Sorry but none made Rifleman. Liberty volley at 4pm eastern went off without a hitch, after which we called it a day due to flooding on the area roadways.

Sunday the rain finally stopped and we had some sun but then came the 40mph gusts of wind, the shooters found out what it was like to shoot at moving targets!!

All shooters vowed to return in  June and try again. All thanked the instructors and said they really enjoyed the history.

Hats off the my RSO's rlewis IIT, and bharbaugh PA's first Applecore.

tatical308 (Shoot Boss)
Aim small, miss small!

skywalker2of5

For all of us at the Chambersburg shoot even though the rain was terrible Saturday, except for my feet the shelter kept us dry and made it very nice. Our Shoot Boss Greg, also was great! At 61 though After 2:15 Sunday I was just to beat to go on and quit, hopefully I'll get back in June and shoot a lot better.
Bruce Walker
Clarksburg, Md.